Thread: Battery Life Tested and Tracked - the Results Show

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine_Coon View Post
    Just to let you guys know, I had to bring back AsPatchTouchPanel.exe, otherwise my touchpad refused to work.
    Thanks for the update.

Odd that it eats so much battery on yours.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    13 times
    Did you know that you can generate nice battery report from last 72 hours directly from Windows 8 command prompt?
    Just type:
    powercfg /batteryreport
    Here is mine:
    battery-report.zip
    I have a problem with drain when I leave it for night with keyboard attached.
    Maine_Coon likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    First post, got my t100 a couple of weeks ago. Really pleased overall, great little machine to replace my iPad.

My big gripe is the battery though. It just seems a bit random. Updating the BIOS over the weekend looked like it had done the trick, it was only draining about 1/2% per hour on sleep with no apps/programs running. However, today & yesterday I left it on sleep whilst at work (about 8 hours). Yesterday had drained from 97% to 48%, and today it went from 90% to 11%. Again, nothing running, just plugged into the dock & on sleep.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Is this normal? Coming from an iPad which I could leave for days and it'd drain at about 5% a day, is this just something I'll have to get used to? I don't particularly mind shutting down when I'm at work, as the 11 second boot time isn't really an issue, but it'd be better if there's a way to not have to do this every time I'm not using it.

I've done a battery report here: battery-report.zip showing the past couple of days.

If there's any other reports I can run to give more info I will, but I'm not too knowledgeable about stuff like this to be honest.

Thanks for any help

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    6 times
    Dumb question of the night: where do I FIND the battery report after I run the command? I did it x2, and each time something flashed on my screen and was gone in the blink of an eye. I've checked thru various and sundry folders, and i am unable to locate. Likewise, when I try to view each of yours, after I've unzipped the files and clicked the unzipped file to open it, the Chrome logo flashes on my screen and then I am returned to the Start screen. This seems like a very handy command, just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Signed,
    Not A Techie (but I get by)
    Last edited by Sandi9264; 12-17-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    it's just in C:\Users\**username**.
    Not sure why opening the .html file isn't working, maybe try opening it in a different browser?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    6 times
    There it is, and it opened in IE. Thanks, Thorpe!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    13 times
    BTW, an interesting fact. In my battery report I found this line:
    2013-11-23 - 2013-11-30 AC DURATION Active 0:05:04
    It looks like it was running for 5 minutes in factory, because I got it on 2013-12-04 :P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    So these are my tips for you guys:

Do you know that metro apps that are set to show info on lock screen do not go to sleep with the device? For example if you set skype to be on lockscreen and then go to sleep - you will still be able able to get messages and calls... Same thing with emails.. So if you want to improve your battery life while sleep - check what application did you grant access to show info on lockscreen...
    Also if you want to keep battery without completely shutting down - for example at night you can Hibernate your device.. It will FOR SURE keep the battery at best level
    BTW - to hibernate just run shutdown /h in console.. Or create a .bat file on your desktop to hibernate by doubleclick...
    Have fun!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elastep View Post
    So these are my tips for you guys:

Do you know that metro apps that are set to show info on lock screen do not go to sleep with the device? For example if you set skype to be on lockscreen and then go to sleep - you will still be able able to get messages and calls... Same thing with emails.. So if you want to improve your battery life while sleep - check what application did you grant access to show info on lockscreen...
    Also if you want to keep battery without completely shutting down - for example at night you can Hibernate your device.. It will FOR SURE keep the battery at best level
    BTW - to hibernate just run shutdown /h in console.. Or create a .bat file on your desktop to hibernate by doubleclick...
    Have fun!
    Thanks elastep. I had been using the hibernate solution, but I noticed that if I let the machine hibernate for more than a day (over the weekend, for example), it fails to resume properly (event log shows some kernel errors related to connected standby I believe) and cold starts the machine.

My current strategy is to put the machine in sleep mode with airplane mode enabled. I also disabled some automatic background processes as described here.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    46 times
    11% battery loss in 24 hours, brightness 100%, wifi and BT on, nothing turned off, just closed the lid.

I can live with this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links