Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times

GestureWorks Gameplay - play Direct X games in tablet mode

Hi to all,
    I want to inform you about this app for Windows 8 tablets, which allows you to control most of the Direct X games through touch gestures and touch controls (visible in overlay mode). There are profiles for many games, also you can create profile for games, you would like to play on your T100 (just creating profile for Psychonauts from GOG, which works fine on T100). The price seems to me reasonable compared to result.

P.S. Just to be clear, I was inspired by information from different thread from this forum by Gavoux, so all credit goes to him. Thanks man.
    rscheller likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xgandalf View Post
    Hi to all,
    I want to inform you about this app for Windows 8 tablets, which allows you to control most of the Direct X games through touch gestures and touch controls (visible in overlay mode). There are profiles for many games, also you can create profile for games, you would like to play on your T100 (just creating profile for Psychonauts from GOG, which works fine on T100). The price seems to me reasonable compared to result.

P.S. Just to be clear, I was inspired by information from different thread from this forum by Gavoux, so all credit goes to him. Thanks man.

Gestureworks is a great tool - not perfect but great.- Now i Play on tablet mode (Dreamfall longest journey, Brothes a tale of two sons, Red Alert 3 (This controler made by me))

Gestureworks support all directx 9c games and some directx9 but there is files to support few older games like Playboy Mansion, Warcraft 3 etc. For me is a must for my tablet, because i dont like to attatch keyboard on this
    rscheller likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    It uses a lot of memory though so you don't want to have it running in the background while playing a game that uses a lot of memory as well. You could open the game through gestureworks then go back to your desktop and close gestureworks and resume your game with the touch controls still working.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pharredd View Post
    It uses a lot of memory though so you don't want to have it running in the background while playing a game that uses a lot of memory as well. You could open the game through gestureworks then go back to your desktop and close gestureworks and resume your game with the touch controls still working.
    I did not notice any difference on frames (I use Fraps)

Also there is one more great program - Virtualgamepad works only on window mode or window full screen (not full screen) but this is compatible with all games and has some great features (touchpad mouse etc)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    I evaluated gesture works for total war games but i found out that it doesnt support double click.

Also a big problem of gesture works is that if you are using the overlay buttons the normal touch screen events like click and drag are not working because gesture works is also overwritting them

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by methosmethos View Post
    I evaluated gesture works for total war games but i found out that it doesnt support double click.

Also a big problem of gesture works is that if you are using the overlay buttons the normal touch screen events like click and drag are not working because gesture works is also overwritting them
    Yes that's true..need to replace them with gestureworks gestures or touch buttons

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times

Total War: Rome 2 actually has native multi touch support

But yeah, GestureWorks is not that great, it often does not work with the games I tried. VirtualGamepad is a bit better. Still, playing La Mulana on GW is great

If you are looking for the possibility to press certain buttons, touchme gestures works as well. I usually use touchme for games which require you to go to the side of the screen to scroll (using 2(and 3)-finger-hold+tap left/right). It's not great, but works

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavoux View Post
    Yes that's true..need to replace them with gestureworks gestures or touch buttons
    Still its not possible with gesture works to create a gesture that does a double click.

From what i have tested so far Virtual Gamepad is by far the most advanced product.
    You just have to start the game in windows mode. Many games support that already.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    7 times
    Still its not possible with gesture works to create a gesture that does a double click.

From what i have tested so far Virtual Gamepad is by far the most advanced product.
    You just have to start the game in windows mode. Many games support that already.
    Both tools is very good - The only problem with gestureworks there is not Trackpad Support and plays only games directx 9c+ Virtualgame pad work better but only in window mode thats mean games for full screen must play native t100 resolution some games has lag (you cant play games on 800x600 etc)

verdict with games i play with tools

GestureWorks - For Newest Games - Games i play with that
    Mass Effect3, Longest Jurney Dreamfall (i complete this 100%), jagged Alliance back in action, Red alert 3, Prince o Persia 2008 (I complete thsi 100%)

VirtualGamepad - For Oldies
    halo, Deus ex GOTY, Doom 3, Kotor 2
    Last edited by Gavoux; 07-04-2014 at 02:02 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    8 times
    GestureWorks is 50% off ($7.49 USD) on Steam until the 25th.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links