Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ihartley

Thread: who is not here try to install extra battery in keybord dock ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

who is not here try to install extra battery in keybord dock ?

I think that if iron in keybord is removed it can be space for installing extra battery

who is not here to have idea about that?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    12 times
    We need a wiring diagram of the dock connector before anything like that can be worked out.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Yup.

That said, you could bodge the dock to include the battery from a powerbank (removed from the shell of course) and integrate the micro USB and whatever charging port the power bank has in to the right edge of the dock, and then all you'd need is a short micro USB to micro USB cable to power up the tablet from the battery in the dock.

I've been vaguely (VERY vaguely) intrigued by this concept. I'd rather, if it ever becomes possible, consider integrating it through the dock connector though.

Battery life is already pretty darned good, but if I can integrate a 60-120GB SSD and a 3000-4000ma battery in to the dock...why not? I love to tinker.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    Yup.

That said, you could bodge the dock to include the battery from a powerbank (removed from the shell of course) and integrate the micro USB and whatever charging port the power bank has in to the right edge of the dock, and then all you'd need is a short micro USB to micro USB cable to power up the tablet from the battery in the dock.

I've been vaguely (VERY vaguely) intrigued by this concept. I'd rather, if it ever becomes possible, consider integrating it through the dock connector though.

Battery life is already pretty darned good, but if I can integrate a 60-120GB SSD and a 3000-4000ma battery in to the dock...why not? I love to tinker.
    Let us know what you come up with!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by williambs55 View Post
    Let us know what you come up with!
    If/when, I will. Not something I am likely to attempt until either A) my warranty is up or B) I happen to have a bit of spare change and the opportunity to buy a spare dock. Since it would likely be a couple of weekend long project, either way I hack it up, and no guarantees I wouldn't just fuggly up the dock, I wouldn't want to do it on my only dock and I wouldn't want to try to integrated it with the dock circuitry (even with a how too) until the warranty is up.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    As nice as the idea sounds in the abstract, there would be significant challenges beyond the physical challenge of getting it to fit in. How would you make the system aware of it to report its charge level in the System Tray? How would you balance the recharging between the factory battery and the franken-battery? How about rechaging the dock battery when the keyboard is disconnected from the tablet? How to manage that?

I still love the idea. It just seems there's a significant number of practical issues making it even more of a challenge. 'Seems quite a bit easier to just get an external rechargeable USB power pack.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    So, who dosent have Idea for useing the space ?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    16 times
    I was planning to put some sandwiches in there....
    Swipe, eejit and janner43 like this.

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    ^^^^^^^^^

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1324 View Post
    So, who dosent have Idea for useing the space ?
    I don't.

I just leave this sort of thing up to the engineers at ASUS. They've been building these convertible tablet/keyboard things for a while and I know they put the steel plate in the keyboard of mine to balance the weight so it doesn't tip over like some of the earlier Android ones did. I'm just fine with that.

As for the rest. Well I get 9-10 hours of battery life at worst most of the time anyway, I use my T100 without the keyboard at least 75% of the time anyway. So I guess I appreciate the enthusiasm, but, no, my T100 is just fine. I haven't even put enough stuff on my 64 GB to require me to buy an SD card. I'm certainly not feeling the need for an HD in my keyboard, or a battery.

For me this is a (relatively) inexpensive toy. Within a year or two, something else similar will come out that will surpass it in specs and add in some other things I really like and I'll probably buy one of those. My money, time and energy I save for that time. I have no need nor desire to tinker unless something is broken and I need to repair it and thankfully *knock on wood* my T100 has been flawlessly reliable so far.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links