Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Wireless and Battery

Hi there folks,

I want to first off start by saying hello. This is my first dip with a Windows 8 tablet, so please bare with me.

So, i just picked up this unit yesterday and have to admit i am rather unimpressed. I am having three specific issues that are driving me insane. I have searched the forum but cannot find a specific answer to my questions.

I hope someone can give me some insight and help me out!

i)Wifi seems to go from my regular 20mbps down to 0.61 a lot. It happens so much that every two or three webpages i visit are super slow to load. I changed the drivers from new to old and vice versa and i ensure my router was correctly setup. Any suggestions?

ii)My battery seems to want to die rather quickly. I am at 89% an have been using it for about 10 minutes. Wifi is on. Bluetooth is off and brightness is set to 0.

iii) Charging. This is more of a question hen a problem. Is there a way to decrease the charging time?

I appreciate any help i can get.

Thank you

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

I think your problem is more likely to be your WiFi router than the tablet. Try restarting the router for starters.

LjL
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    I can only give a potentially useful answer for number 3: if your T100 comes with a 2A charger, keep in mind that (some?) 3A chargers should work and charge faster, since certain T100 models - mainly the ones with an HDD in the dock, I imagine - come with one.
    Of course it's only a 50% increase, but it's surely better than nothing.
    You should also ensure the tablet goes into standby mode during charging.

I recommend you try playing a bit with the "powercfg" command. You must run it from an elevated command prompt: right click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin). The command has several options to create detailed reports about what is using the battery, when and how much.
    See PowerCfg - The hidden energy and battery tool for Windows you're not using - Scott Hanselman for instance for an explanation (and of course, "powercfg /?" for a complete list of options).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi there,

That was one of my thoughts as well. I tried that last night and it did not seem to work. I tried hard wiring my desktop as well and it has stellar performance. I also compared it to my Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nexus 4, both of which have consistent 20mbps wireless connections.

So in this circumstance, its definitely something with the tablet. I have also assigned a different IP on my network to see if that would work, unfortunately it did not.

ALSO, thanks for the battery tip. I will give it a shot later today

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Check the wireless settings.

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...-problems.html

A couple of threads down. The default settings are not very good. Also for whatever reason, enable Xpress too. It shouldn't do anything, unless you are running a broadcom router that also supports it...but it seems to even on my non-Broadcom chipset/radio old netgear router.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey guys,

I thought i would update. I reset the unit back to factory and did not run any of the Asus updates.. Voila! The wireless is much better.
    Thanks for all the help guys!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    I am pretty sure its just the wireless update that is doing it to you. A number of people have issues with the later Broadcom wifi drivers. Most don't seem to...but a lot (like me) do. Everytime a new one comes out I keep hoping it'll work...and it keeps working worse than the last update. So I am pretty resigned to stay with the shipping driver (.198.168 MS signed driver).

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links