Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Working Aftermarket Charger Thread

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey all! New to the forums but wish I joined earlier. I've owned my T100TA since 2014 and haven't had major complaints with it until now. The OEM charging block recently failed for me and I've been having difficulty finding a good replacement charger. Glad to see I'm not alone and really appreciate this thread.

I'm currently using my old laptop to charge my Transformer T100TA (while it's off) through USB and its able to charge my Transformer to 100% even though it takes a while.

From reading through the thread, it looks like the consensus is that this is the charger to get (Amps should be 2.1A or greater so I figured 3.5A is okay):

https://www.amazon.ca/Transformer-T1...f_rd_i=desktop

My only concern from reading through the thread is that eventually the pins on the end get loose and don't fit into the T100 after a while. I've had this happen to me before when I purchased a longer cable. Has anyone dealt with this issue or experience it?

Additionally, I still have my OEM cable and an extra PS4 micro USB cable that I use to charge the T100TA. Is there a charging block that does not have a cord attached?

I was recommended a Rosmoss charger by someone at Canada Computers but it's doing jack to charge my transformer so I have to return it. This charger was mentioned earlier in the thread but I haven't seen many reviews on it and really do not want to dish out $50 bucks only to have to return it later.

https://www.amazon.ca/iXCC-Travel-Ch...l+Wall+Charger

I also saw this on Amazon but did not see it mentioned in the thread. Also what is QC 3.0? The ad says it works with the T100 though.

https://www.amazon.ca/Charger-Transf...p?ie=UTF8&th=1

If you guys could let me know your thoughts, that would be great!

Thank you!
    Last edited by JEABOI; 04-08-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    The QC spec designation is for systems that can use Quick Charge. QC development has advanced over several industry iterations.

As for your search for an after market charger, any of the three you've found would work but the price on the $48.91 would be a negative unless you need two USB ports. Also, the two that require the cable, you'll need a good high current capacity micro-USB to USB cable. My experience using an after market charger is the micro-USB connector on the cable is the weak link.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Just sharing my experience since my Orginal T100TA Charger no longer working.. My T100TA is the 32GB variant with 500GB on dock so i need 5v 3a charger.

Just bought this item Tronsmart U5PTA Quick Charge 3.0 Rapid Desktop Charger and also bought their Tronsmart micro USB cable just to make sure.

Scenario 1#
    Using cheap none date type cable plug to Quick Charge 3.0(color blue) = its not charging it even drains the battery faster.

Scenario 2#
    Using cheap none date type cable plug to 2.4a slot(any of the 4 slots color black) = its not charging it even drains the battery faster.

Scenario 3#
    Using nokia data type cable plug to Quick Charge 3.0(color blue) = its not charging it even drains the battery faster.

Scenario 4#
    Using nokia data type cable plug to 2.4a slot(any of the 4 slots color black) = its charging but slow sometimes fast

Scenario 5#
    Using Tronsmart micro USB cable data type cable plug to Quick Charge 3.0(color blue) = its not charging it even drains the battery faster.

Scenario 6#
    Using Tronsmart micro USB cable data cable plug to 2.4a slot(any of the 4 slots color black) = its charging same as the original charger but sometimes same as scenario 1# but a quick unplug and plug it will charge again. Maybe due to the VoltiQ technology so a quick unplug and plug and it will work again.

Conclusion:
    Its not the best alternative but since i need multiple slot charger while im finding a replacement for my T100TA charger. At heavy load it still charging no drain or what so ever. Just the random scenario where at 1st plug it will drain or wont charge thats the only prob but once it goes positive its working. I can't test other cables since i only got cheap ones and Nokia cables.

Never restarted my T100 for 2 days the charging gets slow even using Tronsmart USB but after i restart my T100 it goes back to fast charge.

Screenshot:
    Battery.jpg

Amazon links:
    Tronsmart U5PTA Quick Charge 3.0 Rapid Desktop Charger
    Micro USB Cable, Tronsmart
    Last edited by Hiero; 05-04-2017 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Update on the 2 days usage

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links