Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Asus t100 sleep battery drain problem - share your battery life & settings info

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Dear all,

Please, I have some problem with my T100TAS battery. Here is my conditions

1. Asus Transformerbook T100TAS, 32 Gb, with docking keyboard
    2. I have uninstalled the original windows and wipe out its recovery partition. I do clean install with some "illegal" windows 8.1
    3. I got battery drain when the computer put into sleep mode. I used some kind of cover/leather case with magnet inside (IVSO brand). I have update windows, update from bios 207 to 313, i have check from powercfg and everything is green.
    1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

Thank you for your help
    David

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    I read up to "I do clean install with some "illegal" windows 8.1"... and stopped.

Why would you do that? There's no reason to do that. I suggest you research here a bit on how to "legally reinstall Windows"... do that and see how things go.
    Caster and Swipe like this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm really disappointed with this device (t100TA with the 3775 cpu), purely because of the terrible battery life I'm getting. I've narrowed it down to the dock however.
    While connected to the keyboard, with the lid opened OR closed, and the screen off:
    Significant battery depletion (10% an hour I'd say)
    Charging sometimes has no effect (charges from dead battery to around 10% and then decreases and increases again but never to full charge).

If the device is on and/or the keyboard is detached I get no battery depletion and it actually charges well while when put to sleep without the keyboard connected it loses about 1% every 2 hours which is acceptable.

This is all with wifi on and no apps running.
    Last edited by Raeksis; 04-03-2015 at 05:54 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Dear Rickscheller

Finally I have found a way to legally reinstall windows and office for my T100.

after conducted several updates, I still have problem with battery drain. From Sleep study report, everything is green .... but it consumes almost 10% energy per hour.

Please help me solve this problem,

Thank You. David

1.PNG2.PNG

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    1 times
    It's very odd.

I have the battery drain issue in sleep mode with my T100TAF like everyone else here. BUT if I put it in sleep and do NOT close it the battery does not drain at all. So something in the keyboard seems to be causing the drain, but what? I don't think it's the track-pad as even when I disable it it still drains. Are there magnets in the keyboard, maybe they are helping to drain the battery?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Greetings, new to forum. Within the last 2 weeks, my asust100 is loosing battery charge. 100%charged before shutdown, power on in the morning, approx 8 hrs, battery is discharged. In reading this forum, KB2919355 was installed on 3/18/14, viewed installed updates, 2919355 selected, but no option to uninstall/change. Trying other installed updates as a test, some are offered an uninstall and others are not? ..9395 is not.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    1 times

A solution to save all of you.

A SOLUTION TO SAVE ALL OF YOU.

I have found a very very very very simple solution to this. I have had the problem on my own and i discovered the solution to it one day while being on youtube. I was watching a video, when someone came up, so I thought i would watch it later and i conveniently closed my laptop lid. Whilst i was talking to that person, the music from the youtube video started playing again, which is when i realized that the ergonomics of this device are terrible. as something touches the keyboard and consequently wakes the device when i close the lid. solution? simple. i stuck a small earring disc, that i got from my mother on both sides of the screen, i.e. at top right and top left corner. as a result, the screen always rests a certain distance above the keyboard and after that, my battery problems have disappeared. now i lose around 3% battery when i just close my lid the entire night. It works. trust me. But now i have another battery problem, for which i genuninely have no solution for. : \ lets see what has to be done. Please try and it and let me know if it works!!!

The discs are something like this. they're about 4-6mm thick and have like a 4mm diameter.
    http://www.starstruckllc.com/page/SSL/PROD/SST-402
    Last edited by sculptedstylus; 02-17-2016 at 06:39 AM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tandroid View Post
    A SOLUTION TO SAVE ALL OF YOU.

I have found a very very very very simple solution to this. I have had the problem on my own and i discovered the solution to it one day while being on youtube. I was watching a video, when someone came up, so I thought i would watch it later and i conveniently closed my laptop lid. Whilst i was talking to that person, the music from the youtube video started playing again, which is when i realized that the ergonomics of this device are crap. as something touches the keyboard and consequently wakes the device when i close the lid. solution? simple. i stuck a small earring disc, that i got from my mother on both sides of the screen, i.e. at top right and top left corner. as a result, the screen always rests a certain distance above the keyboard and after that, my battery problems have disappeared. now i lose around 3% battery when i just close my lid the entire night. It works. trust me. But now i have another battery problem, for which i genuninely have no solution for. : \ lets see what has to be done. Please try and it and let me know if it works!!!

The discs are something like this. they're about 4-6mm thick and have like a 4mm diameter.
    Plastic Discs for Earring Backs: Star Struck
    I do something very similar - but it doesn't work 100% of the time. Sometimes, however careful I am, the thing just won't sleep.

The only workaround is to remember not to shut the lid, but to take the thing apart and manually turn it off. Annoying, but otherwise you can have it with you during the day and find after driving around that it has lost 50% of the battery while "sleeping" in your case.

rjstep3
    T100HA 64GB
    T100 64GB (now retired in the light of the HA)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, what has COMPLETELY stopped standby battery drain for me:

Go to Windows 10 Settings -> Privacy Settings -> Backround Apps -> and disabled every background app.

My overnight battery drain is down to 1-2% total. I hope this helps some of you! Cheers!
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Windows 10 - 32bit

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by opusv View Post
    Hello all,

it was very frustrating to buy a new device, got all updates, and still have a battery's drain issue as described in this topic.

Actually I believe nobody should buy devices with such bad karma as Asus t100. Users are not beta-testers for Asus.

I spend hours to solve the issue as I just want to have a working device in my bag no matter how many hours it wasn't in use.

It seems Microsoft was just a fantasy on how they get to post-PC age and so they invented this 'Standy Sleep' which is not working properly for years.

So I just switched off Standby Sleep Mode.

To do that you need to go to the register editor, find this line

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnab led

and switch it to 0.

After rebooting you get full energy settings and, yes, you can set Hibernation as an default action when you power off PC (that is what I did).

You also get many useful settings, and the only loss is Sleep Mode (which wasn't working anyhow).

Good luck.

Not sure if any one still in troubles read this thread, I would like to say Thank You to opusv, this solution solve my problem 99.5%, even tho now it only goes to Hibernate but the start-up time is few seconds only so it is still kinda acceptable and more importantly I dont have to charge the T100 every day....

It is a nightmare and I have spent more than a week looking for solution since bought the T100 TAF.

In my case, I did a factory reset, battery drain stil there with Win8.1, both Patches mentioned were installed as out of the box.
    I test the battery drain severity both with dock connected and without, also lid closed and lid stayed open
    I disable wifi as well as any background app running/notification as much as I can

I would say without upgrading to Win10, disable the Connected Standby mode as per OPUSV's suggestion above is valid, and just change all your close-lid / press power-button to Hibernate instead after you have done the change in registry and restarted the windows.
    Last edited by rayway99; 01-12-2016 at 07:46 PM.

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links