Thread: Not charging fast enough.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    0 times

Not charging fast enough.

Hello I own two Asus T100 transformers and recently they both have been using power faster than it charges and i'm getting really annoyed because one of them was just fine until a couple hours ago. I realized when my cat chewed the first one's cord that whatever cord came with the adapter was superior to the cords you use for phones, It wasn't until I sent that one in for repairs because it always displayed the battery as dead and my dad gave me the backup one he had, that I got another cord that charged it well. I've been taking care of this cord since I got it but as of late it's not working properly anymore. Sometimes when I plug it in and use the netbook the battery starts going up and the cord is hot, but after 5 minutes it'll quickly cool down like nothing happened and i'll start loosing more power than what's charging. What am I supposed to do about this? I live in Toronto, Canada is there any place I can quickly pick up a new cord, I am constantly using this tablet for school and I can't afford to be unable to use this right now.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Welcome to the forum. a quick Google search turned up this item: (searched for "T100 charge cord")

http://www.amazon.ca/Rapid-Charger-A.../dp/B00GOI7Y7O

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdude View Post
    Hello I own two Asus T100 transformers and recently they both have been using power faster than it charges and i'm getting really annoyed because one of them was just fine until a couple hours ago. I realized when my cat chewed the first one's cord that whatever cord came with the adapter was superior to the cords you use for phones, It wasn't until I sent that one in for repairs because it always displayed the battery as dead and my dad gave me the backup one he had, that I got another cord that charged it well. I've been taking care of this cord since I got it but as of late it's not working properly anymore. Sometimes when I plug it in and use the netbook the battery starts going up and the cord is hot, but after 5 minutes it'll quickly cool down like nothing happened and i'll start loosing more power than what's charging. What am I supposed to do about this? I live in Toronto, Canada is there any place I can quickly pick up a new cord, I am constantly using this tablet for school and I can't afford to be unable to use this right now.
    Welcome to the forum

When you say "cord" do you mean the charging cable or are you referring to the charger and the cable?

The T100 is known to be supplied with either a 2amp charger which has been reported as not being capable of maintaining charge when the device is being used intensively, or a 3amp charger which is capable of maintaining the charge in similar circumstances.

If you are just describing the cable, then yes, the cable does have certain proprietary & specific pin connections.

This guide thread covers that issue...[GUIDE] PSA: short the data pins to charge your T100 fast with *ANY* USB cable.

As far as sourcing another charger, then take a look here...Working Aftermarket Charger Thread

You may also find this informative...Battery LED, care, maintenance & charging issues resolution.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the links, I've already found those online but as I said I was wondering if there was a place I can quickly pick up one instead of waiting for shipping. Yes I mean the charging cable, overnight I have let the netbook charge for 11 hours and it's charge only went up by 10% .
    I've tried the cable trick with the tape but I'm not sure if im doing it right because I can't get it to work. If it was the adapter acting up how would I be able to tell?
    Last edited by jmdude; 02-12-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    You would need to read the voltage and current coming from the charger with a multi meter. You would find it easier to simply go into a store somewhere. Take your charger in so they can read the specs on it and say you need a spare. Then ensure it actually does the job for 30 minutes while you are in the store.
    jmdude likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Get one of these. It'll test all the pieces.

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Chargi...r+meter+tester
    Attached Images Attached Images
    leeshor and janner43 like this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links