Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Asus t100 sleep battery drain problem - share your battery life & settings info

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    On my t100ATF, I have problems with loosing charge overnight. From reading some of the previous comments, seems like users are placing their asus in hibernate or sleep mode overnight? I have been turning mine to OFF (shutdown). It drains under that condition as well. If I disconnect the keyboard, the drain is minimal, I can get 2-3 days out of it with light use. A user suggested using some small disc's, I have since installed some small 1.5 cm Velcro circular stickies on the upper corners of the screen. Will see what happens next.

I am still on version 206 for BIOS, don't know if updating to 300? would solve some of these problems at the risk of bricking my Transformer. Ran the sleep study, here is my biggest offender. Can't get a grip on what it means.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by meebers; 03-14-2017 at 04:18 PM. Reason: UPdate info

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Have been enjoying my T100ATF for several months now. Instant start, low battery consumption, minimal discharge over night etc. Then on the last windows 10 update (maybe coincidental) the original problem is back. Even with the thing power off, keyboard disconnected, WiFi off, all apps in the background off etc, battery is taking a nose dive overnight. Hate to buy a new battery and the problem continued... It is great while it works, but it has become a PITA lately again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    1 times
    So. I have been enjoying my Asus t100 very much but I also suffer from battery drain. BUT. Yesterday I was searching this forum and read all the information. I went through some of them in the past already. Yesterday I decided to check my BIOS version. After a few attempts I was able to display the BIOS screen and I have version 314 installed. The latest. I was going through the various settings but found no settings that needed to be adjusted. I decided to Load the default settings for some reason and then save and exit to restart. Then it said the software/tablet needed to be readjusted. Which I did. And then it was restarted. The battery percentage was 25%. At 8.30 pm I pushed the shut down button shortly to get it into sleepmode. I closed it. This morning at 6.30 am I reopened it and it said 23% battery life. THIS WAS LOOKING GOOD!! I charged it till 100% till 10 am. I closed it and at 2 pm it said 95%. At 4 pm it said 93%. So my question is: has anyone tried this and what results did you get?

I don't know if this will remain this way but it looks good to me. If for some reason (Windows update) the battery drain returns, I will try this option again.

I hope you will have the same results as me.
    janner43 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by molnarj View Post
    Everytime Windows updates, review all your power, security, privacy settings. Microsoft are asshats and change things even if they say they don't.

WiFi roaming and sleep / wake will add drain... And now the non existent WiFi Sense was a big cause for headache too.

Turn off all background apps too. Tell Cortana to delete herself if you don't use voice.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links