Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By FrillyBits

Thread: Asus T100 - Battery always 100% - How to solve that ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Asus T100 - Battery always 100% - How to solve that ?

Asus T100 - Battery always locked on 100% - How to solve that ?

After upgrading BIOS 304 and some others from Asus, the battery level is always freezed on 100%...

I tried BIOS 303, the 227 and it changes nothing for the battery level indicator.

In Services, i tried - with no succes - to launch ACPIPMI (for the ACPI gauge). But is it there the problem ?

From Asus, i loaded AKPackage_Win81_32_VER100031.zip
    (ATKACPI driver...) and no chance for install it...

After launching setup.exe, the message is Another version is installed and need to be removed first...

So there is no way to do that ! No special Asus Panel, No desinstall in the Asus repertory (inside Program Files), nothing from Asus Live Update, and nothing around that in the Windows Program suppression panel ...

What the hell !

Is there a simple solution ?

Thanks a lot...

Last edited by Schol; 04-02-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Go to add/remove programs to uninstall the current package.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    Go to add/remove programs to uninstall the current package.

Thanks but i practice WIndows since Windows 3.1 !

There is no this package here on my T100 add/remove programs section ?

What is the name you see in it ?

Have you a screen capture ?

How to remove something i don't find except in "Program File \ Asus" but without desinstall option (read me again : nothing around that in the Windows Program suppression panel) ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Schol; 04-02-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, got the same issue since yesterday, battery always shows 100%, batterybar says no battery and on power supply, although I'm only on the battery...
    I'm on battery since severals hrs now, with the hdd dock connected, always at 100%, and when I want to connect PS it says "battery is fully charged" with the white led on the screen ???!!!

Don't think the package you mentionned is faulty (ie ATK package) wich is visible on "add/remove progs" panel, I've tried to uninstall it and install previous ATK package and nothing changed...

I've also made 2 reset factory with no success...

It looks like the battery needs to be calibrate, but there's no tool to do that...

Powercfg/batteryreport has no informations regarding my battery voltage...

I've send email to Asus and waiting for their reply...
    I'm currently waiting for the battery to be completely out of charge now... it's connected since 5hrs now with the 500gb dock.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Schol View Post
    Thanks but i practice WIndows since Windows 3.1 !

There is no this package here on my T100 add/remove programs section ?

What is the name you see in it ?

Have you a screen capture ?

How to remove something i don't find except in "Program File \ Asus" but without desinstall option (read me again : nothing around that in the Windows Program suppression panel) ?

Thanks
    Under control panel, programs, uninstall a program its listed as ATK Package manufacturer Asus. So, not sure why you are not seeing it or if you are looking in completely the wrong place.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Danpheel View Post

I've send email to Asus and waiting for their reply...
    FYI: I would CALL Asus via their support phone #'s rather than email them. We have noticed sometimes members have reported very slow response to emails. You can find the support #'s via ASUS

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Danpheel View Post
    ...It looks like the battery needs to be calibrate, but there's no tool to do that...
    Battery Calibration ? Battery University
    Calibration occurs naturally by occasionally running the equipment down until the battery is fully depleted and “Low Battery” appears. The full discharge sets the discharge flag, and the subsequent recharge sets the charge flag. By establishing these two markers, the battery can calculate the state-of-charge by knowing the distance between the flag
    So, use the T100 until you get the Low Battery message which appears at 6% (unless you changed it) Turn the T100 off and plug in the battery charger, walk away and don't touch it for at least 8 hours, charging it while you sleep would probably be the best time
    If the T100 doesn't give you a Low Battery warning then it should go into Hibernation at Critical Battery which is at 2%. Plug in the battery charger, turn on the T100 to bring it out of Hibernation, turn off the T100 then walk away and don't touch it for at least 8 hours

But, twice I've had the battery meter stuck on a percentage and checking with another battery meter tool gives the same result. The last time mine was stuck on 86% but when I connected it to the charger it did increase when charging, I unplugged it at 90% and used the T100 to watch a video on battery power for about 100 minutes but the battery meter was still at 90% (meter goes up but not down)
    Both times the battery meter 'fixed' itself, all I did was turn the T100 off and leave it off for a few hours to make sure the battery was cooled down. Then I would start it up and use it for a few hours then turn it off again, basically I was turning it off instead of using sleep.
    It didn't fix itself straight away but after a few turn offs and starts it began to work properly again.
    Last edited by FrillyBits; 04-03-2014 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Clarification
    jimmie and Swipe like this.
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)
    Asus MemoPad HD 7 - Android - 16GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    FYI: I would CALL Asus via their support phone #'s rather than email them. We have noticed sometimes members have reported very slow response to emails. You can find the support #'s via ASUS
    They've responded to my mail very quicly, although their answer was my T100 needs to be replaced, wich I'd rather think it's a "too easy answer" no to have for them to check further if there's valid solution to that...
    So I decided to let the battery drain to check... my T100 suddenly comes off w/o warning... then i pluggeg the PS, and try to turn it on, the orange light was blinking... I've wait for about 20mins and then I got a "battery needs to be charged" on screen logo... so I've waited about 30min more and then the T100 was turning on, and finally the battery was showing the charge...
    Then i decided to let it charging to 100%... when it was done, I unplugged the PS, and the batterybar info was still showing "on PS" ???!!!
    I let it off during 1 or 2 hrs and switch it on again, and finally showing "on battery"

But what I find very strange is the result of powercfg/battery report : no informations regarding the mWh capacity of my battery... is it normal ???
    battery2.JPG
    battery1.JPG
    battery3.JPG

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Same issue here, no information about mWh ... But I can see it in BatteryBar ...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links