Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Playable games on the T100

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Has anyone tried running a game on the SD card as well as a USB 3.0 drive? Curious if it is that much of a performance difference.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unrly View Post
    Has anyone tried running a game on the SD card as well as a USB 3.0 drive? Curious if it is that much of a performance difference.
    Load times is longer. Everythink else is same-performance

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    And of course the speed of your SD as well. My Sandisk Ultra 64gb microsd is oceans slower than my Sandisk Cruzer Fit 64gb USB 2.0 drive.

The Cruzer fit is a highly recommended size of dongle as you're unlikely to knock it out when using it like you might with a lot of other ones. I'd leave it in all the time, but the system keeps itself awake when it's plugged in.

You can improve the performance of the SD card somewhat by enabling 'better performance' in the Device Manager window (being careful to select the correct drive). The only downside to this is, if you remove it a lot, you won't be able to just hit eject on the card and take it, you have to use the Windows eject function first so it clears the write cache.

Personally, I think it's hardwired into most of us to use the safely eject function, so I put better performance on all the drives. I'll take what performance I can!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSasquatch View Post
    You can improve the performance of the SD card somewhat by enabling 'better performance' in the Device Manager window (being careful to select the correct drive). The only downside to this is, if you remove it a lot, you won't be able to just hit eject on the card and take it, you have to use the Windows eject function first so it clears the write cache.
    Thanks! This is the info I was looking for! I do have a Sandisk Ultra, but I was looking in to a 128GB USB 3.0 flash drive as I know that would be faster than a 2. The Cruzer Fit would be ideal, but I would rather use the money spent on a 64 for a 128 USB 3.0 and have the extra speed. I definitely appreciate the info!

I will look in to the 'better performance' as I hadn't known that feature before!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unrly View Post
    Thanks! This is the info I was looking for! I do have a Sandisk Ultra, but I was looking in to a 128GB USB 3.0 flash drive as I know that would be faster than a 2. The Cruzer Fit would be ideal, but I would rather use the money spent on a 64 for a 128 USB 3.0 and have the extra speed. I definitely appreciate the info!

I will look in to the 'better performance' as I hadn't known that feature before!
    No worries! It's not going to make the thing lightning fast or anything, it just enables write caching, so helps a little when writing fairly small amounts to the drive. Of course, it means you can't yank it out at a moments notice if you have to leave, but most of the stuff I plug into the T100 is permament or semi anyway, like the sd-card reader.

By all means get a 3.0 flash drive, there's no shortage of them, it's just that the form factor is the issue for me. The cruzer fit, especially when inside a case, is a very snug fit against the shell of the T100 whereas a standard USB stick wouldn't be.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    7 times
    Mass effect 3 Looks great on low graphics and play almost perfect! - I play with GWG this is a perfect tablet game!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    First, sorry for my bad english

But question about The Witcher Enhanced Edition. Does it work? Page 4 somebody says that it works only on tablet mode? I understand right? : DD

And i would be grateful if you tell me some good free steam games what works.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mmakti View Post
    First, sorry for my bad english

But question about The Witcher Enhanced Edition. Does it work? Page 4 somebody says that it works only on tablet mode? I understand right? : DD

And i would be grateful if you tell me some good free steam games what works.
    The witcher EE works just fine on any mode. I tried it and found it to be a bit choppy even on lowest settings, however I like to play my games full wide screen and not 800x600 resolution. Give it a try and see what you think

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mjp1984 View Post
    The witcher EE works just fine on any mode. I tried it and found it to be a bit choppy even on lowest settings, however I like to play my games full wide screen and not 800x600 resolution. Give it a try and see what you think
    Withcer plays very well on T100 the only problem is thiw old games dont see 4cores and plays only with One - Anyway runs very good 20-40 Frames Average 30 on low details and acceptable Resolution i play it in Native - Everthing works only with touch but any time run it you can bypass long intro video because there isnt Esc key i use Voice command for that

Verdict

Witcher 1 on t100 plays only with touch allmost perfect!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    Any info about playing Far Cry 3\ Sniper Elite 3 \ Rust on the T100?

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links