Like Tree6Likes

Thread: "plugged in, not charging"

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Great, I ordered this and was so excited to use it. Sold my iPad as this is replacing it and what do I get...Plugged in, not charging.

I have the T100TA-DK042H so I was hoping that most issues would have been sorted out.

I contacted the retailer and he has ordered me a new unit. I didn't want to update BIOS or anything. I just want a product that works as it should, out the box.

Its strange, because if I have it plugged in, it wont really lose charge on medium brightness but it wont charge, no matter if it is shut down completely and left for hours. I'm a little afraid that Asus are releasing an incredibly poor product but I only need it for the next 6 months so hoping the replacement unit is decent until then.

When I opened mine it was at 100% charge. Is that normal? Every unboxing I have seen, it seems that the batteries had a tiny bit of charge to start with. Also, mine didnt have a protective plastic sheath around the screen and keyboard. It came in a material bag thing. I started thinking that maybe I got a refurbished unit.
    Last edited by RandomGRK; 12-02-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    I didn't want to update BIOS or anything. I just want a product that works as it should, out the box.
    Updates are required to be kept current by the end user for enhancements to device security, operational functionality, hardware enhancements, etc. Any contemporary computer operated device will need updating to stay current. That's just a fact of life.

FYI, it's possible, with your model#, that there is a BIOS update that may fix your charging issue.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    Updates are required to be kept current by the end user for enhancements to device security, operational functionality, hardware enhancements, etc. Any contemporary computer operated device will need updating to stay current. That's just a fact of life.

FYI, it's possible, with your model#, that there is a BIOS update that may fix your charging issue.
    Agreed, updates are required to keep products current and improve on them, but this unit doesn't even charge. You cannot sell a product to the public that is so faulty. This isnt Call of Duty or Battlefield.

Is there any risk in updating the BIOS? Can they say that I caused the problem and does it affect warranty at all?

One last thing, all I do is download the BIOS utility and the BIOS 313 update right? Only those two are needed? Anything else?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    You may already have the BIOS update utility on your T100. It's called Winflash. Just go to the start screen and do a search for Winflash...

CAUTION... don't use Easyflash.

Yes, just download BIOS 313, unzip it and then run Winflash and point to the unzipped BIOS file. If the system really believes it's not plugged in to the charger, Winflash won't let you proceed. Then it's time to replace it.

Updating the BIOS will not affect the warranty.
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks man. Just did that and it now says charging. Its gone up 1% so I shut it down to see if its working and will check back in 10mins.

Fingers crossed.

*Edit Seems to be working great. I was at 69% and now at 74%.
    Last edited by RandomGRK; 12-02-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomGRK View Post
    Thanks man. Just did that and it now says charging. Its gone up 1% so I shut it down to see if its working and will check back in 10mins.

Fingers crossed.

*Edit Seems to be working great. I was at 69% and now at 74%.
    Super... glad you got it.

Once it's charged, at some point you'll want to run Asus Live Update followed by Windows Update.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Before anyone gives up if the tablet will not power hold down, gently, the power button for up to 30 seconds or until the table initializes the boot cycle. Sometimes it will work with the USB power cable plugged in other times you need to plug it in ASAP when the boot cycle starts. Tfor2 described the fix to delete the battery driver correctly. ASUS advice's downloading a copy of the driver before deleting it. This happens battery issue has happened on several "T" series devices. I have observed on my personal device that the issue occurs after Windows updates occasionally.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    4 times
    Same problem and is driving me nuts!

I have Asus t100ta 64GB + 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise, Bios is 314 version.
    Everything was working properly last night until the battery was low, plugged the charger (original one) and noticed that after 7 – 8 hrs. it was showing only 20% charged.
    Then I removed the charger and reset the laptop, plugged my Asus again and waited overnight to be charged. In the morning, light was still orange !? and the percentage was low again – some 23%.
    Then I unplugged the charger and noticed how fast, in 3- 2 minutes literally, battery dropped to 9% rapidly to 3% and asked me to charge it again.
    The lights blinks, all is working like usual – orange light is on during charge, it shows that is charging and starts to calculate the percentage left to full charge, but doesn’t show any!
    Never had a problem with battery or issue with charging before and this sudden battery drop is very strange.

Any suggestions how to fix this ?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Check the charger is outputting correctly. If it is you have symptoms of a failed battery.
    abrakadabra likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    I suggest you use a search engine as their are several other forums that cover this topic. Try "blinking white light android" Good luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links