Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    1 times

T100CHI versus T100HA

My first post so I hope this is the correct forum

Given the choice are their noticeable differences between the T100CHI and T100HA? The reviews I have read seem to indicate that the HA is the better device but I would like to hear the views of users.

I note from the specs that the CHI has a higher definition screen but is the E 3826 a better processor the the HA's Z 8500 processor?

Thanks for reading

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Welcome to the forum

Are the prices the same? If I were to be buying a T100 at the moment, I wouldn't buy either. I'd pay the smallest price I could for the model.

Amazon have the T100TAF-BING-DK024B for £169 or £155 for an open box...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    my honest opinion: i wouldnt get either of these units. i have a t100ta and while it has served its purpose as a work/field computer, i would like something that is a little faster than this. sure, it can handle basic tasks and even play some decent games on low-med (FYI i am not a gamer). the fact that the micro sd card is wired to a usb 2 bus is a piss off. the 32gb models are a waste of time, as you have to manage your space on the eMMC precisely. the t100hahaha has a faster card slot, but the resolution, huge bezels, problems that other users have here that i read about make it an easy decision for me to pick up an ultrabook next. just my personal opinion.

the Chi model isnt something to write home about either. ive only recently considered the t300 chi as a next possible upgrade as it is almost comparable to the zenbook ux305. either way, i will purchase the t300 chi or the ux305, but leaning more over to the ux305 due to having 3 full size usb 3 ports, and is very slick and thin.
    Last edited by AFX; 12-27-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    There is a large performance gap between the TA model from early 2014 and the new generation of t100s the HA and the Chi. The HA is still using the outdated thick and wide bezel chassis from 3 years ago (just with new internals) the t100 chi is a thinner design with a Bluetooth attaching keyboard but again has those terrible thick bezels.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gtanner00; 12-27-2015 at 02:45 PM.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for all your comments.

To tell the story: I've already got a TAF 100AF the main board of which has been replaced by John Lewis under warranty (purchased from JL in May 2015). Whilst being repaired the Asus brand charger was lost and JL paid for a cheaper charger. I expressed my concerns about this at the time of the repair and they promised, in writing, that if there was a problem it would be put right. Long story short, charger not working, John Lewis have offered to replace with new TAF 100 but I can upgrade if I pay the difference between my original purchase price and the up grade model, hence my first post.

In spite of losing the charger,I am impressed with the John Lewis customer service and we may have a little more negotiating to do in January!!

Once again many thanks for replies, others will be welcome

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    22 times
    I love my T100HA. The bezels don't seem larger than is normal for laptops.

If you just want a laptop, then laptops will generally be a better choice, as there are some compromises to be had with a 2-in-1.

I love how small the T100 is - more powerful machines tend to be larger (at least 11"). It has excellent battery life, and it's also lighter than Intel core tablets. It's powerful enough for me to do android development (and it's not like more powerful ultra portables are powerful enough to be my main machine anyway - I have a 17" with dedicated GPU for that).

What's a 2-in-1 that's at least as good battery life, no heavier, and better then the T100? I couldn't find one. For laptops there are more options, though the T100 is still hard to beat if you want what it offers.

Regarding Janner's options - they're good choices for the money, but it's not clear to me they're better. They have more RAM, but slow spinning hard disks (even though the T100's eMMC isn't as fast as a full SSD, I'd still recommend it to mechanical drives). The CPUs are faster, though they all have terrible battery life. They're heavier (understandable as they're larger - but basically it's a tradeoff between portability and performance). There are plenty of good options out there depending on what you want, but I feel the T100 is one of those options.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Regarding Janner's options - they're good choices for the money, but it's not clear to me they're better. They have more RAM, but slow spinning hard disks (even though the T100's eMMC isn't as fast as a full SSD, I'd still recommend it to mechanical drives). The CPUs are faster, though they all have terrible battery life. They're heavier (understandable as they're larger - but basically it's a tradeoff between portability and performance). There are plenty of good options out there depending on what you want, but I feel the T100 is one of those options.
    All the crucial, non externally supportable options are much superior. As is the build quality and chassis.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    11 times
    I completely agree with @mdwh

Bought my T100HA a month ago, and so far I'm nothing but impressed by it. Have the 4/64GB version which - paired with a 128GB microsd card - is everything I was looking for. I haven't had much time for any heavy use yet, but what I have used it for so far (web, movies, office)... I'm happy.

Have Photoshop, lightroom, MS Office and a number of smaller programs installed internally and about 5GB of portableapps (chrome, inkscape, scribus, and more on the microsd leaving me with a good amount of space left on c: (all the user folders such as docs, videos, music etc are directed to the microsd).

I know that photoshop/lightroom are a bit heavy for this tablet/computer but for something to have "on the go" I think it will work out ok - at least for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links