Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

Asus T100TA not charging more than 92%, led blinking red

Dear Forum,

I did not find any other thread to fit my problem.

I noticed that it takes ages to charge my Asus T100TA 32gb, I have to leave it over night in order to reach a decent amount of charge and when I check it the next day it never goes more than 92% and the led light is blinking red. I tried to restart and try again, discharge it completely and fully recharge, a battery calibration method I read somewhere here and whatever else I could find but with no results.

I am running windows 10 latest version. I updated from windows 8.1, took a doubledriver backup to use with the missing drivers that do not exist in Asus webpage, and keep updating the OS with every new update.

Any advice/ideas are welcome!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times
    Download the free BatteryInfoView
    Un-zip the download and put the folder wherever you like. BatteryInfoView is 'Portable' and so does not need to be installed
    Open the folder and launch BatteryInfoView Appliction
    Go to Menu > View and select Show Battery Information
    Look at the Battery Wear Level
    Battery Wear Level: The wear level of the battery, in %
    The wear level of a new battery should be around 100%, and it gradually decreases. This value is calculated according to the 'Designed Capacity' and 'Full Charged Capacity' values.
    There might be other useful information there for you

Good luck
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)
    Asus MemoPad HD 7 - Android - 16GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, Thanks for your reply, but I am not sure how it would help. I have no problem with the battery duration, it last few days with moderate use (mainly reading and internet surfing) and its duration has not decreased. So I am not sure what will I understand with the wear level... my problem is that it takes ages to charge (although the charge lasts long after that) and it only reaches 92% and the led is blinking red.

Regardless, when I go home, I will take a look at BatteryInfoView.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrillyBits View Post
    • Download the free BatteryInfoView
    • Un-zip the download and put the folder wherever you like. BatteryInfoView is 'Portable' and so does not need to be installed
    • Open the folder and launch BatteryInfoView Appliction
    • Go to Menu > View and select Show Battery Information
    • Look at the Battery Wear Level

There might be other useful information there for you

Good luck
    Yeah...that's been a great utility.

I've used it before...and after more than 15 months with my T100TA...battery wear level is still at 94.7%...and I keep it charging whenever NOT in use.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smoker21 View Post
    Hi, Thanks for your reply, but I am not sure how it would help. I have no problem with the battery duration, it last few days with moderate use (mainly reading and internet surfing) and its duration has not decreased. So I am not sure what will I understand with the wear level... my problem is that it takes ages to charge (although the charge lasts long after that) and it only reaches 92% and the led is blinking red.

Regardless, when I go home, I will take a look at BatteryInfoView.
    • You can also go to Menu > View and select Show Battery Log
    • Then set up a Power Plan for the T100 to stay ON while on power, you can have the screen turn OFF
    • Leave the T100 charging as you normally do then check the log to see what happens around 92%

Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Yeah...that's been a great utility.

I've used it before...and after more than 15 months with my T100TA...battery wear level is still at 94.7%...and I keep it charging whenever NOT in use.
    Purchased my T100 15th December 2013 and after 1,012 discharge cycles my battery wear level is 85.2% ..... mine is always in use
    I do small charges more often when possible, charge to 75% use battery to 50% then charge to 75% and so on
    Last edited by FrillyBits; 12-08-2016 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)

Helping Hero & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    247 times
    If I may ask are you still using the ASUS supplied charger, if not that could be the problem?

If yes possible charger issue try connecting overnight to another charger and see if goes to 100%.

If neither of these then it's more than likely an issue with the internal charging circuit.
    Last edited by helpifIcan; 12-09-2016 at 09:56 AM.
    Help shortcuts

For TF101 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post177499
    For T100 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post344339

My stuff!

ASUS T100 64GB
    TF101 32 GB + Grandkids toy now
    Nokia 635 win 8.1
    ASUS MB Z97-A with I5 CPU (mine home brew PC)
    HP Desktop (wife's)
    Retired: My week is six Saturdays and one Sunday!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    I am using the Asus supplied charger and cable and I have tried with an old Lumia 800 charger but I can't remember the result, I remember though that still something was not right.

I will try the battery log and batteryinfoview and come back with the results.

What bothers me is why is the led blinking red? it is like there is an error or something.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    I did was people suggested but I have no idea what I am seeing in the powerinfoview. it just has a list of the percentage going up and "event type" timer. the rate is sometimes negative, sometimes positive and sometimes 0

battery wear level, 88.3%

I am not sure what I should get out of this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times
    If the T100 was charging without being used then the charge rate should be consistent but what happened when it got near 92%.
    You wrote "the rate is sometimes negative, sometimes positive and sometimes 0" was that happening at around 92% ?
    I am not a battery expert but some member who has the knowledge might be able to analyze the information and tell you what is happening.
    The blinking red light is the big question, I have never heard of it and a search didn't get any results just the usual orange light

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Now, intersting fact. I was on a business trip and I forgot to get the asus cable. I had the Asus charger but not the cable, pluged in the device, charged it overnight and as by miracle reached 100% and no blinking red light. Came back home, just repeated the same with the Asus cable and it stops around 92% and red blinking light... I guess I have a faulty cable and never occured to me in the past, as I tried with a different charger, but I might have used the same cable...

Still, no idea why they led light is blinking red though...

Thanks for all your help!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links