Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Recommendations for Powerbanks / External battery backups that can charge the T100

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vpr5703 View Post
    As long as it doesn't drop below 4.75V you're OK. USB is 4.75 to 5.25 Volts by the specs.
    That is the spec for the voltage a USB port sources and has nothing to do with charging the T100, although I suspect the charging specs are close to that.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I got these I/O magic 2200mAh portable USB chargers, and they work 'ok'. Basically, if I watch a movie with my T100 connected to one of these to my microusb port, my T100 battery drops 10% per hour. Before, T100 would drop 15% battery per video viewing hour. The portable charger shows depletion, as well as T100 battery icon showing charging. These portable chargers are rated at 1A, not enough to charge the T100 while using, but enough to reduce the T100's consumption of its own internal battery.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

Powerbank that can charge the t100

Hi guys! I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a high capacity powerbank that is capable of charging the T100. Thanks!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    I would say, without being able to confirm this, that anything that says it can charge the Samsung S4 or Note 3 should be able to charge the T100. They appear to use the same USB charging spec and the T100 can deffinitely use the S4/Note 3 AC wall adapter.

I've been eyeing up some of the Anker battery banks myself and most of them are compatible with the S4/Note 3.

However, I have not tried any of them. I can confirm though that if it says it is Apple compatible, it will NOT work with the T100. There may be exceptions if it says that it works with BOTH Apple products and others, such as the S4/Note 3, but I'd personally be a lot more warry of that. I have a powerbank that is specifically for Apple devices and it will not charge my T100 (it actually discharged 3% while "charging" for half an hour in sleep mode), also every USB wall charger I have that is an Apple charger or Apple compatible will not charge my T100. Most of the non-Apple chargers work just fine with my T100 though.

So, for the most part, probably with some exceptions, you have "Will work with Apple" or "Will work with everything else". I will note that my Apple devices WILL charge with non-Apple compatible chargers, but only at 2.5w. My T100 will not even trickle charge with Apple compatible charger (reads 0W from the wall and even after several hours either gains 0, loses a percent or two or maybe shows 1 or 2 percent higher, which I figure is within the margin of error, this is charging when completely off).

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    27 times
    Maybe you are looking for something like that EasyAcc® 15000mAh External Battery Pack 5V: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    (if the T100 requires 15V as the TF series).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Awesome! Thanks guys will check those out!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    7 times
    The T100 requires USB voltage at around 5V. I use an Anker Astro 3 2nd Gen 12000 pack. The "smart" port puts out enough power to charge the tablet.
    Asus T100TA 32GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vpr5703 View Post
    The T100 requires USB voltage at around 5V. I use an Anker Astro 3 2nd Gen 12000 pack. The "smart" port puts out enough power to charge the tablet.
    Just to confirm, are you saying that you have successfully charged an actual T100 with the Anker Astro 3? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but lately I've been getting bad advice from people who said it "should" work but haven't actually tried it.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by seat4f View Post
    Just to confirm, are you saying that you have successfully charged an actual T100 with the Anker Astro 3? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but lately I've been getting bad advice from people who said it "should" work but haven't actually tried it.
    I am curious also as I am eyeing up the Anker Astro 1 and/or one of their slim ones. I kind of have to assume that if their Astro 3 will work that their other models will also (so long as it doesn't state Apple only).

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by seat4f View Post
    Yes I am. I have an Anker Astro3 12,000 mAh pack and it works wonderfully. There are times where the T100 spikes above tye 2.4A limit of the pack (I can tell this because the ring of lights blinks, indicating that the pack is shutting off because too much current is being pulled) This typically happens when I am using a USB 3.0 device (my little hard drive, specifically), but otherwise, works wonderfully. Of course, I can't get a full 0-100% charge off of it, just because the battery in the T100 is bigger than the batteries in the Astro3, and there are charging circuit losses as well. But, it does work and it works very well! If you get one, use the Smart port next to the MicroUSB charging port, it provides the most power.
    Asus T100TA 32GB

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links