Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
    i wonder why they disabled it. i swear quick startuo from hibernate us a feature nited on the box.

Essentially they didn't because it's already part of Connected Standby and Fast startup...

For Fast Startup, Windows 8 basically uses a partial hibernation to allow a hybrid boot for faster boot up from shutdown than the normal shutdown would allow... thus the normal shutdown is avoided to help promote the faster speeds for Windows 8...

For Connected Standby, a combination of hibernation and standby is used to allow a minimum power state like we're used to for mobile devices that power sips enough to still allow long battery life but allows Connected Standby apps to stay up to date during that time... Problem is it doesn't always work, issues ranging from incompatible drivers and/or firmware to malfunctioning sensors can keep the system from fully entering the Connected Standby state and cause a power drain issue but when it does work as intended then you wouldn't need hibernate unless you leave your system alone for more than few days but optimally Connected Standby is suppose to let you system last up to weeks between use...

While traditional hibernate doesn't allow Connected Standby and doesn't allow some of the resetting that a reboot or even partial startup allows... Mind, hibernate could cause its own problems, like preserving a crash and not allowing the system to try to recover...

Thus restoring the older options is considered a last resort but if your system isn't working properly then you may have little other choice...

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    This thread is for Tips and Tricks posts only (per the original instructions).

Discussion posts have been moved to the discussion thread here (and will continue to be moved as needed):

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...iscussion.html
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Here's some tip information about using HDMI output with the T100 tablet.

HDTVs have connections that support various "versions" (based on age of the device and manufacturer support). In my case, I use a micro HDMI adapter coupled to a mini to standard HDMI cable. You can buy a Micro-to-Full HDMI cable, but they cost a lot more and are harder to find.

Most important, my cable and connector are HDMI v1.4a compatible, allowing this to work on the most recent version of HDMI for video output. The T100 supports this HDMI version cable (1.4a) perfectly. I've used it with more than 20 different HDTVs in hotel rooms in different states.

Some HDTV's will not operate from an external source without a comparable HDMI version cable - meaning - an HDMI 1.2 cable typically will not work with an HDMI 1.4-enabled HDTV. Backward compatibility, however, is supported ( a newer cable with an older HDMI version HDTV) - so the bottom line is get the most current HDMI version cable possible.

Here's a link to a good brief explanation of the various version HDMI cables...

Amazon.com: understand HDMI Cable versions
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Open-powercfg

Great tool to configure all hidden power settings:

Download Open-powercfg
    (version without "-debug")

This tool has all the ability of powercfg cmd tool.

Quite user-friendly.
    Last edited by kazio78; 01-26-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times
    If like me, you miss windows flicks from Win7, try Strokes Plus: StrokesPlus - Free Mouse Gestures for Windows XP/Vista/7/8
    Makes the touch interface far more useful for webbrowsing with desktop browsers (i.e. firefox)
    SamInPgh likes this.
    A new T200TA | A broken T100TA | EeePC T101MT | EeePC 1000H |EeeTop 1602 -The first 'tablet' I owned, still going strong!
    And too many other computers, Asus & otherwise

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    8 times

A good way to manage drive space

Spacesniffer is a nice utility to see what's using up all the space in the small drives in these new breed of tablets.

http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/s...fer/index.html

i have also used another one called Spacemonger. It's a bit nicer but is a commercial app.

EDIT: Put in a better link. Also found that Spacemonger is deprecated.
    Last edited by CojonesDeToro; 02-02-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    For a useful app suggestion...

TouchMousePointer, can be useful if you need to use the desktop while using the T100 as a tablet... App generates a virtual touch pad on the screen. So, like the virtual on screen keyboard, it'll let you have more control by using part of the touch screen as a touch pad... full screen being an option as well...
    I hope this doesn't count as "discussion", but I found yet another reason why this is a very useful app. When you connect another display to the tablet in extended desktop mode, and do not have the keyboard attached, there is no easy way to control windows and other entities on that second display unless you have an app like this. MS really should have made a utility like this a part of the touch-enabled Windows OS.

Be sure to donate. I sure did. This app is great.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    13 times
    A great and free tool to show info about the battery, like %, time left (estimated) to charge or discharge, discharging and charging rate (mW)... and battery wear.

I replaced windows icon for this one, no adds or annoying reminders, never needed the pro version with alarms.

Download BatteryBar for Free

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    13 times

Compress winsxs folder

I built a cmd file with the commands to compress windows's winsxs folder. It is a big one but tou will get 1-2GB extra storage with no effort.

Just unzip and start as administrator. Wait and see the lines passing in the command window; it could take 15 minutes to finish.

Credits to this page: Dan Dar3: How to NTFS compress Windows WinSxS folder

Attachment 6978
    wise_guybg likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    13 times

Show desktop touch shortcut

Another trick I did not found here...

When using the just keyboard or touchpad you can minimize all the programs of the desktop mode by pressing windows+m or clicking on the right-button corner, but it doesn't work when working with just the tablet and touchscreen.Maybe because the right-button at the corner is too much tiny to be usefull.

So here is the procedure to create a shortcut to make this. I preffer second option, it looks great on the bar.

Show Desktop Shortcut - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links