Color > Basic:
    Brightness: 15
    Contrast: 48
    Gamma: 0.7

Color > Advanced:
    Hue: 0
    Saturation: 52

Thanks kerkesmith!
    Attached are two ICC color profiles for my T100 that I just created. One for a brighter 1.8 gamma, and one for the standard 2.2 gamma, both at the standard 6500K color temp. Unzip, and then right click on the ICC file and select 'Install Profile' from the menu. Reset any tweaking you did in the Intel Graphics Control Panel.

Attachment 6714 These are for the HYD044E panels currently in use. In case ASUS changes suppliers, look for the value under Device Manager > Monitors > Generic PnP Monitor > Properties > Details > Hardware Ids

More info on how to use the ICC files at http://pcmonitors.info/articles/usin...les-in-windows
    Last edited by bgeery; 12-11-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    Shoey likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Here are two:

To gain some space back, adjust the recycle bin allocation down to a few hundred megs.

Also, for people having battery drain issues, I notice that the display sometimes turns back on and stays on when shut. It even comes on if placed in sleep mode before shutting. For me, the issue got MUCH worse with the 2.20 bios update.

To stop the display turning on, these two combined things work for me:

First, in device settings go to the first keyboard icon and turn off power properties.

Second, everytime when closing shut, slowly shut it to the point the display turns off and wait 2 or 3 seconds and then close it.

I went from the device coming on almost everytime to none. Yes, a lame fix but works.

Asus needs to fix this issue.
    Last edited by rushmore; 12-11-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    rscheller and ajp558 like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    2 times
    There is an alternative on-screen keyboard in windows 8.1. Search for "keyboard" using the charms bar search feature. Afyer it is running, pin it to the taskbar for easy access,. Some might find it more difficult to use than the metro keyboard but it has all possible keys found on the physical keyboard. It's handy in tablet mode.

tip2: you can use this keyboard while in tablet mode to manually control rotation by using ctrl-alt-[cursor key]

EDIT: Response to gbasob below. Great suggestion! I did not even know that existed and it works well. The method above does offer some different attributes, including the minimize and "fade" features, so I will leave the above tip as is, but I think I like full Metro option better. Thanks.
    Last edited by epadin; 12-12-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by epadin View Post
    There is an alternative on-screen keyboard in windows 8.1. Search for "keyboard" using the charms bar search feature. Afyer it is running, pin it to the taskbar for easy access,. Some might find it more difficult to use than the metro keyboard but it has all possible keys found on the physical keyboard. It's handy in tablet mode.

tip2: you can use this keyboard while in tablet mode to manually control rotation by using ctrl-alt-[cursor key]
    Or you can just go to: Charms Bar->Change PC settings->PC and devices->Typing, and switch 'Add the standard keyboard layout as a touch keyboard option' to 'On'. Now you can change keyboard layout to standard:
    21082d1367258258-touch-keyboard-add-standard-keyboard-layout-windows-8-touch-keyboard_standard_l.jpg
    Source
    Last edited by qbasob; 12-12-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Because the display turning off appears to make this tablet go to sleep (and correct me if I'm wrong or there is a way to change that), you may not like that when you manually lock the display (Win + L) or set the machine to lock automatically after X minutes, the system turns off the display and goes to sleep 1 minute later.

Take a look at this external link but I can only vouch for the registry files being safe as of a few minutes ago: eightforums

It's only one change so here are the manual details:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\8EC4B3A5-6868-48c2-BE75-4F3044BE88A7]
    "Attributes"=dword:00000002

This setting defaults to 1, which seems to hide the extra option in the Power settings. Changing it to 2 will add an extra setting to the Power Options (Display->Console lock display off timeout). You do not need to reboot but if you had the Power window open you probably need to close it and open it again to see the new option.

Now... if only I could find a way to decouple the screen turning off from the machine going to sleep. I had my previous laptop turn the display off after 10 minutes but not sleep for an hour. That does not seem possible with this tablet.

Edit: link didn't take the first time (prob my fault)
    Last edited by someasustabletowner; 12-16-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by someasustabletowner View Post
    Now... if only I could find a way to decouple the screen turning off from the machine going to sleep. I had my previous laptop turn the display off after 10 minutes but not sleep for an hour. That does not seem possible with this tablet.
    Connected Standby enabled devices automatically go to sleep when the screen is turned off, no way around it... it's part of the default power saving states and emphasis on mobility...

While the sleep tends to be a combination of hibernation and sleep, it pretty much turns everything off that's not needed after awhile but it should still be able to wake up pretty quick as long as everything works as it should... problem is it doesn't always but they seem to be fixing the bugs slowly, mainly need better drivers and firmware...

In the hybrid sleep/hibernation state only Always Connected Standby capable apps will run, which means only Metro apps (desktop is completely turned off) and only those selected to do so, which gives you up to around 10 apps (forgot exact number, but you can select them or disable them) that could continue to stay updated while in the otherwise off state.

When everything works as it should, then system should wake up pretty quick in just a few seconds and continue where you left off and power drain should be slow enough to keep using the device periodically for days to weeks before needing to recharge...

When things don't work as they should then you can experience power drain, and crashes that could prevent wake up and require forced shutdown and restart to fix... and being Windows that's sometimes a iffy thing but should get more reliable as they better develop the drivers and firmware...

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    18 times
    I was annoyed that the Windows "automatic maintenance" was scheduled to run every day at 1:00AM, and it was configured to wake up my machine in order to do so. While I was able to change the time, I could not uncheck the setting to wake up my machine as it was grayed out: Screenshot #1

Here's how to disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 8 and keep it from waking up the computer:

Disable "automatic maintenance" in Windows 8 - Super User

"You can do it by task scheduler. For this open the task scheduler by typing task on the Modern UI under the Apps and you will find the Task Scheduler at the left side click it and open. Now go to following path

Task Scheduler > Microsoft > Windows > Task Scheduler"

Screenshot #2

Apparently, disabling the task is temporary. We need to disable the triggers as per this comment:

"While you can disable the "Idle Maintenance" and "Maintenance Configurator" tasks, under \Microsoft\Windows\TaskScheduler, they will get re-enabled by the "Maintenance Configurator" task, which by default runs at 01:00 every day. In addition, it has two custom triggers, which cannot be viewed or edited using the Task Scheduler console.

Even as an admin, you don't have permission to disable the "Maintenance Configurator" task, though I haven't tried any "tricks" to do so - If Microsoft has gone through these lengths to prevent you from disabling it, it's probably a bad idea to do.

The relatively "clean" way I found to disable Idle and Regular Maintenance, that seems to still work after the "Maintenance Configurator" task has run, is to disable the triggers of the "Idle Maintenance" and "Maintenance Configurator" tasks.

The task will remain enabled, but with triggers disabled, it won't actually start."

So here is how to do that:

Screenshot #3

Screenshot #4

While you're at it, you may want to change the SkyDrive Update from kicking off every day at 4:00AM as well:

Before - Screenshot #5

After - Screenshot #6

Hopefully this (and putting the tablet in airplane mode) will help the device preserve more battery life while in sleep mode overnight.
    Last edited by ilovetofu; 12-18-2013 at 04:29 AM.
    lefteris82 and ajp558 like this.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    For a useful app suggestion...

TouchMousePointer, can be useful if you need to use the desktop while using the T100 as a tablet... App generates a virtual touch pad on the screen. So, like the virtual on screen keyboard, it'll let you have more control by using part of the touch screen as a touch pad... full screen being an option as well...

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    46 times
    Unlock God Mode in Windows 8:

- Create a new folder anywhere on your desktop. Right click on your Desktop and create new folder.

- Once created, rename the folder from ‘New Folder’ to this exact code:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

The folder icon will change to resemble a control panel.

Inside this folder, you will see a whole bunch of control options.

TheArt, MutzNutz, clintro and 8 others like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by x3baddad View Post
    This is not working for me,is there a secret to the layout?
    No secret. Just follow the directions. Copy and paste "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}" as a folder name without quotes.

Works for everybody else. So you must be special
    dizzywizzy likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links