Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times

Plugged in and it says discharging

Maybe it has always done this or perhaps it happened when I accepted the upgrade to WIN10 Creators additions.

When I have the T100 plugged in and I am using it, I can look at the battery icon and see that it gives a battery percentage but it also says plugged in discharging.

I re-calibrated the battery.

I have not Uninstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Last year I updated the ROM but haven't checked for any recent ROM updates. Normally I don't like doing ROM updates unless there is a VERY valid reason to do it.

Or is this normal for the T100?

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by urdrwho10 View Post
    Maybe it has always done this or perhaps it happened when I accepted the upgrade to WIN10 Creators additions.

When I have the T100 plugged in and I am using it, I can look at the battery icon and see that it gives a battery percentage but it also says plugged in discharging.

I re-calibrated the battery.

I have not Uninstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Last year I updated the ROM but haven't checked for any recent ROM updates. Normally I don't like doing ROM updates unless there is a VERY valid reason to do it.

Or is this normal for the T100?
    Hi urdrwho10, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. If the percentage is at 100% it will start to discharge as the device has stopped charging to preserve battery life. What's the percentage that your device start to discharge from?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy

IMG_0343.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi urdrwho10, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. If the percentage is at 100% it will start to discharge as the device has stopped charging to preserve battery life. What's the percentage that your device start to discharge from?
    On this last question, I have the same issue, and it's discharging at any power state (6-23-37%...). I never thought windows 10 could inform me of Discharging cause it's normal when not plugged in. I admit if I consume more than it charges it could make sens, then lok at the 2nd pic and my settings are at the lowest performances and lowest brightness possible and no heavy program running. It's still discharging at 0%. I tried many other power supplies and the one that came with the Transformer. Also tried the imbedded USB charging ports from my wall outlet and a battery pack of 5V/2,4 Amps (6000mAh)... This one did some charging but it took forever to go from 6% to 23% and drained the Pack. Btw, intentionally, I left the Transformer shut down while charging to help the charging process, but didn't seem to give more stroke.

According to Asus and Microsoft, I'm up to date...

Any suggestions?

PS: Sorry for the Pics upside down... Damn Apple Touch!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    HALF SOLVED
    I changed the Bios version. Tx is able to charge and keep the charge now. It still show discharge once full or so, but now I can rely on 7 to 8 hours of normal use (wifi, browsing and some prgs) for a charge.
    Not perfect cause I really think it take more time to charge.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanos3000 View Post
    HALF SOLVED
    I changed the Bios version. Tx is able to charge and keep the charge now. It still show discharge once full or so, but now I can rely on 7 to 8 hours of normal use (wifi, browsing and some prgs) for a charge.
    Not perfect cause I really think it take more time to charge.
    Hi Yanos3000, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for an update. How long does it take for your device to be fully charged using the original charger?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links