Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Working Aftermarket Charger Thread

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    51 times

I'm using this same combination as well. Works great! Faster than the stock charger and the longer cord is more convenient too.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Got these 3 weeks ago and have used on the road as well as at home in the car....both work quite well, and are supposedly up to OEM specs.

They are back in stock as of yesterday....and at the same great price.

Amazon.com : Pwr+ 2 in 1 Bundle Combo Ac Adapter + Car Charger for Asus Transformer Tablet Book T100, T100ta-b1-gr, T100ta-c1-gr 10.1 Inch Convertible 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop Power Supply Cord : Touch Screen Tablet Computer Chargers And Adapters :
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    31 times
    The German T100 with a hard drive in the keyboard seems to ship with a 3 amp charger. Since all charging runs through the tablet, unless the tablet is physically different, it would suggest that all T100s should be able to accept up to 3000 ma of charge.

If we could find a 3amp charger, we could test this. The problem is that 3 amp USB chargers don't seem easy to find. There are many chargers marketed as 3 and 4 amp USB chargers, but they're all either dual, triple, or quad port chargers. The maximum amperage per port tends to be 2.1 amps.
    Last edited by Banise; 12-20-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vpr5703 View Post
    I work at a cell store, and can confirm that the OEM Chargers that come with Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 phones work very well when using the Asus OEM cable. Haven't tested a Samsung OEM cable yet, as they are usually in use flashing phones.
    I can confirm that using Stock Galaxy S4 Samsung charger, WITH the included Samsung cable, will have net positive gain in percentage battery charge while using the tablet at full brightness. I have not compared it to T100 stock charger but seems to do about 1-2% every 5 minutes, still slow but at least it's positive. These can be had cheaply, as evidenced by Ebay auction below showing x2 units for ~$15.

X2 Samsung Home Wall Charger USB for Galaxy S4 4 IV I9500 2 0 Amp ETA U90JWE | eBay

EDIT: Above post refers to USA market 64GB T100.
    Last edited by CojonesDeToro; 01-04-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vpr5703 View Post
    I work at a cell store, and can confirm that the OEM Chargers that come with Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 phones work very well when using the Asus OEM cable. Haven't tested a Samsung OEM cable yet, as they are usually in use flashing phones.
    Can you give a comparison in size between the Samsung S4 charger and the T100 charger? It looks like the S4 charger is more compact, and that would be very nice. The bag I have can fit the T100 charger in it, but its a mild stretch. Literally as it is a neoprene bag, so anything more than about .5" thick bulges the outside pocket out.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    7 times
    S4 Charger is a little longer but thinner. Works the same, though.
    Asus T100TA 32GB

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    8 times

S4 charger

S4 charger.

2 x 3.5 x 5 cm. Not including prongs. Cable is 5 feet. That's significant since the stock cable is short.

uploadfromtaptalk1389060314904.jpguploadfromtaptalk1389060351995.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by CojonesDeToro; 01-06-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Thanks!

I ordered mine yesterday and it shipped yesterday. $8 shipped for the S4 wall charger and a dual port 2+2amp car charger. Now fingers crossed they both work and don't fall apart. The thinner part is especially nice.

My tablet bag fits the T100 great, with or without dock and has a nice sized outside pocket on it. Its a neoprene bag (Amazon Basics 7-10" tablet bag). Awesome quality, only real negative is the the outside pocket, though large (it can fit my nook ST in it with room to spare), gets "bulgy" if something like my T100 charger is stuck in there. Maybe .5-.75" thick at best or else it starts to really bulge a bunch. My 500GB external HDD, T100 charger, 6" HDD USB3 cable and 3' micro USB cable for charging plus MS arc touch mouse fit in the pocket with just enough room to spare for my 3' micro HDMI to HDMI cable, but it bulges a fair amount, mostly from my T100 charger. It makes me worry a bit about putting pressure on the T100 below it, especially when the tablet bag is stuff in a larger bag.

So the thinner charger, I hope, should help with that. Longer and thinner actually probably will distribute any forces better too.

That said, my tablet case usually just has my T100 or T100+dock in it since I don't need all that other stuff 95% of the time, just for vacations or when I need to haul the stuff to a friend's house or something, but those are also when I really need to pack as light and as thin as possible.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    As a follow on question for anyone who might have experience, any ideas on mobile power packs? I don't really needdddd one per say. But I have gadget hording tendancies and I can't help feeling like "I never know when I might need one". I've been eying up some of the Anker battery packs, especially their thin ones with the built in USB cable (again, for easy fiting in my bag). They are only 5w/1A though, and I've had issues with anything under an 8.5w chargers with my T100. That said, I intend to try to track down if this is an issue with output current, or incompatibility with the T100 charging spec.

The Anker's, most of them, claim they work with the S4...and I assume if the S4 charger works with the T100, other devices that can charge the S4 should also charge the T100. I don't mind slower charging, so long as it actually works.

Just thinking about my brother-in-law's wedding next fall with a 6hr flight out to LA, plus possibly 1-3hrs in the airport on both ends (my wife insists on taking diffent planes...just in case, so the kiddos aren't orphaned [they are staying with my parents for the wedding], so that means extra time waiting at the airport or upon arrival for the difference in flight schedules), plus no idea on reliable ability to charge my T100 there (I am sure I'll find a way at some point, but I am also going to need outlets/USB charging ports for my phone and for my camera battery charger, which are likely to take priority). That and my wife's phone, and possibly her iPad as well.

Having something that I can top of 30-60% of the charge of the T100 without needing an outlet handy, if it doesn't cost much, would be awfully nifty.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    After some testing it looks like what is going on is that apple compatible chargers plain won't work with the T100. When I connect any of them to my T100 using my kill-a-watt I get 0W output. I connect non-apple compatible chargers and I get effectively the rated output on them. I tried connecting my apple compatible power bank, it actually drained 3% charge sitting in stand-by over 30 minutes. Oh, and low output chargers seem to work, so long as they are not apple charging spec.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links