Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: T100 USEFUL TIPS and TRICKS

rscheller
    If most here are like me using Internet Explorer touch (metro) is a totally new experience. I found this Microsoft guide that covers pretty much anything that could be needed for IE touch.

Internet Explorer - Microsoft Windows Help
    zero likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    6 times
    Hi all i want to share some info regarding the screen of the T100. As mentioned in a review made by Anandtech, the color calibration of the screen is not that great at all, adding a hue in some way, like green or blue. Mine is green out of the box. I saw several profiles made here, a calibration for the windows. I tested calibrating my display with a Spider4 Expert calibrator, but where is the problem here. The screen is not bright at first place, calibrating a screen reduces the brightness ( cd/m2 ) by 20-30. This means that if the transformer is like 220 cd/m2 (fairly low) you are going to dim the display but get more accurate colors. Mine is max 200 cd/m2.

So what i do is i don't use windows to calibrate the colors or shift the hue, but the Intel Video Driver and it's color profile. Changing brightness of every channel R G B i can calibrate the color shift and keep the max brightness. The colors will be good enough even not calibrated, when the white is actually white.

Just try with this: BRIGHTNESS TO -> RED = 0 GREEN = -6 BLUE = +4 (that's all, don't touch contrast or gamma)
    This will clear the white color of any green tint and you will have more pleasant experience.
    MedicoLegista and mahler9 like this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    8 times
    If you have a tablet case that only has one tilt angle, and you don't like auto rotate, then use ctrl-alt-up/down arrow to flip the screen 180 degrees for tall and short tilt settings. Works with the win 8 soft keyboard.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    16 times
    Changing default lock screen on Windows 8.1

Default lock screen = the 1st screen you see after powering on your PC AND before logging in.

Anyway, watch this YouTube vid and all is good... worked for me.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    found a program to keep the screen from being so daggon bright in din rooms: Dimmer - Screen brightness reduction utility for LCD/TFT/LED monitors

it does what a lot if android dimmimg apps do and puts a transparent overlay that lowers the apparent brightness. it won't save battery since the back-light doesn't dim any but it'll keep your eyes from being blinded at night.
    dizzywizzy likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    1 times
    this is what I consult when calibrating my monitor, although it's really tricky trying to make everything perfect without skewing up the other aspect:

LCD monitor test images
    Last edited by mothproof; 02-14-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Maximise the "tablet only" use of the t100, with TouchMe Gesture Studio (windows store link)

You can create some very useful 2-3-4-5 finger gestures.

The app costs 4$ ithink, but there is a time limeted, full working demo.

It makes the "tablet only" mode, a million times more usefull, at least for me.
    Highly recomented.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    awesome.. i am going to buy this now!

Quote Originally Posted by emmker View Post
    Maximise the "tablet only" use of the t100, with TouchMe Gesture Studio (windows store link)

You can create some very useful 2-3-4-5 finger gestures.

The app costs 4$ ithink, but there is a time limeted, full working demo.

It makes the "tablet only" mode, a million times more usefull, at least for me.
    Highly recomented.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    This one is thanks to Igor_pisarev.

This one is a fix/adjustment if you ever have issues with touch scrolling

Some registry entries somehow are changed after removing the TouchPad driver, so the solution is to revert them back.

The registry branch we need is "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Tou ch" (you can find and modify it with regedit.exe). The entry we need is "Friction". When it's 0 the scroll becomes really jumpy. Try to replace it with greater value.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    A hardware tip/tweak. I, along with several other users, have lost the little rubber stoppers on their keyboards. They are the ones next to the ctrl and >end buttons. They are very skinny, which doesn't provide much to attach with and also the channel they are in is shallow, maybe 1mm deep. They are glued in with what looks like rubber cement or maybe/probably a dot of silicon.

Its up to you, but my suggestion is pre-emptively pull them off (a super skinny jewlers flathead or something similar will work, or tweezers if you are careful), then put a dot of super glue on and gently put back in places with the flathead/tweezers. Just use a very, very small dot of super glue as it'll spread out. Even still, I did a little too much and it over spilled a little, so it isn't super clean looking, but it isn't terribly noticeable.

MUCH more secure. I was lucky that mine peeled off and stuck to the back of my tablet so I didn't lose one of them.
    tenbarrel and DKL like this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links