Like Tree4Likes

Thread: T100 CHI - Charging / Power Bank - Questions

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    3 times
    I would recommend using a smartphone ac adapter for charging the keyboard. The keyboard battery does last days. There is a nice keyboard battery application to show you the battery level.

With the Chi in sleep mode, a normal tablet adapter will provide over 4 watts of charging power which will require about 8 hours for a charge. With the Chi on and running, a normal tablet adapter will power the tablet with only a little left over for charging. The 9 volt adapter will power the tablet and charge the battery since it provides about 9 watts of charging power.

With the display brightness set two clicks up from the bottom while using FireFox, the Chi is using less than 2.5 W as measured by BatteryBar. That works out to more than twelve hours of browsing time.
    xces
    The Chi easily lasts a full work day for me on a charge. Thus far, I have only run into excess battery drain once during sleep. Excess is one percent per hour. I was running the MoveMouse program which moves the mouse cursor one pixel every 30 seconds. During normal sleep, the power drain is about 8 percent per day.
    divv likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    4 times
    Since most batteries are 3.7v, is it correct to assume that the t100 chi to be 8000mah?

Also isn't your power output of charger inaccurate? P=IV. A typical tablet charger provides 5v*2.1A giving 10.5W of power. If consumption is ~2.5W, you'll get effective 8W of charging.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    3 times
    I was using the numbers from BatteryBar which gives charging numbers.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    1 times
    So I downloaded Battery Bar but as far as I can tell the numbers its displaying is for the tablet?
    How do I know how much is left on the keyboard?
    Also for those who know the program what does "battery wear" mean?
    Thanks

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    18 times
    There should be a system app in the system tray called Chi Keyboard Power. It's a little keyboard symbol and when connected to the tablet it will have a cyan color indicating it is connected. If you right click on that and choose settings you can see the battery life left. I don't use the keyboard much, but I have only charged the keyboard once when I first got the tablet about 4 weeks ago and it's still at 76%.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks buckeyestargazer!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    1 times

chargers

I found the orig. asus 9v/2a or 5V/2a charger and cable charges in less than two hours because it uses the adaptive boost system.

A Pwr+ charger rated 5V/2a charges in about 4hrs while in use and the data pins are shorted together on this charger for it to work. I also used a windows phone charger, 5V/1a, that will take 8hrs to charge with the t100 chi off.

I would like to find a 6ft reliable cable that I can replace with the orig. asus 9v/2a or 5V/2a charger.

If anyone knows where I can get one, I would appreciate it.
    If anyone has any information on the cable...such as wire gage, pinouts, ID pin tag that envokes the 9V/2a boost charge, I would like to know so I may make a 6 ft cable, that would be very helpful. I would buy one, but so far, others have indicated they lasts only couple of months. I suspect this is so because the Asus spec is 9V/2A which is higher in current than others and causes the ID resistor or wiring to burn it. My research so far leads me to a 20 gage wire for power due to the six foot length. I believe pin 1 is +5V, pin 5 is negative, pins 2/3 are data pins shorts and pin 4 is ID for the 5V/2A configuration. I am wondering about the 9V/2a configuration. I think there must be a ID resistor in pin 4 but not sure the value........

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    0 times

Charger cable

Quote Originally Posted by techi View Post
    I found the orig. asus 9v/2a or 5V/2a charger and cable charges in less than two hours because it uses the adaptive boost system.

A Pwr+ charger rated 5V/2a charges in about 4hrs while in use and the data pins are shorted together on this charger for it to work. I also used a windows phone charger, 5V/1a, that will take 8hrs to charge with the t100 chi off.

I would like to find a 6ft reliable cable that I can replace with the orig. asus 9v/2a or 5V/2a charger.

If anyone knows where I can get one, I would appreciate it.
    If anyone has any information on the cable...such as wire gage, pinouts, ID pin tag that envokes the 9V/2a boost charge, I would like to know so I may make a 6 ft cable, that would be very helpful. I would buy one, but so far, others have indicated they lasts only couple of months. I suspect this is so because the Asus spec is 9V/2A which is higher in current than others and causes the ID resistor or wiring to burn it. My research so far leads me to a 20 gage wire for power due to the six foot length. I believe pin 1 is +5V, pin 5 is negative, pins 2/3 are data pins shorts and pin 4 is ID for the 5V/2A configuration. I am wondering about the 9V/2a configuration. I think there must be a ID resistor in pin 4 but not sure the value........
    In the UK juicebitz.co.uk make a usb heavy duty charging cable that works great on my T100 (not CHI), It has 20 AWG charge wires. In the US you could try monoprice . I think it is important that the cable is specified as a charging cable.
    Last edited by RogerO; 03-31-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links