Thread: Optimize T100 for gaming

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by XxIceColdxX View Post
    Wonder if the touch screen issue was connected. About 2 weeks ago, prior to messing around with GFX drivers I lost touch screen. After some frustration I found in (Device Manager/Human Interface Devices) one of the driver in there was disabled due to some sort of windows conflict. I used right click and manually disabled it then enable. It restored touch screen and haven't had same problem since.
    Hmm that's weird. Interesting to know I'm not the only person who had issues with the touch screen. Yea after re installing the original drivers the touch feature is working fine for me. I'm just not gonna mess around with the drivers anymore before I really screw up something and can't fix it lol.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by XxIceColdxX View Post
    Wonder if the touch screen issue was connected. About 2 weeks ago, prior to messing around with GFX drivers I lost touch screen. After some frustration I found in (Device Manager/Human Interface Devices) one of the driver in there was disabled due to some sort of windows conflict. I used right click and manually disabled it then enable. It restored touch screen and haven't had same problem since.
    Quite odd, I haven't had this issue when I upgraded the Intel GFX drivers to the last year October 2014 one.

Quote Originally Posted by alicepattinson View Post
    There is too many way on optimizing an android device just keep on searching.
    I think you're mixing the T100 as an Android device, it's Windows 8.1 .

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmcfunky View Post
    Hmm that's weird. Interesting to know I'm not the only person who had issues with the touch screen. Yea after re installing the original drivers the touch feature is working fine for me. I'm just not gonna mess around with the drivers anymore before I really screw up something and can't fix it lol.
    True, this is one of the reasons I haven't yet tried the latest release of Jan 2015 in order to avoid any problems, most likely there is a way, but for now I don't have much time on my hands to do so as well, and no problems with the current GFX drivers installed, hence i'll just use them as it is.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    1 times
    I think I came across wrong... I had the touch screen issue 2 weeks before even attempting to download any Intel drivers. Was trying to say to sgtmcfunky that the touch screen issue and the brand new intel driver may not necessarily be related.

In mycase I2C-HID in Human Interface drivers had a windows conflict. It needed to be manually disabled and enabled, then touch screen functionality was restored.

The new Intel driver may still be safe to use, but just needs further testing.
    Last edited by XxIceColdxX; 03-15-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alicepattinson View Post
    There is too many way on optimizing an android device just keep on searching.
    you do know that we are talking about a full windows 8.1 device? i do not think android apps will help with Intel drivers.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgilius1995 View Post
    Game optimizing
    I have installed Razr Game booster
    Just switch of fps counter video capture and pic capture
    then click optimize before playing
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    According to this article game boosters do little...

Benchmarked: Will a ?Game Booster? Improve Your PC Gaming Performance?
    Finally I found that Razer Cortex Game Booster gives me the best results on gaming.
    I was unable to update intel driver manually and I gave up, this week I wanted to give a try with that game booster (I've used before in an old laptop). The results were great for me!
    I play Tera and I know it's a game that needs a lots of resources and I have a gaming laptop for that, but I can't carry it all the time. Now I can play at 15/20 fps, without Booster it gave me from 5/12 fps and when lots of players, NPCs or enemies it would drop to 1 or 0 fps making the game unplayable.
    Yo can give it a try and see what results give to you, if it does not improve your playing you can uninstall and try another thing.
    ASUS Transformer Book (T100TA-DK005H, Intel Atom BayTrail-T Z3740, 32GB eMMC + 250GB SSD (keyboard mod 500GB), BIOS 313) - Windows 10 Core
    MOUNTAIN Graphite 40 Pro (Core i7 4810-MQ, 16GB DDR3, GTX870M 6GB DDR5, 480GB SSD + 750GB, 17,3" Full HD) - Windows 10 Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    4 times
    Game booster is probably largely affected by what programs you have installed.

All the game booster does is identify programs which are not essential, and shuts them down while you play a game, and reboots them when you close the game.

If you're already careful about installing resource intensive background apps on something weak like a tablet, it won't make much of a difference, but if you do have a good deal of random background apps (Things like DropBox, various game clients, streaming software) then it'd make sense that it improves performance.

For me personally, it either didn't improve it, or only improved it by 1 or 2 FPS, so I removed it.

The only background app I have running on here is DropBox and my Anti-Virus, and I'd rather not have the booster disabling my Anti-Virus, which I'm pretty sure it's careful about not doing anyway.
    Last edited by Jenraux; 03-25-2015 at 03:28 AM.
    Caster likes this.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    I agree with Jenraux above, I had tried this long back, when I initially got the T100 and was going through some benchmarks and stress testing of the unit, never liked the Game Booster as well, since I posted it's link on the first page for others to download, no improvements in games, it mainly focuses on what all apps are running, and shut's down the unnecessary ones, also it's a very known app to cause 'Windows Losing Active Focuses' too, so becareful on that part. If you see the cursor switching the app focus from the main window, Game Booster would mainly be the reason for that if the problem started after you installed it , I have had this happen too. Goodluck guys!
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links