Like Tree100Likes

Thread: T100 USEFUL TIPS and TRICKS

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    This may be common knowledge, but when the Transformer is connected to HDMI, project (Win+P) to second display only and the main display can stay off. I'm also seeing a huge difference with battery life.

I use this as my main desktop, so with a wireless mouse and keyboard you can keep it almost completely out of sight and out of the way. Aside from gaming and the occasional memory gripe this bad boy can do just about everything I need it to!

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Ever have to wait a few seconds with a tinted loading page when swiping backwards in ie11?

1. Open desktop internet explorer
    2. Internet options
    3. Advanced
    4. Scroll down to 'browsing'
    5. If 'Load sites and content in the background to optimize performance' is checked, clear it.
    dmsully and mahler9 like this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times

Quick Cliq - Windows Toolbar replacement

Before getting an Asus Transformer Book T100 I had a Windows XP netbook and used the Start Menu and Toolbars as my launchers.
    To create a Toolbar right click the TaskBar > Toolbars > New Toolbar > Select a folder
    But, with Windows 8.1 the font (text) size of the Toolbars can't be changed and is so small my fat finger would often select the wrong item.
    Have a look at the Windows Toolbar image below (First image)

But, there is Quick Cliq which is like Windows Toolbar and a whole lot more. You can change the font and it's size, make it bold or Italic etc
    Have a look at the Quick Cliq image below (Second image)

Quick Cliq is a portable menu based application launcher and productivity tool with features that you won’t find anywhere else!

Quick Cliq speeds up your daily computer activities by giving you links to folders, files, programs, URLs and command line operations. It also offers window management, extreme clipboard manipulation, and note taking capabilities. All of this is provided in a compact menu that you can show anywhere and within any application or window through customizable hot keys and mouse gestures.
    Read more and download @ Quick Cliq - portable application launcher and clipboard manager

Quick Cliq is totally free (donations accepted), portable, actively developed, small in size at 1.74 MB and very light on resources, Task Manager says it is using Memory 2.1MB & CPU 0.5% (when launched)
    It can be set to start with Windows, Task Manager Startup says the Startup Impact is Medium but I didn't see any slow down when I had it set to start with Windows. I have since changed it to not start with Windows but then I have almost nothing starting with Windows because I only Turn Off or Restart my T100 about once a week and it's no problem to manually start those few software I have running in the background.

So, if you miss Toolbars give Quick Cliq a test run, it is portable so if it doesn't suit you just delete the folder and there will be no leftovers and no harm done
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FrillyBits; 04-18-2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Images
    garryknight, Swipe and padlad like this.
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)
    Asus MemoPad HD 7 - Android - 16GB

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    11 times
    Another tip that I found helps speed up the system is in Task scheduler

disabled Defrag Task in TS
    disabled Memory Diagnostic Tasks in TS
    T200TA with 64GB and the z3795 Atom with 4GB of ram.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Moved a queston/discussion post regarding the Task Scheduler to the Tips and Tricks discussion thread.

Reminder:

This thread is only for posting/sharing actual Tips and Tricks on the T100 - there is a separate thread for discussing those things here:

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...iscussion.html
    leeshor likes this.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Arnold Vink's Personal Website

WORKING LIVE TILE: TIME, WEATHER, ALARM, BATTERY PERCENTAGE
    Timeme allows you to have a !working! live tile that gives you the options to see time, weather, alarms, and/or battery percentage. Keep in mind that one would need to get VR tools to get the live tile battery indicator working.

DESKTOP TEXT FIELD TOUCH KEYBOARD
    The other app that you fellows might find useful is a keyboard opener for the desktop while using touch; I have not tried it yet, however.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    If you have noticed a change in the screen colors (actually, in white balance) when you open system apps like mail, or calendar, the solution is easy.

Just open Asus reading app, and disable the "reading mode"

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    These aren't really T100-specific (and as such may be common knowledge), but both of them made me much more comfortable with Win8 when in laptop mode.
    Win+C: Opens charms
    Win+I: Opens settings
    Win+X: Opens Power User Menu
    Last edited by Ligence; 06-24-2014 at 06:26 AM.
    imstazic likes this.
    Asus T100TA-DK007H 64GB SSD + 64GB microSD, HDD dock without HDD, iPearl mCover (black)
    Ex: Asus T91MT

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    26 times
    Since the windows experience index option was removed in 8.1 you can still get your score for those interested.

Open admin command prompt and enter "winsat prepop"
    Next open admin powershell and enter "Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_WinSAT", Voilà!

WEI.JPG
    MutzNutz, rscheller and DKL like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    Enable three fnger navigation in FireFox

Three-finger navigation ( back-forward ) does not work in FF. However this can be enabled.
    Basically the Smart Gesture software is not universal but dependent on the window in focus. The behavior is determined by a xml file located at c:\program files\asus\ASUS Smart Gesture\TPProfile_Win8.xml.
    Here you'll find a list of supported programs and their assigned touchpad behavior. All major browsers are listed but *not* firefox.
    So run any xml editor ( or even notepad ) as an administrator, and open the file. Scroll down untill this line:

Code:
      <ap name="iexplore.exe" class_name="IEFrame" target_name="Internet Explorer_Server" title_name="" target_type="3" support="33413" pan_filter_x="4" pan_filter_y="4" zoom_filter="1" pan_type="3" es_filter="4" es_type="3" zoom_type="6" rotate_type="0" swipe_type="3"/>
    Copy and paste beneath. Than change the copied line to:

Code:
    <ap name="firefox.exe" class_name="MozillaWindowClass" target_name="MozillaWindowClass" title_name="" target_type="3" support="33413" pan_filter_x="4" pan_filter_y="4" zoom_filter="1" pan_type="3" es_filter="4" es_type="3" zoom_type="6" rotate_type="0" swipe_type="3"/>
    Save the file and restart the T100. Now you will have three-finger back/forward navigation in FireFox.

Better scrolling in Explorer tree view pane

Scroll in the tree-view pane is jerky and unresponsive, while the list-view behaves normal.
    There are two lines under 'common controls'. One for listview and one for tree view. I commented out the treeview, copied listview and replaced the targetname with treeview. Scrolling is much better allthough still not smooth.
    Addes bonus: three-finger navigation works in both panes.

Code:
     <!-- Common controls for general uses -->
      <!-- wmplayer.exe, explorer.exe, taskmgr.exe -->
      <ap name="" class_name="" target_name="SysListView32" title_name="" target_type="1" support="33412" pan_filter_x="2" pan_filter_y="10" zoom_filter="1" pan_type="1" es_filter="10" es_type="1" zoom_type="0" rotate_type="0" swipe_type="3"/>
      <!-- explorer.exe -->
      <!-- original line commented out here
      <ap name="" class_name="" target_name="SysTreeView32" title_name="" target_type="1" support="32772" pan_filter_x="3" pan_filter_y="3" zoom_filter="1" pan_type="14" es_filter="3" es_type="14" zoom_type="0" rotate_type="0" swipe_type="0"/>
      -->
      <ap name="" class_name="" target_name="SysTreeView32" title_name="" target_type="1" support="33412" pan_filter_x="2" pan_filter_y="10" zoom_filter="1" pan_type="1" es_filter="10" es_type="1" zoom_type="0" rotate_type="0" swipe_type="3"/>
      <!-- above line is copy of syslistview32 renamed to systreeview32 -->
    Repair jerky/unresponsive scrolling in notepad++

In the common controls is an entry for notepad. Copy that and change the target to Scintilla ( the actual engine notepad++ uses )

Code:
    <!-- notepad.exe -->
      <ap name="" class_name="" target_name="Edit" title_name="" target_type="1" support="32772" pan_filter_x="5" pan_filter_y="5" zoom_filter="1" pan_type="1" es_filter="5" es_type="1" zoom_type="3" rotate_type="4" swipe_type="1"/>
      <ap name="" class_name="" target_name="Scintilla" title_name="" target_type="1" support="32772" pan_filter_x="5" pan_filter_y="5" zoom_filter="1" pan_type="1" es_filter="5" es_type="1" zoom_type="3" rotate_type="4" swipe_type="3"/>

It seems swipe_type=3 instructs to send ALT-left/right arrow to the window, swipe_type=2 normal left/right arrow, type=1 CTR-PGUP/PGDOWN.
    The class is the windows class, that is the window as it is known to windows. Might be interesting to get a list of all different swipe-settings.

NB Swiping is detected by the software and than translated into a keystroke and sent to the program. You could use autohotkey to intercept this keystroke and change as desired.
    This way you could customize the threefinger navigation swipe in fi notepad++ to anything you want. Intercept alt-left/right and send a notepad++ shortcut out.
    Last edited by noorderling; 07-06-2014 at 04:13 AM. Reason: adding options
    TheArt, Ligence and dvdvhs like this.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    If only things worked right out-of-the-box ..
    Long time EeePC 901 owner, now replaced with T100 32G
    fyi 'Noorderling' translates as 'Northerner'

Check touchpad enhancement to make your touchpad function better!
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links