Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCanuck View Post
    Good day. A while back, dropped my T100ta and cracked the screen. Not only was it ugly, but it also started sensing random touches across the screen....which made the thing useless.

After much googling, I found an easy way to disable the touchscreen and have the t100 work just like a regular laptop while I ponder a replacement digitizer.

Unfortunately for me, the screen lost its touch capability but I'm happy using it like a laptop since I never remove the keyboard.
    I too have a fully functioning, if still cracked, laptop. I didn't drop mine, however! Had I found that there were so many people with the same experience, I might not have bought the thing in the first place. I have an Asus NV56 which I've been happy with and loved the Chi until the screen cracked. The hairline crack (which is hardly noticeable) is about 2 inches from the top of the screen, and the touch capability still just about works above this line - but not below it.

Asus wouldn't repair it under warranty, unsurprisingly. I have pondered repair, but don't want to spend that much money.

Despite the loss of touch capability, all was fine using it as a laptop until earlier this evening. The bluetooth keyboard now appears unable to connect, so I am stuck at the Windows 10 log-on screen without means of typing in my password! Pushing the little switch on the keyboard prompts the usual flashing light to endgender a connection, but one never occurs. There is enough battery in both keyboard and tablet, and I have tried restarting the device - to no avail.

I have just registered, so any advice for this newbie would be welcome. I can find lots about bluetooth issues but nothing specific to my situation, so please forgive me if I have jumped in with a post too soon. Please forgive me also the lack of a signature with the complete details of my Chi - but am unable to log in to access the full details of my machine...

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2824 times
    Welcome to the forum, fellow Devonian

I have moved your post from the "cracked screen thread" to this one - I think it has the solution to your difficulty.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by weathergil View Post
    I too have a fully functioning, if still cracked, laptop. I didn't drop mine, however! Had I found that there were so many people with the same experience, I might not have bought the thing in the first place. I have an Asus NV56 which I've been happy with and loved the Chi until the screen cracked. The hairline crack (which is hardly noticeable) is about 2 inches from the top of the screen, and the touch capability still just about works above this line - but not below it.

Asus wouldn't repair it under warranty, unsurprisingly. I have pondered repair, but don't want to spend that much money.

Despite the loss of touch capability, all was fine using it as a laptop until earlier this evening. The bluetooth keyboard now appears unable to connect, so I am stuck at the Windows 10 log-on screen without means of typing in my password! Pushing the little switch on the keyboard prompts the usual flashing light to endgender a connection, but one never occurs. There is enough battery in both keyboard and tablet, and I have tried restarting the device - to no avail.

I have just registered, so any advice for this newbie would be welcome. I can find lots about bluetooth issues but nothing specific to my situation, so please forgive me if I have jumped in with a post too soon. Please forgive me also the lack of a signature with the complete details of my Chi - but am unable to log in to access the full details of my machine...
    I found that when experimenting with Windows 8.1 and 10 that my keyboard lost its connection. With Win 8.1 I removed the bluetooth docking entry and then rebooted. I was able to pair with entering a pairing code. If I did not reboot, I would get an error message. With Windows 10, I was able to add a second BT dock entry. I dealt with the duplicate entries by uninstalling the BT dock in Device Manager.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    0 times

ASUS T100CHI always loosing bluetooth connection - Why?

Hi there.
    I'm facing a problem quite boring...
    Every now and then I loose my keyboard bluetooth connection (I do believe that it is the tablet bluetooth that disconnects). And it's out from the blue....
    I'm typing or using the keyboard as always and "puffff"... the connection is lost and I have to go to the windows definitions, turn off the bluetooth, turn it on....and then the keyboard will be connected once again.
    Sometimes, when I'm waiting to the connection to become "alive", I see some kind of message near the devices connected by bluetooth, stating that there is a "driver error".
    Maybe it's a driver problem...but I do not remeber to have installed any kind of driver when the CHI upgraded do Win10.
    Can anyone help me with this?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2824 times
    I think you'll find the solution to your problem here, if not I suggest you look at the Windows Bluetooth drivers...

(Thread merged)

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    1 times
    The T100 Chi keyboard seems to just randomly disconnect sometimes, or mouse movement become twitchy and I've become resigned to that fact. Have been using it for about 5-6 months and it will randomly stop working, continue pressing last key (yyyyyyyyyyy... etc).
    All you an really do is put it on standby and hope that solves it quick, or go to the bluetooth screen and turn it off along with keyboard then on again. And if that doesn't work a restart. To quicken getting to the bluetooth sceen, I made a desktop shortcut with this path (you may need to change the en-GB part, for you it may be en-US etc.);

%windir%\explorer.exe %localappdata%\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpa nel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Indexed\Settings\en-GB\AAA_SettingsPagePCSystemBluetooth.settingconten t-ms

_____

Short of finding a little USB keyboard to attach to the tablet (and maybe keep them both in a generic "leather" case), I don't think there's much else you can do except get used to its quirks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm guessing you are using a bluetooth mouse. The repeating keys issue will occur when using both the keyboard and the bluetooth mouse.
    You'd have to either use a wired mouse, or those wireless ones with dedicated 2.4GHz receivers (which will take up 1 precious USB port space).

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSimonH View Post
    The T100 Chi keyboard seems to just randomly disconnect sometimes, or mouse movement become twitchy and I've become resigned to that fact. Have been using it for about 5-6 months and it will randomly stop working, continue pressing last key (yyyyyyyyyyy... etc).
    All you an really do is put it on standby and hope that solves it quick, or go to the bluetooth screen and turn it off along with keyboard then on again. And if that doesn't work a restart. To quicken getting to the bluetooth sceen, I made a desktop shortcut with this path (you may need to change the en-GB part, for you it may be en-US etc.);

%windir%\explorer.exe %localappdata%\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpa nel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Indexed\Settings\en-GB\AAA_SettingsPagePCSystemBluetooth.settingconten t-ms

_____

Short of finding a little USB keyboard to attach to the tablet (and maybe keep them both in a generic "leather" case), I don't think there's much else you can do except get used to its quirks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks a lot to vankoy!! It worked!!!
    sculptedstylus likes this.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyTruideman View Post
    Thanks a lot to vankoy!! It worked!!!
    Who doesn't love solved problems...and welcome to the forum Andy!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links