1 times
    Can you try NBA2K14 or NBA2K13

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Awesome thread. I don't have recording capabilities but here's my experience in gaming with the T100 so far:

Half-life 2 - runs great
    Counter-Strike:GO - playable with settings low. Smoke didn't seem bad either
    Portal 1 - runs great
    Telltale's Walking Dead - Performance wise it is playable, but I had problems with video. The walls inside of a house were invisible/see-through so I couldn't navigate inside which made it unplayable
    State of Decay - Sluggish with all settings low
    League of Legends - Runs great

I've had thoughts of trying Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn but I am skeptical since I'm sure it is a more demanding game than State of Decay

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    0 times
    Diablo III anyone???

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Speaking of micro sd, I changed from a 64gb class 10 Sandisk to a Sandisk Extreme ($65 from Amazon) and the difference is huge. Still nowhere as fast as internal flash, but at least twice as fast as the standard speed card. Worthy purchase and makes a difference with some game's performance. BTW, seems best to just leave formatted in xFat. That is what it is out of box.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm trying to play Civ 5 on this. At first I installed this to my Sandisk 64GB UHS-1 card. I used this same card on the Surface Pro and it was able to load the game pretty quickly. However it took about 10 minutes to load and get to playing the game. So I uninstalled it from the SD and installed it to the eMMC. Once again it's taking ages, about 10 minutes.

I benchmarked the eMMC and SD storage and the performance seems fine, a bit over 100Mbps read on the eMMC and 45Mbps on the SD read.

Is it normal for Civ 5 to take so long to load?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    Speaking of micro sd, I changed from a 64gb class 10 Sandisk to a Sandisk Extreme ($65 from Amazon) and the difference is huge. Still nowhere as fast as internal flash, but at least twice as fast as the standard speed card. Worthy purchase and makes a difference with some game's performance. BTW, seems best to just leave formatted in xFat. That is what it is out of box.
    Interesting.

There were a thread recently where the speed of the T100's SD port was tested, it was though to be limited to USB 2.0 speeds. The read speed of the Sandisk Ultra is a little under 20MBPS, the Sandisk Extreme goes to about 45MBPS, but should be limited by USB 2.0 port to about 30MBPS.

At most, the extreme should have 30% to 35% faster read speeds. Write speeds should be faster still, but that shouldn't matter much once a game is installed.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravynmagi View Post
    I'm trying to play Civ 5 on this. At first I installed this to my Sandisk 64GB UHS-1 card. I used this same card on the Surface Pro and it was able to load the game pretty quickly. However it took about 10 minutes to load and get to playing the game. So I uninstalled it from the SD and installed it to the eMMC. Once again it's taking ages, about 10 minutes.

I benchmarked the eMMC and SD storage and the performance seems fine, a bit over 100Mbps read on the eMMC and 45Mbps on the SD read.

I also run Civ 5 from my MicroSD card and it does take a while to load, but not 10 minutes ! I never took the stopwatch to it, but I would say about 4 minutes to playing a loaded save game. I run it in DX9 mode, since I am having errors in the other modes. Touch is no issue, works great in DX9 as well, just different gestures for different things.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravynmagi View Post
    Literally just tried this myself after buying the game during Steam's Thanksgiving weekend sale. It doesn't take 10 minutes to load for me - more like a couple. It takes about that long to load on my laptop too (and my laptop is far more powerful, so I'm not sure what the game's doing). 10 minutes seems abnormal.

It does run pretty slow but it's playable on the default settings... I wonder if anyone has any tips for getting it to run smoother without sacrificing too much detail. I especially don't want to drop resolution in a game like this. This is one of those games that requires you to back out to the main menu to change settings and it takes a while to load even from there, so it's a PITA to just experiment with stuff.
    Last edited by spacecadet; 12-05-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Banise View Post
    Interesting.

There were a thread recently where the speed of the T100's SD port was tested, it was though to be limited to USB 2.0 speeds. The read speed of the Sandisk Ultra is a little under 20MBPS, the Sandisk Extreme goes to about 45MBPS, but should be limited by USB 2.0 port to about 30MBPS.

At most, the extreme should have 30% to 35% faster read speeds. Write speeds should be faster still, but that shouldn't matter much once a game is installed.
    For some reason I thought I had tested my SD card on the T100 and was getting 45MB/s. But I've been playing around with a few tablets lately, so I might be thinking of something else. I just tested it again and am getting 23MB/s. So yeah, the SD slot is definitely limited to about USB 2.0 speeds. This card easily gets over 40MB/s normally.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Banise View Post
    Interesting.

Everything is relative. Micro sd updates and installs went from snail slow to twice as fast (still slow). Games that chugged during intros or took a while to load levels are "faster". Again, it is relative to where it was before.

Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links