Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times

"plugged in, not charging"

Hi there,
    After a long search and a even longer wait my T100 64gb + 500gb arrived today (It was the last one at amazon.de btw). So i started, it logged in and played a bit with it. At the time the battery said 63%. After that I had to go to work, so i plugged it in for full recharging. Well...no luck. I got back from Work and it still showed 63% Battery. It also says "plugged in not charging". So thats the drill: My t100 can use the Battery and the power adapter but cant charge it again. After I used it a bit it now shows 51%. Still no luck. I've already tried different power adapters and USB cable. Still no change.

So any ideas? Should I discharge it completely? Bios Update? Software issiues? Or was Asus sloppy with soldering the battery and now I have a loose connection. In that case the only option would be sending it back and wait for replacement (which is going to take at least one month if im lucky)

I actually wanted to use that Netbook on my Eastern vacation. Seems like this privileg wont be granted to me...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    The T100 seems a bit picky about which adaptors/cables will or will not charge it. I found that the included charger didn't seem to charge it. In the end, I'm using the charger that came with a Samsung phone - this one: Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Mains Charger - UK MOBILE STORE

I did have to try a few chargers and different cables before I found this one. Also, make sure you've shut down the machine before plugging it in.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi if you get the "plugged in, not charging" problem, assuming your battery is not totally dead and you can still boot up the machine you can try this.
    Hold Windows key and tap x to get into device manager.
    click on batteries
    right click and delete the battery
    reboot, the system should "find" and "re-install" the battery.
    plug in and see if that solves the problem.
    This worked for me, I don't know the answer if the machine will not boot up.
    rscheller likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi
    I wanted to post the conclusion of my problem

after the battery continued to refuse charging, i called the technical support. they told me this is a problem that cant be solved by myself and the notebook has to be sent in to get repaired. I wanna remind you, that at this time i didnt own the T100 for even one week. I could have sent it back to the shop, but that was the only shop and only T100 that was availabe at that time. So i was going with the repair option.

one Week later i got it back and now it's charging from every 5V charger
    janner43 and rscheller like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I picked up 2 units. The T100-C1 and C2. The C2 has this problem. When I first received it, I just used my MicroUSB charger that was already on my desk and plugged in for my phone. Provided full charge and was used by my son all day. When he tried to recharge, he used the charger that came w/ it. No go... not charging, says plugged in, not charging... Now trying it out w/ our universal MicroUSB Charger. Would really hate to have to send this back already... its brand new!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    11 times
    I have had my T100TA since Xmas and I just started getting this issue.

I didn't change anything. I am using the OEM adapter and original cable, although I have tried 3 different sets, all with the same results.

It says plugged in, but not charging. Tried deleting the battery from the Device Manager, no change.

Did a refresh of the tablet and resinstalled all updates, no change.

Now what is weird is that it is stuck at 40%. If I leave it plugged in, I can use the tablet and the battery percentage will not go down. It stays at whatever it is at. If I unplug it and use it, then it starts dropping down, but if I plug it back in, it will just stay at that point, it won't start going back up to where it was before, the charger only seems to maintain whatever it is at.

Do you think that this is a hardware issue, or rather a software issue where it simply isn't reporting the proper battery level?

The issue now, is that the reported battery level is below what it will allow me to try a different BIOS, or even a full restore, so I am sorta stuck here... If it goes dead, that's it, I have a paperweight?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    11 times
    Well, did all the resets, anything I could think of, just isn't working, so I called Asus, they gave me an RMA# and I am sending it in to them. I will let them fix or replace it and in the meantime I may just order up a Dell Venue 11 Pro, and sell the Asus when it comes back. My fiance loves her Dell, the screen is way better, it's faster, etc...

We shall see, I need to ponder this a bit...
    rickscheller likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Same problem here.

I bought the T100TA-DK007H two months ago and never had any problems until this weekend. The battery's on 5% since Saturday. Leaving it plugged in all night (the orange light is on) doesn't help. I've used the original charger and another cable plugged into my running desktop PC (as suggested in another thread): didn't help me. The Transformer runs fine with the charging cable plugged in, it just doesn't charge the battery. "4% verbleiben (Netzbetrieb, wird nicht aufgeladen)" - in English: 4% remaining (plugged in, not charging)

BIOS version 307. Thought about upgrading to 313, but with 4% battery left, I'm not sure if this would be feasible.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
    Same problem here.

I bought the T100TA-DK007H two months ago and never had any problems until this weekend. The battery's on 5% since Saturday. Leaving it plugged in all night (the orange light is on) doesn't help. I've used the original charger and another cable plugged into my running desktop PC (as suggested in another thread): didn't help me. The Transformer runs fine with the charging cable plugged in, it just doesn't charge the battery. "4% verbleiben (Netzbetrieb, wird nicht aufgeladen)" - in English: 4% remaining (plugged in, not charging)

BIOS version 307. Thought about upgrading to 313, but with 4% battery left, I'm not sure if this would be feasible.
    That's what mine was doing. Go to the Asus website, register it and get an RMA issued, the port on the tablet itself is bad and it needs a new motherboard.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,
    thanks for your post. I did just that and I'm now typing this reply on my Asus with a new motherboard.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links