Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to get Office installed on sdcard

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    And since this is related, if I download an installer for office home/student, on a fresh install of windows on my t100, will it allow me to install to my sD? Basically, is the fact that I'm not given an option of where to install a function of office home/student, or a function of the pre-loaded version on the t100?

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    162 times
    Quote Originally Posted by evansamms View Post
    And since this is related, if I download an installer for office home/student, on a fresh install of windows on my t100, will it allow me to install to my sD? Basically, is the fact that I'm not given an option of where to install a function of office home/student, or a function of the pre-loaded version on the t100?
    From my understanding for Office Home/Student, you can select where it installs. The only thing I've read where you're not given a choice is Office 365. Petererj seems to indicate otherwise, but seeing as though what's been posted thus far by the OP I'm not sure if the information is reliable and maybe he's just confused on which version of Office he really has. I have Office Professional and that's the only version I can vouche for that it can be installed anywhere you choose. It's best to contact Microsoft directly about Microsoft Home/Student to get the correct answer.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmmm.. thanks. I'm almost sure I wasn't given the option on install.... but not certain enough to consider my info reliable either! anyone else wanna weigh in?

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    162 times
    Quote Originally Posted by evansamms View Post
    Hmmm.. thanks. I'm almost sure I wasn't given the option on install.... but not certain enough to consider my info reliable either! anyone else wanna weigh in?
    It seems you're right that Office Home/Student doesn't give that option.

Here's a way around it.
    Change Default Installation Directory In Windows 7 & Vista

I also found this response from someone from M$....I'm not sure if this makes things any clearer.

Hi Resa,
    Thank you for choosing Office 365/2013 and thanks for providing us an opportunity to assist you. By the description, it looks like you do not have enough space in C drive so want to know if we can install Office 365 suite on a different drive.

Have you purchased Office 365 Home Premium subscription or Office 2013 perpetual license?

Unlike previous version of Office, the new Office 365 Home Premium uses the Click-to-Run technology to install. Click-to-Run is a streaming and virtualization technology and Streaming allows users to use a Click-to-Run product before the complete product is downloaded.

By default Office 365 Home Premium installs on the respective drive where the Operating System is installed and cannot be customized.

However for Office 2013 suite (perpetual License), you also get the setup file (Complete Setup file) using which you can install on the D drive.
    Though you install the Office 2013 on D Drive, all the registry entries or some of the installation files will be installed on the C Drive where the Operating system is installed.

If you have any query and issues with Office suites and office related products, reply and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank You
    Last edited by Rednroll; 03-02-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    This post is for Office Pro Plus 2013 custom install to an SD card. I contacted Microsoft and they said that the d/l and disk media will give you the click to run installer and that installer will not allow you to customize the install to your SD card. It will only install to the C drive. I found that if you go to here:
    Try Office Pro Plus 2013 | TechNet Evaluation Center

and register for this trial download, it will then let you customize the installation. I guess it is the msi installer but Microsoft insisted it did not exist. A couple of things I had to troubleshoot. The iso image that is downloaded won't mount until you copy it to somewhere else. I copied to my desktop. Then it opened and I clicked setup, where it let me change components and drive. I forgot that I had some Office trial on the T100TA (refurb is really not supposed to have any Office) so any Office install must be uninstalled before installing the d/l or you will get the 24005 error. When you click on any Office component, it will ask to activate. I used a key obtained from the HUP and it took it.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Is there a way to do this when office is already installed in the C drive without uninstalling it?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    4 times

reinstall microsoft office 2013 student

I uninstalled my microsoft office intending to install it to my microsd. Now how can I reinstall it? silly me...
    EDIT: I redownload it from ms but when I install it, it didn't ask me where I should install it...how can I tell it to install in my sd card?
    Last edited by WalangAlam; 10-04-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    Thread merged.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Here is an easy fix:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links