Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Driver Disappearance and Touchscreen Failure

I have a asus transformer t1001. I haven't used it in about 3 days. When I turned it on today, Everything seemed alright. Then I noticed that I wasn't connected to the internet, so I tried connecting and I noticed that I couldn't. the Driver was more than not working. it was MISSING. And then I noticed that the touchscreen wasn't working. AND THEN I noticed that it wouldn't charge!
    Basically, there is a lot wrong with my tablet/pc and I have no clue why it happened or how to fix it. After fiddling around in the device manager (clicking check for new hardware and "update drivers") I noticed a bunch of the same driver repeated a bunch of times with a little exclamation mark. I clicked on one of them and hit "rollback driver" that seemed to make the internet start working again (even though that driver had nothing to do with the network). Also I cannot charge the device. So I am running out of time! a computer won't recognize it, and it won't recognize a charger!
    However, I still can't get the touch screen to start working. or to charge (the battery meter does show now). There are two drivers with the little exclamation mark 1. "Intel(R) Power Management IC Device" (which makes sense for the charging) and 2. "UART Controller" Which I have NO CLUE what it means. There is no rollback option nor does clicking "update driver" work for either of these. So if anyone can help me out in any of these problems, that would be awesome! thanks in advance!

TLDR; Drivers disappeared, found some, can't find others / get them working. help! and fast! won't charge and running low on battery!
    Last edited by smileyman56; 07-14-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns and we're sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with your transformer notebook. With the symptoms described, we can try a few troubleshooting steps in order to have the issues resolved. Please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com with contact details (name, telephone # & country), the details of the notebook (serial number & operating system currently in use) as well as anything else that you have identified that would aid in our research to provide you with the best solution.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. Your case number is N150745266. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links