Thread: Stuck in Charging Mode

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Stuck in Charging Mode

My T100TA is stuck in charging mode i.e. despite any effort on my part the power light remains orange. This is a out of the box new tablet. I did run a few updates which may be problem. However, cannot get a white power light to reboot. If I hold down power button I eventually get a white light for a split second but when I release the button it goes back to orange. Unit was charged overnight so it should be fine. Help.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Orange indicates ON but not fully charged. When things are working properly, the only time you'll see the white LED is when it's connected to the charger and fully charged.

Try this, hold the power button down for 30 seconds, release the power button, wait 5 seconds and then hold the power button down till you see the white LED to the right of the camera come on, then release the power button. It should boot up normally from there.

If that doesn't work, plug it into power and wait till the LED next to the power button turns white.

Let us know
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Stuck in Charging Mode

Rick, thanks for the info. I tried it and no response. Can't say I am impressed. This is my second new model - 1st one wouldn't update. Now this one won't turn on after initial use. Have spent about 4 hours total trying solutions and I am done. Will return it to the store for a refund. To my way of thinking, whether it is "fully charged" or not, is irrelevant. Even partially charged it should boot up - especially since it is plugged in to AC. Too bad because for the price it is excellent value. From reading the problem logs, there seems to be significant difficulties a/ with updates and b/ with charging. Thanks for the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    Orange indicates ON but not fully charged. When things are working properly, the only time you'll see the white LED is when it's connected to the charger and fully charged.

Try this, hold the power button down for 30 seconds, release the power button, wait 5 seconds and then hold the power button down till you see the white LED to the right of the camera come on, then release the power button. It should boot up normally from there.

If that doesn't work, plug it into power and wait till the LED next to the power button turns white.

Let us know

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Can't say as I can blame you for getting rid of it.

I won't try and talk you out of it because like many, you have an expectation that it "works out of the box", no muss, no fuss. And I agree it "should".

I do know that the WinTel device is late coming to the "always on tablet party" and it has had and continues to have some growing pains and if you're not ready to truly be a beta tester in that world, you have a high probability of being disappointed.

Even in the WinTel desktop/laptop world, there are weekly / monthly OS, driver, BIOS updates that if not applied properly and diligently can degrade or even brick a device.

You gotta really be set in your wants and needs to follow the WinTel device direction with the likes of Android and Apple out there.

Good luck in whatever direction you choose.
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheler View Post
    if you're not ready to truly be a beta tester in that world, you have a high probability of being disappointed.
    I'd say the opposite. You have a higher probabilty of having a working unit right out-of-the-box. But replace it or buy whatever you like. Asus sold 11.5 million tablets last year.
    rickscheller likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    I'd say the opposite. You have a higher probabilty of having a working unit right out-of-the-box. But replace it or buy whatever you like. Asus sold 11.5 million tablets last year.
    Yep, mine worked OOTB when I received it in late October 2013. In February 2014 I had to do a full reset. Then again in late January 2015, again I had to do a refresh. Both times in hindsight I likely could've used a less harsh method to simply "restore" my T100 to a working state.

In my 18 months of owning my T100, I've made many mistakes and I've learned a lot about the quirks of the T100 an Win8.1. I really do personally consider it a great device for my purposes and it's truly changed the way I do my computing. Android and Apple have some holes that a WinTel device fills nicely.
    Swipe likes this.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rainjazz View Post
    My T100TA is stuck in charging mode i.e. despite any effort on my part the power light remains orange. This is a out of the box new tablet. I did run a few updates which may be problem. However, cannot get a white power light to reboot. If I hold down power button I eventually get a white light for a split second but when I release the button it goes back to orange. Unit was charged overnight so it should be fine. Help.
    rainjazz - We're very sorry that you're having this power issue with your T100TA. If you'd still like assistance with this please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com providing the serial number of your Transformer along with a detailed description of your issue. If you've attempted any other troubleshooting steps you may also advise us of what you've attempted within your email.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. You may reference this case number (N150390245) on your next contact. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the Asus transformer t100taf and last night I tried turning it on it would flash white beside the power button. But the light beside the camera is on all the time. I put it on the charger and this morning it is still doing the same. Any solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links