Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] Fix Winflash "cannot allocate buffer" error

  1. #11
    Soundwave
    Member #
    67241
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    tried it on my new t100
    but does not work
    am desperate to update from my 213 fw
    /
    any other tips

  2. #12
    rscheller
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hashman View Post
    tried it on my new t100
    but does not work
    am desperate to update from my 213 fw
    /
    any other tips
    Help us help you...
    What did you try? Did you use Winflash? Did you plug in the T100 to power before starting? What result did you have? Did you get any error messages?

  3. #13
    Soundwave
    Member #
    67241
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    hi

    apologies
    yes - its charged 100% and plugged in
    used only winflash
    ran asus live update to ensure I have latest drivers and all

    downloaded and extracted bios 226
    winflash recognizes it correctly
    currently im on 223
    my model under winflash says T100TA
    the rom type says Winbond 25X/Q series

    the new bios is showing fine in winflash as model T100TA

    but when I press flash - it gives the generic "Cannot allocate buffer to store BIOS file..."


    I created the Firmware folder in my hidden partition - the System partition of 100mb (mine is part 1 of disk 0)
    the partition has around 75mb free
    \EFI\ASUS\Firmware exists

    restarted after even, and checked the folder is still there


    not sure what is wrong or how to figure it out

  4. #14
    Ratchet
    Member #
    63516
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    105
    Liked
    4 times
    226 is one of the recommended asus live update, just select and install from there.

  5. #15
    rscheller
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hashman View Post
    hi

    apologies
    yes - its charged 100% and plugged in
    used only winflash
    ran asus live update to ensure I have latest drivers and all

    downloaded and extracted bios 226
    winflash recognizes it correctly
    currently im on 223
    my model under winflash says T100TA
    the rom type says Winbond 25X/Q series

    the new bios is showing fine in winflash as model T100TA

    but when I press flash - it gives the generic "Cannot allocate buffer to store BIOS file..."


    I created the Firmware folder in my hidden partition - the System partition of 100mb (mine is part 1 of disk 0)
    the partition has around 75mb free
    \EFI\ASUS\Firmware exists

    restarted after even, and checked the folder is still there


    not sure what is wrong or how to figure it out
    I've never had to use any "out of the ordinary measures" to update my bios. I've always used Winflash with my unit plugged in and it's worked. I've only seen Asus Live Update suggest a bios update once and that was several days after I'd Winflashed to 226 and it suggested 224... needless to say, I ignored that and on a later Live Update the bios was not there.

    Sorry, more questions... why did you initially post in this thread?
    Did you initially attempt to update your bios before doing the procedure at the top of this thread?
    Did that process fail?
    Or did you do this procedure before even trying the regular bios update?
    If so, what were the results that lead you to perform this procedure?
    The reason I ask is... perhaps you did something wrong per this procedure and that is inhibiting a proper bios update now.

    Beyond that, I have no more ideas.

  6. #16
    Soundwave
    Member #
    67241
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    hi

    I fell on this thread as after running asus update - I did get the notice that 226 is available but the winflash failed with the buffer error
    I then searched for a solution and have yet to find one

    not sure how to troubleshoot and don't want to restore the device

  7. #17
    Soundwave
    Member #
    65055
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hashman View Post
    hi

    I fell on this thread as after running asus update - I did get the notice that 226 is available but the winflash failed with the buffer error
    I then searched for a solution and have yet to find one

    not sure how to troubleshoot and don't want to restore the device
    Question
    Did you re-install the OS? If not, the bios flash should work out of the box without doing the manual steps I have posted.
    Are you sure is part 1? Cos mine is Disk 0, part 2. You might want to double check.

  8. #18
    rscheller
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seewhy View Post
    Question
    Did you re-install the OS? If not, the bios flash should work out of the box without doing the manual steps I have posted.
    Are you sure is part 1? Cos mine is Disk 0, part 2. You might want to double check.
    I missed that one detail (mine is part 1 of disk 0) in hashman's post... not sure if that could be the issue but ??

  9. #19
    Soundwave
    Member #
    65853
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    I wanna thank you for solving this issue and another issue since my tablet was not able to shutdown before and now it is shutting down normally.
    i contacted Asus support and look at this awful reply!

    Dear Valued Customer,

    Thank you for contacting ASUS.

    We suggest untill its really necessary no need to update the BIOS, also if you really want to update the BIOS download the bios from ASUS website extract it and copy to usb flash and connect to system. Go to BIOS (Press F2) - advance - stary easy flash - loc ate the bios file and enter. If you have any thing please contact us .

    Regards,

    Customer Care

  10. #20
    rscheller
    Guest
    WOW... did they know you have a T100? That's a horrible set of instructions.

 

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Bluetooth connection causes my WiFi to constantly buffer
    By tricia84 in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2015, 02:15 PM
  2. Asus T100TA Brick after Winflash memory error
    By zozzhun in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2014, 12:49 PM
  3. [ SOLVED] Cannot allocate buffer to store the BIOS files
    By Sovinox in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 05:20 PM
  4. [SOLVED] OMG, upgraded to BIOS 220 at last...ERROR: Cannot allocate Buffer
    By vboyz103 in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2013, 11:53 AM

Search tags for this page

asus imposssibile allocare il buffer per salvare il file del bios
,
asus t100 cannot allocate buffer to store the bios file
,
asus winflash cannot allocate buffer
,
cannot allocate buffer asus flash
,

cannot allocate buffer to store the bios file

,
flash type winbond 25x/q series
,
flashing bios winflash cannot open firmware device file
,
t100 update bios buffer
,
winflash asus buffer
,
winflash cannot allocate buffer
,
winflash cannot allocate buffer m80ta
,
winflash kann keinen buffer zuweisen
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19 AM.