Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Gaming on the Transformer Book T100

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Can games be installed on micro sd? The goal is a portable device for me without an addional item to carry.

Seems the way they have the 64gb version allocated, it has not much more space than the 32gb version. Odd. I have plenty of portable games on a thumbdrive, but a wanted to put some of my Steam games on the tablet.

Catch 22? Nice portable device, but no storage space? Not a fan of app juggling.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    Can games be installed on micro sd? The goal is a portable device for me without an addional item to carry.

Seems the way they have the 64gb version allocated, it has not much more space than the 32gb version. Odd. I have plenty of portable games on a thumbdrive, but a wanted to put some of my Steam games on the tablet.
    I had the option of creating a Steam Library on the SD card, just chose to use the SSD on USB as I only had a 8GB SD card to hand.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Looks like the 64gb version has 33gb free for user. I will wait until one of those are available.

Can you make multiple cards, or are you stuck using one? Ideally I would have one card for Steam and another with my emulators and roms.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    Looks like the 64gb version has 33gb free for user. I will wait until one of those are available.

Can you make multiple cards, or are you stuck using one? Ideally I would have one card for Steam and another with my emulators and roms.
    Should work okay, but Steam might complain if you remove its library. You'd have to test yourself really. Once I've done all my testing I'll be resetting my machine back to stock and setting it up for general usage - still fiddling with it at the moment.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    27 times
    A stack more gaming tests for this evening.

noisuf likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    11 times
    Thanks for the benchmarks, .....total war 2. No surprises there. Even my i7 4970 and 780M struggles with it at times.

CS: Global runs ok. Looks playable but smoke would lag it out right? what settings all low and 1280 x 720p?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrickson View Post
    CS: Global runs ok. Looks playable but smoke would lag it out right? what settings all low and 1280 x 720p?
    The key thing with most the games is that the frame rates are pretty stable - even 20-30fps is playable in most games if its consistent, its sudden changes in framerates that are jarring and particularly noticeable. Low frame rates DO introduce some input latency though, so if you're a serious CS player it might be a bit annoying.

Settings were 1368x768, low detail, IIRC.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    11 times
    Thanks, thats really good to know. I only expected to be able to run MAME and other low powered emulators etc. No idea it would have power to run source engine games so well. A pleasant surprise. My unit 64GB is on the DHL truck now and I have a 64GB ulta sandisk sdcard waiting for it with 100mb reads and about 70mb/s writes. So should be ok for a few steam games. Does the mircosd slot in flush like the transformer TF701 ?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrickson View Post
    Does the mircosd slot in flush like the transformer TF701 ?
    It sticks out less than about 1mm, just so you can push it in to eject it, so basically yes.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorburn View Post
    It sticks out less than about 1mm, just so you can push it in to eject it, so basically yes.
    Great thanks, I sold my TF701 for this. As I felt the TF701 was not much of a step up over the TF700 and windows will be good on a tablet like this vs android. So I have high hopes for the unit. I already have a MSI GT60 2OD so getting a surface 2 pro etc is not want i want. This is just a second portable unit. My GT60 is too heavy to travel with. And it can double as a work travel machine for me. Looks really good, can't wait to get my hands on mine.

I will record a few gaming vids too of games I have to try out on the system. Like GTA:SA, tomb raider etc

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links