Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Battery Life Tested and Tracked - the Results Show

  1. #11
    *Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    750
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    4,360
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    I tried Battery Optimizer on my T100... looked like an OK program but... it disabled my anti virus (Avast) and the only way I could get Avast re-enabled was to uninstall Battery Optimizer. Ooops!!!
    Avast doesn't always play nice with different devices.

    I've seen it malfunction/lock up certain hardware on occasion. Just sayin'.......
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

  2. #12
    Soundwave
    Member #
    11980
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    1 times
    Has anybody else tried deleting the AsPatchTouchPanel.exe?

  3. #13
    Soundwave
    Member #
    63364
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine_Coon View Post
    Update:

    I have found the offender and killed him

    It is a process called AsPatchTouchPanel.exe.

    After 1 hour sleep 0% battery loss.

    Wifi is on, brightness 100%
    Anyone else try deleting this item as well?

  4. #14
    Jazz
    Member #
    62620
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    UK
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    95
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    I tried Battery Optimizer on my T100... looked like an OK program but... it disabled my anti virus (Avast) and the only way I could get Avast re-enabled was to uninstall Battery Optimizer. Ooops!!!
    hasn't done it on mine, it did help to turn off wifi in sleep mode
    and also night in sleep (8 hours) it lost only 0.8% battery, used be over 2%

  5. #15
    Ratchet
    Member #
    63276
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    195
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine_Coon View Post
    Turned on Airplane mode and put it to sleep for one hour. It lost 10% of the battery in 1 hour!
    something weird is going on with my T100.

    Update:

    Downloaded and installed Battery Optimizer Battery Optimizer by ReviverSoft

    Killed couple of processes it reported as "most CPU-consuming". Will update in an hour.

    I totally refuse to lower Brightness from 100% BTW.
    Well considering the screen backlighting is in the top 3 energy consuming processes, you will probably have to live with less than optimal battery life if you're not willing to dim it at all. Though that wouldn't explain your battery drain while it's asleep of course. I hope you find a solution that works for you.

  6. #16
    Ratchet
    Member #
    63276
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    195
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine_Coon View Post
    Update:

    I have found the offender and killed him

    It is a process called AsPatchTouchPanel.exe.

    After 1 hour sleep 0% battery loss.

    Wifi is on, brightness 100%

    Ah ha! That makes sense. I believe that is the patch that kept the touchpad from going to sleep after a few minutes without use. Asus patched this because a lot of people were annoyed by the lag in response from the touchpad. With that deleted, the touchpad should go back to it's old habit of switching itself off after you haven't touched it in a minute or two to save energy.
    Maine_Coon likes this.

  7. #17
    Ratchet
    Member #
    62849
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    138
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SocialCarpet View Post
    Ah ha! That makes sense. I believe that is the patch that kept the touchpad from going to sleep after a few minutes without use. Asus patched this because a lot of people were annoyed by the lag in response from the touchpad. With that deleted, the touchpad should go back to it's old habit of switching itself off after you haven't touched it in a minute or two to save energy.
    Thanks, good info. Yeah, touchpad has a lag. But I got rid of insomnia This is much more important to me.

  8. #18
    Ratchet
    Member #
    62648
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Posts
    242
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SocialCarpet View Post
    Ah ha! That makes sense. I believe that is the patch that kept the touchpad from going to sleep after a few minutes without use. Asus patched this because a lot of people were annoyed by the lag in response from the touchpad. With that deleted, the touchpad should go back to it's old habit of switching itself off after you haven't touched it in a minute or two to save energy.
    Strange, mine has excellent battery life while sleeping and the the Asus Patch for Touch Panel (AsPatchTouchPanel.exe) is definitely running.

    My WiFi does compltely disconnect when sleeping, it often takes a few seconds to reconnect when it wakes. Occasionally I have to reconnect WiFi manually, but it has excellently battery life when sleeping.

  9. #19
    *Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    750
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    4,360
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Banise View Post
    Strange, mine has excellent battery life while sleeping and the the Asus Patch for Touch Panel (AsPatchTouchPanel.exe) is definitely running.
    Same here.

    The 3 components that use the bulk of the battery power are the display, WIFI, and of course the SSD.

    With the WIFI setting turned to OFF, the unit power button pressed to OFF, and the tablet/keyboard folded up into the "closed" position...the battery is still at 98% after 7 1/2 hours of sitting dormant with no AC adapter attached.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

  10. #20
    Ratchet
    Member #
    62849
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    138
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Banise View Post
    Strange, mine has excellent battery life while sleeping and the the Asus Patch for Touch Panel (AsPatchTouchPanel.exe) is definitely running.

    My WiFi does compltely disconnect when sleeping, it often takes a few seconds to reconnect when it wakes. Occasionally I have to reconnect WiFi manually, but it has excellently battery life when sleeping.


    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Same here.

    The 3 components that use the bulk of the battery power are the display, WIFI, and of course the SSD.

    With the WIFI setting turned to OFF, the unit power button pressed to OFF, and the tablet/keyboard folded up into the "closed" position...the battery is still at 98% after 7 1/2 hours of sitting dormant with no AC adapter attached.
    I don't know, guys, and frankly, i don't care.

    I don't turn anything off, don't push any buttons, just close the lid. And have a good battery life.

    that's exactly how I want it to function.
    candisfan likes this.

 

 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Battery life and external battery
    By vvhunter in forum Transformer Pad 300 General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 08:29 AM
  2. Transformer battery conditioning and battery life
    By sage55 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 09:49 PM
  3. Battery life?
    By tofu in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 03:16 PM
  4. battery life
    By as1024 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:50 PM.