Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nealinnevada

Thread: T100TAF - B14 - GR won't turn on.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation T100TAF - B14 - GR won't turn on.

Dear transformerforums,

My name is Josh. I got an Asus Transformer Book T100TAF for my birthday last February.
    This is my second transformer book since that time. The first one had this problem, and I simply had it switched out at Best Buy. However, I don't want to have to return this every time I have a problem.

Here is information that might pertain to the tablet that you need to know.
    The power button is light blue when plugged in.
    The power button blinks white 5 times when pressed for approximately three seconds.
    After about fifteen seconds of holding the power button while charging, the light turns off. When I let go of the power button, it takes approximately five seconds for the light to come back on.
    At no point during my efforts has the tablet responded in any way other than the charging light turning off or flashing 5 times. This means the camera light does not turn on, I never see the ASUS logo, and I hear no sounds from the tablet.

I have tried the following.
    1. I have held the power button down for more than 30 seconds.
    2. I have held the power button down whilst simultaneously holding the volume up button for more than 15 seconds.
    3. I have done the same with the volume down button, and with the 'windows' button, or the lock button, or whatever you call the button beneath the volume on the left side of the tablet.

I have not opened the tablet up. I do not want to open the tablet up. I am afraid to do so. I have no guitar pick and no pocket knife.
    However, on the bottom right side to the right of the keyboard connect port is a part where the case is slightly open. I can fit my fingernail into it. I could probably fit a butter knife into the spot to help pry it open, to work it along the sides...

Are there any other ways that I can try getting this tablet on? Is there a way to trigger it to power on by connecting it to the PC via USB, a 'remote start', some form of software that could do this?
    I use this tablet for school. It has copies of my textbooks upon it, which is really convenient because I use ebooks. So.

Help. Please!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forums Josh

Doesn't sound good to me, I'm sorry to say. The flashing lights you mention are typical of a hardware fault that is being indicated. Unless you try repeated trickle charges / connecting to a charger / long power button presses / opening up the device (invalidates any warranty), I don't believe there is anything else you can do short of returning it to Best Buy or Asus.

Having said that, there might be something in this thread that would help...
    T100TAF won't turn on - I've tried holding the power button

I'm sure you have it backed up, so at least it is still covered under warranty.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    1 times
    Josh, I had the exact same problem with my T100TAF, but I fixed it. I opened the case by looking at the bottom of the tablet (the two cavities which align the tablet to the keyboard). I took an old credit card which I sanded to a fine edge and worked it into the case seam next to one of the cavities. Then I pushed inward slightly and pulled the card around the perimeter of the case. You can hear the snaps releasing. I then took the back of the tablet off. Then find the battery connection plug and disconnect it (I used the corner of the credit card to push the connector off). Then I plugged the battery back in and pressed the power button and the T100 booted up just fine. Hope this might help you or someone else.
    janner43 likes this.

DHR
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nealinnevada View Post
    Josh, I had the exact same problem with my T100TAF, but I fixed it. I opened the case by looking at the bottom of the tablet (the two cavities which align the tablet to the keyboard). I took an old credit card which I sanded to a fine edge and worked it into the case seam next to one of the cavities. Then I pushed inward slightly and pulled the card around the perimeter of the case. You can hear the snaps releasing. I then took the back of the tablet off. Then find the battery connection plug and disconnect it (I used the corner of the credit card to push the connector off). Then I plugged the battery back in and pressed the power button and the T100 booted up just fine. Hope this might help you or someone else.
    Wow. That's just like what I found. Too bad I didn't read your post first. Mind you, my symptoms were a bit different. http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post356189

Maybe this needs to go in a FAQ.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DHR View Post
    Wow. That's just like what I found. Too bad I didn't read your post first. Mind you, my symptoms were a bit different. http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post356189

Maybe this needs to go in a FAQ.
    You could always have tried searching...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links