Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times

mW(h) charge rate

Currently I have Asus t100 connected to only an external monitor (which has it's own charger). If I have only VLC medi player open on the bigger external monitor I will be losing battery charge even though I am charging it. It says my discharge rate is around 5800 mWh if I do not have it charging.

I read in another thread that 8W or 10W chargers are possible? What do you get as a regular charging "speed"? Are you dropping if you have external monitor connected?

EDIT: I have original charger and a different cable. Do you think the cable is incorrect? I have read that some cables do not support enough Amper to charge it fast enough, but I have no idea how to buy the right one since none of them have any spefications written.
    Last edited by ropecore; 12-19-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    With the screen off but OS running, connected through remote desktop and system idling, charge rate appears to be around 5Wh. I expect this figure to be higher when the system is in a deep sleep or completely off. Only way to truly measure this is by measuring draw at the power source (ac outlet). I don't have my kill-a-watt meter handy to do this.

That said, if your discharge rate is around 6Wh, then it's quite possible your net charge rate will be a loss. VLC is not a good media player when it comes to power draw. Use MPC-HC, or the xbox media player (which now supports mkv files). I've used mpc-hc for blu-ray content, cpu usage around 3-4% vs 25% with vlc.
    T100TAM 64GB, Bios v205

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    ^^Glad I posted the above 2 years ago! Noticed my t100 was charging slow. I was using the same cable I used before (not stock). Sure enough that cable has seen better days. Getting ~4000mw as a charge rate while remote in via remote desktop. Swapped out to the stock cable (which hasn't been used). Getting this now.

Should add, I did update the bios to 400 before with identical charge results. Cables do wear out it seems.

T100TAM 64GB, Bios v205

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links