Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Working Aftermarket Charger Thread

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    1 times
    And another question - I have been running under the assumption that the 32GB tablet and the 32GB+500GB tablet were identical other than the different docks. If this is the case - how is the tablet requesting more power from the charger? Is this something that is handled via software and the OS? Otherwise, what is the point of providing a 3 amp charger if the "normal" 32GB model presumably never requests more than 2 amps?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
    And another question - I have been running under the assumption that the 32GB tablet and the 32GB+500GB tablet were identical other than the different docks. If this is the case - how is the tablet requesting more power from the charger? Is this something that is handled via software and the OS? Otherwise, what is the point of providing a 3 amp charger if the "normal" 32GB model presumably never requests more than 2 amps?
    As an electrical designer, I do know that devices typically don't request a charge amperage, they have a range of acceptable voltage and amperage inputs they can draw for compatibility and various electrical environment conditions. I don't know what the min/max levels are for the T100 but they exist for both voltage and amperage equaling a total wattage input range. This input range can be regulated via multiple avenues depending on how the device was designed. (i.e input circuit, firmware)

If the battery capacity is the same for the hdd dock model vs. Non (I believe it is) then I suspect the acceptable charge values are also the same only the hdd dock model will consume battery at a faster rate and therefore Asus felt they needed to supply a higher amperage charger for better uptime statistics.
    Last edited by Jldiamond1; 05-10-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
    Ok. I understand everything you are saying above...I was simply trying to speculate about why I get different charge rates when the only "variable" I am changing is the cable between charger and tablet. Any ideas about this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Yes, the slight variance you see could be cable quality, connection quality, the accuracy of solder joints between the connector and the wires. The resistance of the wires is probably different due to these factors. The fact that you unplug the wires and replug them kind of resets or tells the system to charge again. Even the ambient temperature or temperature of the battery in modern devices will tell the related components this information and affect the batteries ability to accept charge. Additionally you have to look at everything. As voltage drops amps rise which maintains the same power in watts. To show simply, IE 100 amps and 120 volts is 12000 watts and 50 amps at 240 volts is 12000 watts. So a change in voltage due to resistance will change amperage. Point being that the same power in watts can be achieved with different voltages and amperage.

Sent via electron magic. My opinion is my opinion and any solutions or ideas probably have a hundred ways to arrive at the same result. Unless you pay someone to provide the right answer, you get what you get. Free advice is often worth what you paid for it. I can make any answer the correct answer for enough money.
    Last edited by osmosis; 05-10-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    I just ordered this just yesterday....they claim to be 100% compatible with the OEM specs of the T100, and also is classified as a "rapid-chargers":

Amazon.com: Pwr+® 2 in 1 Bundle Combo Ac Adapter + Car Charger for Asus Transformer Tablet Book T100, T100ta-b1-gr, T100ta-c1-gr 10.1 Inch Convertible 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop Power Supply Cord: Computers & Accessories
    FYI,

Adding to ASUSFAN0001 post, I've purchased Pwr+ 5V/3.5A version from Amazon.com and it seems to work without any problems. The OEM 5V/2A wasn't able to keep up with a separately powered 7-port USB hub and external USB dual video card.

Also, I noticed that Pwr+ also came out with a 5V/4A version with a dual micro-USB plugs.

Hope this helps.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times

Xqisit charger

Hello
    Thanks All for this useful thread.

I live in France and I bought from USA (because I need a QWERTY keyboard) a T100 64 GB (without HD). For the moment I use the original Asus USB (no built-in cable) charger with a US->EU adapter.

I am looking for another charger with the following specifications:
    - can be found in Europe/France (most references I found in this thread are difficult to buy here)
    - as compact as the original Asus charger (in particular no built-in cable)
    - as fast as the original Asus charger (this is the difficult point...)
    - preferably with two USB ports (second one could be low power, for camera battery)

I tried a charger from Xqisit xqisit.com
    At first I was very happy because it is very compact and nicely built (heavy solid plastic).

But it doesn't charge correctly the T100, it is unacceptably slow. I tried both the original Asus and a Portapow USB-mUSB cable, similar results, about 60% charge in 11 hours !

I also found that the Portapow cable does not work with the original Asus charger (very slow again) which I find very weird. My interpretation is that there is some more or less proprietary data-exchange between the charger and the computer software, so that charge-only cables do not work, and most third-party chargers do not work either. Asus follows Apple !

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    7 times

Chargers with 3A or more, where to buy?

Hi.

I have T100 64gb, but with charger in use, tablet consume more (about 2700 to 3500mah) than charger (only 2000mah).

32+500 charger (3000mah) works fine.

Anyone use charger with more than 3000mah?

Where to buy a microusb charger with 3000mah or more? EU PLUG

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Thread merged.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times

FANTASTIC charger that charges with the screen on under full load!

I was looking for an AC charger that I could use with my Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2013) and ASUS Transformer Book T100TA. I found this suggestion on the XDA forums and decided to give it a try on my T100TA.

6 Foot Micro USB Rapid Wall Charger for Blackberry More 5V 1 8A Output New | eBay

After some testing including running a Prime95 test under full brightness with Bluetooth and WiFi on with the device set to never sleep, the T100TA maintained a 100% battery charge. This is a GREAT charger for us and I just wanted to pass along what I had found.
    janner43 likes this.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Thanks for the information Mike

I have added your post to our dedicated thread on the subject.

(Thread merged)

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links