Like Tree100Likes

Thread: T100 USEFUL TIPS and TRICKS

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    7 times
    I don't know why MS has never allowed using list view on the desktop, but there is a way to get it.

List vview on desktop - Maximize space for desktop icons:
    1. Install IconRestorer and enable "List View Desktop" option.
    2. For even more room, you can also right-click on the desktop and select View > Small Icons

I don't know why the taskbar does not have a "Icon only" option, but there is a workaround.

Maximize taskbar space - Hide taskbar button labels w/o being forced to combine:
    1. Set "Taskbar Buttons" option to "Combine when taskbar is full" under the "Taskbar" tab of the Taskbar and Navigation properties (right-click on taskbar then select properties)
    2. Run Regedit, and create a new sting "MinWidth" in
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Desktop\WindowMetri cs < (Editor keeps adding space in word!)
    with value of "38" if using small taskbar icons or "54" if using the default large taskbar icons. You will need to reboot for the change to take effect.

For step 2, above, you can also just download REG files.zip unZip and right-click and select "Merge" either one of the REG files to add the correct values to your registry. Use SMALL.REG if you use small icons in the taskbar, and use LARGE.REG if you use large/default icons in the taskbar. Again, reboot for the setting to take effect.

After these tweaks, your desktop will look as follows:
    Screenshot (2).jpg
    Last edited by bgeery; 12-27-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Added REG files so no need to manually edit the registry.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    46 times
    don't know how relevant it is to T100, but to me it is important.

I spent a lot of time trying to find a way to fully control my Android devices from Windows PC.
    Well, the search is over. MirrorOP from AWIND and BBQScreen from BBQScreen Share your Android screen on your PC work.
    Both require root on Android device, both transmit video, but not audio. Both require paid license.

Now I can control my Android phone and my Sony Tablet S from T100.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    12 times

T100 USEFUL TIPS and TRICKS

I haven't seen this mentioned but maybe I missed it. If you are using the external SD slot as a permanent extended storage drive you really want to make sure that the write cache is enabled on the controller. By default it is not turned on and the card is treated as removable media.

It's simple:

First make sure you have the SD Card plugged in and make sure it is recognized.

1) Go to Control Panel -> Device Manager (or just Win Key and Pause and select Device Manager on left).

2) Under Disk Drives you should see 2 items listed. One is the internal drive and the other should be called Generic...SD Card (depending on the model).
    Attachment 6825

3) Double Click the correct controller and open the Policies tab. Check off Better Performance and click OK. You may need to restart but it's probably not necessary. Note that if you should need to remove the drive in the future you will need to safely remove hardware by ejecting the media using the icon in the notification area of the desktop.

I haven't run any benchmarks but I am loading programs from the SD Card and it feels just as fast as loading from the internal card.

P.S. If you don't see the option for "better performance" but instead see "Turn Off Windows write-cache buffer flushing on the device" you are looking at the wrong controller (internal card) -- select the other controller. Btw, if you are wondering on if you should enable that buffer flushing on the internal card - Don't Do It!! It can cause corruption should the system ever lose power or crash and reboot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    If you have an Android device, you can use it as a trackpad/games controller over WiFi or Bluetooth for your T100 (or windows PC etc.) with this: Monect Portable I have only used the trackpad feature whilst outputting to my HD tv to stream a movie and it worked very well. Hope this is useful.
    MutzNutz likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by padlad View Post
    If you have an Android device, you can use it as a trackpad/games controller over WiFi or Bluetooth for your T100 (or windows PC etc.) with this: Monect Portable I have only used the trackpad feature whilst outputting to my HD tv to stream a movie and it worked very well. Hope this is useful.
    Unified Remote does something similar. If anyone has problems with the Monect host they can give that a try.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Sort of Fix for Wifi / Bluetooth Connection Issue

Go to this link to see full thread

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...-problems.html

1. Search for and open Device Manager
    2. Navigate to Network adapters > Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter
    3. right click > Properties
    4. Driver tab
    5. If you have the following, go to step 6 Driver version: 5.93.98.187 signed by Microsoft
    6. Click Update Driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list... > Broadcom 802.11 abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter (Microsoft) > Next > Close
    7. Confirm Driver version is 5.93.97.168 signed by Microsoft

Note 1: wifi speeds should be slower but stable
    Note 2: If the problem comes back, toggling the airplane mode on and off should quickly resolve the issue (I didn't need to do this yet)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    Move Google Drive/Skydrive to microSD.

Change the Google Drive default folder : Google Apps Tips

http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/wi...kydrive-folder

Edit: One of them required my microSD to be formatted as NTFS.
    Last edited by opus345; 01-13-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    How to enable hibernation:

source: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPa...y/td-p/1054611

For those looking to disable Connected Standby on Clovertrail (and similar) Devices:

A simple change of a registry key and a system restart exposes all the legacy functionality:
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnab led (1->0)
    Next we can simply turn "Hibernation checkbox" on (in power settings) and set Hibernation on the lists above this checkbox.

The drawback is that we don't have ability to sleep the device in any way.
    But I think that it should be possible to somehow turn on normal sleep (need research)

See also: open-powercfg
    Last edited by kazio78; 01-28-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Zox
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    slow charging PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Anyone having charging problems should watch this video:

As a matter of fact, you should pull out the two silver prongs and golden-plated pins as well. I had a problem with battery drain while the computer was plugged in. Charging rate was only 2W, so the battery was slowly discharging. After I fixed the prongs and pins the charging rate increased to 4.5-5W, and the battery started to charge normally.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    Hibernation is by default enabled. In order to put your tablet into hibernation you can install a third party start menu or do something simpler... make a shortcut!

Right click and make a new shortcut anywhere. For location type "shutdown /h" without the quotes . save it and you can hibernate with a doubleclick.

i wonder why they disabled it. i swear quick startuo from hibernate us a feature nited on the box.
    Last edited by MadSquabbles; 01-18-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links