Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    0 times

Bitlocker nightmare trying to reset pc

Hi

Bought a t100 chi from a chap yesterday. Tried to do a factory reset, i had the prvious owners password to allow me to do it.

Screen is now blue and asking for a bit locker key to unlock the pc and go further. the previous owner doesnt have it. When i try to factory reset the machine it tells me that the windows file needed is locked and to unlock it and try again. Is this something to do with bit locker? Anyone know a way around this? I just want to reset the machine and start over. I'm led to beleive it came with windows 10 pre installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ian

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ianbrooksy View Post
    Hi

Bought a t100 chi from a chap yesterday. Tried to do a factory reset, i had the prvious owners password to allow me to do it.

Screen is now blue and asking for a bit locker key to unlock the pc and go further. the previous owner doesnt have it. When i try to factory reset the machine it tells me that the windows file needed is locked and to unlock it and try again. Is this something to do with bit locker? Anyone know a way around this? I just want to reset the machine and start over. I'm led to beleive it came with windows 10 pre installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ian
    Hi ianbrooksy, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. There's normally an option to "Skip this drive" to perform the reset. It's on the same screen where it says to unlock the drive.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi ianbrooksy, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. There's normally an option to "Skip this drive" to perform the reset. It's on the same screen where it says to unlock the drive.
    It wont allow me to do this as it says the windows file is locked. it then says unlock the file and try again. I have not found a way to do this.

Any advice please?

Thanks

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ianbrooksy View Post
    It wont allow me to do this as it says the windows file is locked. it then says unlock the file and try again. I have not found a way to do this.

Any advice please?

Thanks
    It normally has a link to Microsoft that you can visit to get the bitlocker key. However, try initiating the reset again. Completely turn off your device then press "F9" at startup then "Troubleshoot" then "Reset".
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links