Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy T100taf won't charge, 0% battery

Yesterday it was working fine until I tried to charge it for 2 hours. When I came back there was no orange charge light so I tried to turn it on but only the low battery screen popped up so I knew something was wrong. I forced the laptop to turn on (home/left button) and when I logged on to check the battery, it was at 0%. Shortly after it shut off and now it won't turn on. I can't even force it on anymore, when press the home button I only get 5 orange blinks. I tried to charge it overnight but because there was no orange charge light that didn't work. I've only had the laptop for a month and I don't know if it's a hardware or a battery issue. Please help?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

Try plugging it into a running computer for >5 hours. You probably won't see anything happening but after it's been trickle charging see if you get a response at all but it may rule your charger out as being a problem.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wemwem View Post
    Yesterday it was working fine until I tried to charge it for 2 hours. When I came back there was no orange charge light so I tried to turn it on but only the low battery screen popped up so I knew something was wrong. I forced the laptop to turn on (home/left button) and when I logged on to check the battery, it was at 0%. Shortly after it shut off and now it won't turn on. I can't even force it on anymore, when press the home button I only get 5 orange blinks. I tried to charge it overnight but because there was no orange charge light that didn't work. I've only had the laptop for a month and I don't know if it's a hardware or a battery issue. Please help?
    Hi Wemwem,

We're very sorry that you've been having trouble charging your T100TAF. I would suggest that you do a hard reset in order to troubleshoot this.

T100TAF Hard Reset.

1. Remove the tablet from the docking station.
    2. Remove the charger from the tablet.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 45 seconds.
    4. Insert the charger and allow for the charging indicator light to come up.
    5. Allow the tablet still separated from keyboard to charge for at least 45 minutes.

After the 45 minutes has passed, please try to power the T100TAF by pressing the power button.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you for choosing ASUS products and services. You may refer to this case number in the event that you contact our technical support team in the future: N150843989

Thank you,
    -In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi Wemwem,

We're very sorry that you've been having trouble charging your T100TAF. I would suggest that you do a hard reset in order to troubleshoot this.

T100TAF Hard Reset.

1. Remove the tablet from the docking station.
    2. Remove the charger from the tablet.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 45 seconds.
    4. Insert the charger and allow for the charging indicator light to come up.
    5. Allow the tablet still separated from keyboard to charge for at least 45 minutes.

After the 45 minutes has passed, please try to power the T100TAF by pressing the power button.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you for choosing ASUS products and services. You may refer to this case number in the event that you contact our technical support team in the future: N150843989

Thank you,
    -In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    Hi there, I have a similar problem. Last night, although the tablet was connected to the charger (with the orange light on), the battery was almost at 0 percent. I tried a few different chargers and outlets, but the orange light kept blinking. Then the light went out completely, and hasn't seemed to respond to any chargers and hasn't come on since, and I cannot get the tablet to turn on. I tried the steps for the hard reset, as listed above. Regarding #4, the charging indicator still didn't come on after I inserted the charger. Are there any other options?
    Last edited by sjn02169; 10-15-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sjn02169 View Post
    Hi there, I have a similar problem. Last night, although the tablet was connected to the charger (with the orange light on), the battery was almost at 0 percent. I tried a few different chargers and outlets, but the orange light kept blinking. Then the light went out completely, and hasn't seemed to respond to any chargers and hasn't come on since, and I cannot get the tablet to turn on. I tried the steps for the hard reset, as listed above. Regarding #4, the charging indicator still didn't come on after I inserted the charger. Are there any other options?
    Welcome to the forum

No point asking the Asus social rep. They don't monitor threads - even though they are automatically notified of replies!

The routine they advise is new to me, and frankly is bizarre.

Essentially, the science is this. Any device with a built in battery sometimes is "on" as in connected to a power source (the battery) even when it shouldn't be, or doesn't look as if it is. This sort of "device confusion" is normal in electronics and is normally fully resolved with a power cycle. (Turn off (disconnect the power source), wait 60 seconds, turn on)

So what tablet owners have to do is a looooooong press on the power button of up to 60 seconds. This disconnects the battery electronically and then allows it to reconnect after a suitable period. Normally that recovers the device.

If, however, that doesn't work, you may have a situation where the battery has become discharged to such a low level that it cannot accept a charge. In which case you will need to try the "trickle charge trick"

For more help on that and in general on this issue, read this guide thread...Battery LED, care, maintenance & charging issues resolution.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the tips janner43. Unfortunately, the motherboard went. It's really not worth getting it fixed. This is disappointing, since I had the device for just over a year and a half.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links