Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Asus t100 sleep battery drain problem - share your battery life & settings info

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieZ View Post
    The battery size of the T100 does not compare to your Apple's, so the example is not really valid, is it? You are comparing apples and pears, so to say.

You might want to have a look at the scheduler activity in Windows or the quality of your wireless connection since the same complaints are quite common with phones (Android, iOS) and often can be linked to over-active apps or bad connections causing the device to put in extra effort to maintain it.
    No, not really, dear sir. It's perfectly valid when you consider the size of the things, screen estate, etc. Besides, it's a moot point, as I am not talking about Mac running 12 hours straight and T100 7 hours. I am talking T100 DYING overnight while not in use. And my wifi quality is of no concern, I have two iPads, two iPhones, MacAir and T100 all running along with a perfect signal strength. And sadly, only the T100 displays this ridiculous bahavior. You might want to re-read, as I mentioned the UNDOCKED tablet lost no more than a few percent over the course of a long sleep. I already re-tested this today, there is a 4-6% drain over the 24hr period, no more. Nothing to talk about. But it's the same drain over an HOUR while sleeping docked. You still want me to check my wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by benkongau View Post
    The reason of this issue is the Smart Gesture software, it always set the touchpad to wakeup the computer. You can see this activity in the system log. And because the touchpad is too sensitive, every time you close the lip then the touchpad wakeup the computer immediately. That's why you can find out there is a user input wakeup follow the close lip standby request in the system log.
    Yeah, it would be really great, only it drains docked with a lid OPEN, too Undisturbed. No cats to suddenly punch the keys or the touchpad. This is my observation so far - no dock = no excessive drain, dock = drain. Since the dock is essentially a USB keyboard with an HDD, I'd assume the HDD somehow won't spin down or there is a constant activity going on under the hood. Since the drive is empty, it's not a maintenance - or a maintenance done wrong.
    Last edited by MallyRain; 03-01-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    28 times
    MallyRain, although Asus would love you for the comparison Apple simply is a very different class. Hardware, price... it just doesn't compare.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by steven22 View Post
    I left it sleeping in the dock last night with 32% remaining, 8 hours later I opened it with 29% . The only change I made was disable wake with keyboard and mouse.

that is pretty good right? if I disable updates and wifi while sleeping it should be the best I could do probably

im running 225 bios
    How did you disable wake with keyboard and mouse.
    I disable it in device manager but device still wakes up when i touch keyboard or mouse.

Sent from my UMI X2 using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieZ View Post
    MallyRain, although Asus would love you for the comparison Apple simply is a very different class. Hardware, price... it just doesn't compare.
    That's where I disagree, unless you accept the idea Apple is out of this world and knows things others don't. I don't agree with the concept that cheaper products must be by acceptable definition somehow faulty because of their price tag. Ok, my T100 costs 1/2 of a 13 MacAir - but does it mean it's gotta have a "drain-fault"? I already accept its' less than stellar build quality, plasticity and even bulkiness. It still costs money. Besides, Apple products cost more for more reasons than just hardware, perfection and elitism being the most obvious ones. These atract those who admire shiny trinkets, but also those who like products "that just work". While I am not afraid of fumbling around with hardware, when I buy a device, I want it to work, not make me look for answers HOW to make it work.

To make this post less philosophical, I can now confirm, my T100 sleeps like a baby without being docked, loosing no more than 1-2% over a period o 8-10 hours. So, whatever it is that devours the battery, must live in the confines of the dock. I already tested that the drain is present with the lid OPEN, so it's not the touchpad or keyboard activating on it's own. If it's the drive spinnig up or something else, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by zackoj View Post
    How did you disable wake with keyboard and mouse.
    I disable it in device manager but device still wakes up when i touch keyboard or mouse.
    Ditto, ticked both "not make the device wake up", still, they both DO. Doesn't seem to matter in my case, as the power drain occurs with both lid closed and open, but I am puzzled why this setting does not seem to work.
    Last edited by MallyRain; 03-02-2014 at 07:39 PM.
    Ivan_oh and svimes like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    If the laptop is damaged may still be repaired, but if the battery has been damaged should replace all, it is disappointing, I have experienced the same thing, the solution had to be replaced.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quick question. Does automatic maintenance run during connected standby? I noticed that my cpu stays in C0 state @ 100% during some sessions of connected standby. I don't have a clue on why that is so.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    I feel tempted to open the dock and disconnect the drive to find out if it's the culprit

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

My solution - rubber feet

Hi, just thought I would share my experience with this issue, and my solution.

I had been getting excellent battery life from my T100 since new, with very little drain in sleep mode. Then about a week ago I started noticing that it was warm when taking it out of my bag and the battery seemed to be draining all the time. Basically the T100 would go to sleep when I closed the lid but then almost immediately woke up again and stayed that way, hence the drain.

Then I noticed that one of the three little rubber feet built into the keyboard dock that face the screen when closed, was missing - specifically the one under the track pad. Luckily I managed to find it and superglued it back on. Result - fixed! The T100 goes to sleep and no drain issues.

I've no idea why this should be, as the other two feet should keep the screen from touching the keys, and the foot itself only sticks up by about 1mm, so it doesnt seem as if it should make such a difference. However ever since I put it back on I have had no issues.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    1 times
    Except for the easily busted charger (dropped it from a mere height of 10 inches), my T100 goes to sleep very soundly (2-3% every 8 hours)

The only time it "mysteriously "drains while supposedly sleeping is when I've left an app running. So I've made it a habit to click Task Manager to see if any apps are running and end it. Once, the laptop drained from 61 to 47 (if I remember right) in a span of 8 hours, and it turns out I left the calculator open. So you guys might want to check your Task Manager.

Then again, killing tasks is a no-no in Android. I'm just not sure if it goes the same for Windows.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    10 times
    In my case, if I "safely remove hardware", that is T100 HDD, it doesn't drain during sleeping in my bag. The tab can still be connected with the dock, but the disk isn't running.

Just thought I'd share it with you, don't know if you've tried that.
    MallyRain likes this.

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links