Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times

Question about Using Microsoft 360 controllers for 2 players via emulators on t100.

I'm currently playing some N64 games via emulators using my USB wired Xbox 360 controller. Here's the question. If I bought an additional wireless Xbox 360 controller, would I be able to play 2 player games on it with a friend (one wired, one wireless Xbox 360)? Just asking because amazon just posted the wireless controller on the cheap today.

And have any of you tried to play games using an HDMI plug from t100 to your TV?

Newb of sorts trying some different gaming configurations via my t100 and would love some tips/insights on these two possibilities. Thanks for any replies ahead of time.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    And have any of you tried to play games using an HDMI plug from t100 to your TV?
    This should work perfectly, can't say for sure about your controller question.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    4 times
    The HDMI should work fine.

As for your controller, I'm not so sure.

Connecting wireless Xbox 360 controllers requires a USB bluetooth adapter, and you already have a USB controller plugged into your USB port, meaning you'd need 2 USB ports to power the adapter and the wired controller, which the T100 doesn't have.

If you have a PS3 or PS4 controller, I suggest you use a program like MotionInJoy, connect the controller via USB to your T100, pair it via the T100's bluetooth and then proceed to run it wirelessly, as this doesn't require a USB port, leaving it open for your wired 360 pad.

The only other option besides (which I don't recommend) is using a USB 2.0 hub plugged into your USB 3.0 port on your T100 (if it's the model with the USB 3.0). I can't recommend it though, as it's possible the T100's USB 3 port doesn't reach the maximum amperage of a USB 3 port and may not provide enough power to run both the adapter and controller. The port would have to run at 900mA to pull it off, and not all USB 3.0 ports will run at that, especially in laptops/netbooks.
    Last edited by Jenraux; 03-24-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you, Jenraux and RichScheller. I just got an HDMI today so i'll try it when i get home. Will look into MotionInJoy as well. I have a bluetooth moga pro that I may try as well. Heard they work minus the triggers which should be fine for the type of gaming I want to use the T100 for (SNES and N64 emulation)

Thanks again!!!
    Stanley

Quote Originally Posted by Jenraux View Post
    The HDMI should work fine.

As for your controller, I'm not so sure.

Connecting wireless Xbox 360 controllers requires a USB bluetooth adapter, and you already have a USB controller plugged into your USB port, meaning you'd need 2 USB ports to power the adapter and the wired controller, which the T100 doesn't have.

If you have a PS3 or PS4 controller, I suggest you use a program like MotionInJoy, connect the controller via USB to your T100, pair it via the T100's bluetooth and then proceed to run it wirelessly, as this doesn't require a USB port, leaving it open for your wired 360 pad.

The only other option besides (which I don't recommend) is using a USB 2.0 hub plugged into your USB 3.0 port on your T100 (if it's the model with the USB 3.0). I can't recommend it though, as it's possible the T100's USB 3 port doesn't reach the maximum amperage of a USB 3 port and may not provide enough power to run both the adapter and controller. The port would have to run at 900mA to pull it off, and not all USB 3.0 ports will run at that, especially in laptops/netbooks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times
    I figured out a workaround. My wired xbox controller works just fine and I added my bluetooth moga pro android controller and set it up as the 2nd controller with an emulator and it works great. two player contra on a flight with your girlfriend. good times. thank you for the tips.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links