Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    51 times

Question Game recommendations for the T100?

I'm a very casual gamer. Not really into FPS or super challenging games that require lightning reflexes.

I'm wondering what you guys might recommend that would work well with the T100's touch screen in particular, though keyboard is OK too.

When I'm playing a game, the kind of thing I enjoy is simple role playing type games, like Zelda, or Animal Crossing, even Pokémon in the Nintendo realm. I'm open to other stuff too though as long as it's not a nervewracking first person shooter or something that requires serious gaming skills or a huge time investment.

Simple, fun, touchscreen friendly ideally.

What do you guys like?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    You might like Portal. It requires keyboard and mouse and it runs well on the T100. It is a first person singe player puzzle game where you advance to the next room by figuring out how to escape the current room you are in utilizing a portal gun. Since you like Zelda, the levels in Portal could be compared to the dungeons in Zelda where you figure out how to reach the boss. You can save and continue whenever you please and no lightning reflexes required =)

I haven't come across many touch friendly games. There is a game in the Windows Store I came across recently called "Longbow". Its a casual archery game where you try to hit targets where distance, gravity and wind speed are factors on your aim. Just a good time waster, not really a game one would sit down and play for long hours. Unfortunately, touch and mouse mechanics need work.
    Last edited by m0o04; 12-17-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    Civilization V runs very well on this guy in DX9 mode (and touch mode with some tweaking), and the controls for the touch screen really are decent either way. I love Civ V and being able to play it was one of my main reasons to buy this guy.

Also, I play Europa Universalis IV on it daily. It is a "risk"-like game that runs well on all lowest settings, but really the game isn't about graphics. It is a great game, very deep and great to waste some time on.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Unreal Tournament 99, and 2004 play great. Same for GTA San Andreas and Burnout Paradise. All great games and smooth on the T100.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    I plan on playing some hearthstone, though that will probably be somewhat more time consuming than what you're looking for. If you're not aware its a digital card game similar to magic the gathering I guess.. from blizzard. I would _think_ it would work well with the touch screen, but its not even fully released yet as far as I know so I'm not sure.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    Unreal Tournament 99, and 2004 play great. Same for GTA San Andreas and Burnout Paradise. All great games and smooth on the T100.
    I actually really like the GTA games, not always finishing all the missions necessarily but driving around and running over prostitutes and shooting stuff. I'm guessing this is not going to be touch screen of course, but you can use the keyboard? Arrow keys or whatever?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    5 times
    Path of Exile worked fine for me. Although I only played to the starting town.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm playing Baldur's Gate 2 -EE - it runs really slick on the Tab. However, you really will need a mouse and keyboard.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    I put The Sims 3 on mine and was kind of surprised at how well it ran, even running at native resolution and sim and texture detail maxed (everything else left on default minimum).
    Save and load times are long and painful, but that's no different than a desktop PC.
    Everything is touch-screen friendly except rotating the camera. There are onscreen buttons to accomplish that though (but they're small at 1368x768).

Tried Fallout New Vegas. NOT touch-screen friendly. Keyboard and touchpad required, or alternatively, you could plug in an Xbox 360 controller. It does require a huge time investment to complete all the quests, but it's an open-world sandbox type game so you can do all the quests or none of them.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    Tried Fallout New Vegas. NOT touch-screen friendly. Keyboard and touchpad required, or alternatively, you could plug in an Xbox 360 controller. It does require a huge time investment to complete all the quests, but it's an open-world sandbox type game so you can do all the quests or none of them.
    I'd watch out for certain games like Fallout 3/New Vegas, etc... System may be able to handle it fine in the beginning but such games really pile on memory resources later in the game... Especially, if you happen to go crazy on vaporizing enemies because the game keeps track of every ash pile you create... can make the system very unstable in the advance stages of the game...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links