Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Asus t100 sleep battery drain problem - share your battery life & settings info

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Asus t100 sleep battery drain problem - share your battery life & settings info

My transformerbook is 100% charged. I leave it in sleep for an hour and the battery has been drained 10%. There are not metro apps or programs running in ram. Just the windows and background processes. Any ideas? Thanks

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    911 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jdizon0907 View Post
    My transformerbook is 100% charged. I leave it in sleep for an hour and the battery has been drained 10%. There are not metro apps or programs running in ram. Just the windows and background processes. Any ideas? Thanks
    What about WIFI....BlueTooth....and other things like that still running - those use more battery power than all the apps combined.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I make sure to turn off WIFI before leaving it along for long periods. I wish there was an app that automatically did that for me.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    I actually just had this same exact thing happen to me. I've been using this guy for over a month, never had a battery drain issue.

Charged it all last night, didn't check it this morning but when I got home today (around 13-14 hours later) it was dead without having been used once. I mean wouldn't turn on dead.

I ran powercfg /sleepstudy and batteryreport and generated the reports. It seems like SD card host is the main culprit (if I am reading the sleepstudy thing correctly...it is a bit over my head), followed closely by something called "BI" and then the WiFi

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chris41336 View Post
    I actually just had this same exact thing happen to me. I've been using this guy for over a month, never had a battery drain issue.

Charged it all last night, didn't check it this morning but when I got home today (around 13-14 hours later) it was dead without having been used once. I mean wouldn't turn on dead.

I ran powercfg /sleepstudy and batteryreport and generated the reports. It seems like SD card host is the main culprit (if I am reading the sleepstudy thing correctly...it is a bit over my head), followed closely by something called "BI" and then the WiFi
    Thank you so much. I will try running batteryreport and check my battery usage. This was very helpful.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jdizon0907 View Post
    Thank you so much. I will try running batteryreport and check my battery usage. This was very helpful.
    No problem, unfortunately it is more of a tool to find the problem rather than a solution.

If anyone has any ideas why my SD Card Host was so active last night as to utterly drain my battery, I'd love to keep it from happening again! lol

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chris41336 View Post
    No problem, unfortunately it is more of a tool to find the problem rather than a solution.

If anyone has any ideas why my SD Card Host was so active last night as to utterly drain my battery, I'd love to keep it from happening again! lol
    I took a look on my sleepstudy report and I too have the Intel SD Card host as the number one offender.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    Do you guys have a micro SD card in your T100's when it's sleeping? I am not certain, but I think I noticed issues with battery drain during sleep when I recently received a micro sd card and have left this in ever since. I will try sleeping without this in later to see if it makes a difference and it would be good if others could try too.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    911 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_g View Post
    Do you guys have a micro SD card in your T100's when it's sleeping? I am not certain, but I think I noticed issues with battery drain during sleep when I recently received a micro sd card and have left this in ever since. I will try sleeping without this in later to see if it makes a difference and it would be good if others could try too.
    Checked out the battery use with or without the microSD card - virtually no difference.

The WIFI, BlueTooth, and active Metro apps have the greatest potential battery use when the display is put into the "Off" mode. Turning off BlueTooth and/or WIFI makes the biggest difference in reducing dormant tablet battery drain.

It is anticipated that changes will come in a future BIOS update to allow settings to address this automatically (instead of having to do so manually to preserve battery power to the maximum levels.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    I don't really use any Metro apps and have tried putting the tablet into airplane mode before sleeping amongst stopping the ASUS touch panel patch etc and nothing seems to have reduced the unacceptable battery drain levels when in sleep mode so it sounds like removing the micro sd card is another waste of time

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links