Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Asus t100 sleep battery drain problem - share your battery life & settings info

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekartey View Post
    That's awesome, wish I had that same luck. I'm updated all the way to yesterday, 304 bios and everything, and I'm still seeing upwards of 1%/hour drain with the tablet docked (HDD dock) and the lid closed (8 hr test)

just to confirm, did you just push the off button without closing the lid? I'm not sure how that could make a difference (barring a lousy lid close detector), But am going to test it sleeping with the lid open for an hour or two now.
    My T100 with 500GB HD in keyboard, BIOS 304, all Windows and Asus updates except the latest Intel SOC update (I want to finish testing under these conditions first) and the BroadCom WiFi 5.93.99.187.1 I am still at 5.93.99.187 (see explanation below)

• Keyboard docked
    • Wifi On
    • Bluetooth always Off
    • Close lid or FN+f1 or power button to Sleep, it doesn't matter it's the same result
    My T100 loses about 1% per hour (8 hour test). This is the best result I have ever had so I am happy with this. I did update to BroadCom WiFi 5.93.99.187.1 but then I was losing 2.5% per hour under the above conditions.
    I had created a System Restore Point before updating (I always do) and when I restored back to it my battery drain went down to 1% per hour again. I don't see others complaining about BroadCom WiFi 5.93.99.187.1 so it might be just my T100.

• Tablet only (no keyboard)
    • Wifi On
    • Bluetooth always Off
    • Power button to Sleep
    My T100 loses about 0.3% per hour (8 hour test) so the keyboard and most likely the HD is causing the extra 0.7% battery drain

I will test with wifi Off (Airplane Mode) tonight when the T100 and I go to Sleep
    Last edited by FrillyBits; 09-04-2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)
    Asus MemoPad HD 7 - Android - 16GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I already have the latest SOC installed, though I installed it before the bios update. I'm going to download and reinstall it now, and see if it helps any.
    Lid closed/Lid open doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm still seeing 1% evey 8hours without dock (which is reasonable), and 1%+ drain/hour when the dock is attached (which is definitely not).

Next order of business, will put tablet in airplane mode while on Dock to see if that makes any difference. from what I'm reading here, probably wont.

I'm still very happy with this tablet and would be fine with keeping it off the dock most of the time. Just that it bugs me that it wont go to sleep like its supposed to.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrillyBits View Post
    My T100 with 500GB HD in keyboard, BIOS 304, all Windows and Asus updates except the latest Intel SOC update (I want to finish testing under these conditions first) and the BroadCom WiFi 5.93.99.187.1 I am still at 5.93.99.187 (see explanation below)

• Keyboard docked
    • Wifi On
    • Bluetooth always Off
    • Close lid or FN+f1 or power button to Sleep, it doesn't matter it's the same result
    My T100 loses about 1% per hour (8 hour test). This is the best result I have ever had so I am happy with this. I did update to BroadCom WiFi 5.93.99.187.1 but then I was losing 2.5% per hour under the above conditions.
    I had created a System Restore Point before updating (I always do) and when I restored back to it my battery drain went down to 1% per hour again. I don't see others complaining about BroadCom WiFi 5.93.99.187.1 so it might be just my T100.

• Tablet only (no keyboard)
    • Wifi On
    • Bluetooth always Off
    • Power button to Sleep
    My T100 loses about 0.3% per hour (8 hour test) so the keyboard and most likely the HD is causing the extra 0.7% battery drain

I will test with wifi Off (Airplane Mode) tonight when the T100 and I go to Sleep
    (I know that sounds a bit weird but we are just good friends )

My setup's exactly the same.
    I'm still on wifi driver 5.93.99.187. not going to update thanks to your post.

I just ran a WPA trace and closed the lid for an hour. Results : not sure if I'm reading this right, but all's quiet for 40 minutes, and then stuff starts happening. I'm seeing definite spikes in cpu activity - and HDD usage. The processes that are using the CPU the most in that state are avgsrx.exe and avgidsagent.exe, both avg anti-virus processes. I'm not sure if the system wakes up and then avg does what it has to do, or avg is waking the system up and then accessing the disk.

I'm going to uninstall avg and see if that helps.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    do i still need to disable the awake timer with the new bios?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zzricezz View Post
    do i still need to disable the awake timer with the new bios?
    If you're asking...what I think you're asking, then no.

The issue where an accidental key press could wake the T100 while it's closed/sleeping has been fixed in the 304 BIOS.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrillyBits View Post

Keyboard docked
    Wifi On
    Bluetooth always Off
    Close lid or FN+f1 or power button to Sleep, it doesn't matter it's the same result

Tablet only (no keyboard)
    Wifi On
    Bluetooth always Off
    Power button to Sleep

(I know that sounds a bit weird but we are just good friends )
    How did you get that score... I can only dream about similar to it
    PS. Do you use any apps working in a background? Like Facebook, e-mail, Skype?
    Cause I try to find a solution for my battery drain

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    love the new update !!!!.. only 4% lost in 12hrs !!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayoo View Post
    love the new update !!!!.. only 4% lost in 12hrs !!!!
    Mayoo, are you seeing that power drain on a dock with an internal HDD, or without one?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    I put my system to "Sleep" from the power menu around 11PM last night. I just got home from work (about 4PM), and battery went from 95% last night down to 16%. Also I noticed the keyboard stops working when it wakes up from sleep, but the touchpad works fine...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    My continuing observation is this:

All updates/bios present plus the infamous "failed" dock update (that keeps failing despite the driver file being installed).

That thing does what it wants to do. Sometimes it keeps a perfect charge in tablet mode, sometimes it dies overnight. And keep in mind, when it ACTUALLY works as it should, it becomes obvious the T100 has got an incredible potential for battery life - think 1% drain every 12 hours of stand by after 304 BIOS. So this CAN be done right, right? Alas, connecting the dock is a sure recipe for a morning juice request, no questions about it. The back of the dock (near the clamps) is unusually warm at SLEEP times. There is no clear pattern as to what exactly causes the drain when it occurs. I suspect some background apps/services (and bear in mind, this thing is in a nearly pristine state) are STILL working despite the whole device being ASLEEP. Go figure. I guess ASUS and MS have no clue as to what constitutes a proper "sleep", lol Maybe these guys just take naps. I don't have all the time in the world to test every possible scenario, switching apps or Wi-Fi on/off, etc. It's neither my job nor a hobby. I just want to use the thing, not to worry about when it decides to die. Despite all my appreciation for the T100 I accept it as a faulty device by design - on a hardware/software level. Maybe another BIOS and/or driver update will FINALLY set things right, but sadly, as of now, it's an experience in frustration.
    Last edited by MallyRain; 04-04-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links