Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Asus t100 sleep battery drain problem - share your battery life & settings info

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    What I did to my system, and im not sure if this affects sleep or not, is to disable BT from main menu as I dont need it. Others than that I have also disabled some of the live tiles on metro screen (finance, sports) and disabled auto update.

With these options my system draws almost zero power when sleeping. Even thou wifi works as often there are updates waiting for me when I resume it from sleep.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    I Will do an ultimate test later today. Gonna put it to sleep and let it rest for a day or even more, since its NY eve time and I wont need it. Pretty excited to see results

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having the same issues; sleep mode w/no use for a day or so, open it up to use, nothing, nada. Won't even turn on DEAD.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dare_v View Post
    I Will do an ultimate test later today. Gonna put it to sleep and let it rest for a day or even more, since its NY eve time and I wont need it. Pretty excited to see results
    So after 20 hours my tablet lost 3.5%. One thing to note thou, I am not using it with a dock, so when its sleeping its detached from dock, maybe those that have am issue with drain, use it docked?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Don't know about you, but I know that the HDD dock I have is definitely draining power when sleeping because the HDD is not turned off properly by the device.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    911 times
    So after 20 hours my tablet lost 3.5%. One thing to note thou, I am not using it with a dock, so when its sleeping its detached from dock, maybe those that have am issue with drain, use it docked?
    I get very close to those same drain results. In my case...while charged fully....after turning off the WIFI (and still connected to the keyboard dock).

YMMV
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi all

Been away and using mine but just lost 17% of battery in around 4 hours of connected standby hence why I'm back to see if anyone has solved this!? This was with wifi off etc :-(

Connected Standby Session 6
    START TIME DURATION ENERGY CHANGE CHANGE RATE % LOW POWER STATE TIME
    6 2014-01-04 12:14:56 3:58:13 4,981 mWh 17% of battery 1,255 mW Drain 0% HW: 0% ⋮

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    22 times
    Exactly. I have had a couple occasions where the machine completely drained in one day while "sleeping". It is because the screen comes on when you close the lid. I suspect it is hitting against the track pad or one or more keys and waking up the screen when closed. Since I almost always use mine with the dock attached, I just make sure I completely shut down if I am planning to leave it for any length of time.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    Exactly. I have had a couple occasions where the machine completely drained in one day while "sleeping". It is because the screen comes on when you close the lid. I suspect it is hitting against the track pad or one or more keys and waking up the screen when closed. Since I almost always use mine with the dock attached, I just make sure I completely shut down if I am planning to leave it for any length of time.
    Update...just went to turn the machine on, completely dead. After doing a COMPLETE SHUTDOWN yesterday. This has happened to me 2-3 times. Yikes.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    just a question: is this a problem of the tablet NOT SLEEPING or WAKING FROM SLEEP?

I have a feeling my tablet doesn't go to sleep even though i press the sleep button. (if i connect a usb drive the light stays on, i go to my wifi router and it says my device is active) is that normal?

having said that the drain is just under 1% per hour, sometimes down to 0.5% per hour. really weird

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links