Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Streaming audio (what you hear) to other devices from the T100

If you are listening to something on the T100 and you want to hear it on something else, there are problems with bluetooth if the source of the audio is an incoming stream (eg from Spotify etc). The T100 doesn't like sending bluetooth audio at the same time as playing an incoming stream.

However, apart from using an external wifi adapter connected to the T100 which seems to fix the bluetooth problem, there's another method which works well, depending on what your playback target is.

Stream What You Hear Link removed by staff, forum guidelines violation. is a free program (but the developer welcomes donations) which streams whatever you are playing on a Windows 7 or 8 PC to any DLNA device, or to any device with a browser. The former might be a DLNA compatible smart TV. The latter could even be an Android tablet (or an iOS device, haven't tried that myself).

Once installed, the program sits in the taskbar tray. You don't have to configure anything. Popping up its menu with a right click, you can select the target device to which playback should be sent. Or on the target device, you can simply open a browser and open the link the program gives you, or if it's a DLNA device, you will see the T100's soundcard output as a UPnP server like any other.

The only problem is that there's a delay of a couple of seconds, so if the T100 is within earshot of the target device, you hear the target device playing back a bit behind the T100. Turning down the T100 volume also turns down the streaming output, so to mute the T100 without muting the stream, you have to insert an earphone connector (or just an unconnected connector) into the T100 headphone socket.

Here the stream from the T100 is rock solid even when re-streaming an incoming stream.

Hope that helps someone somewhere. I have no connection at all with the developer of the program.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    If you are listening to something on the T100 and you want to hear it on something else, there are problems with bluetooth if the source of the audio is an incoming stream (eg from Spotify etc). The T100 doesn't like sending bluetooth audio at the same time as playing an incoming stream.
    I have no problem streaming audio from any incoming source to a bluetooth speaker.

As for the slight delay I do have that more or less depending on the source.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links