Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: t100 won't charge

  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62043
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times

    t100 won't charge

    i have a weird issue with battery.

    after updating windows 8.1, my t100 won't charge. it was charging fine before the update.

    i did all the updates. i didn't do the asus live updater yet though. (i'll try this when i get home)

    anything else i can do?


    usb cable and plug is all fine. was charging over night fine. woke up to do windows 8.1 update, now won't charge.

  2. #2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62043
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    fixed my charging problem.

    did the asus live update, made sure windows was updated. now all is charging well again.......faster than first time as well.

  3. #3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62551
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times

    Can't Charge won't charge

    Hello

    I charged up my new Asus T100A, installed windows updates, shutdown and left it until the morning. The battery is now completely flat (was 100% when I shutdown) and the device will not charge at all so I can't boot up so I can't undo the updates or restore the op sys. Now what?

    I now have a brand new electronic brick.

  4. #4
    Jazz
    Member #
    61612
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    64
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saint View Post
    Hello

    I charged up my new Asus T100A, installed windows updates, shutdown and left it until the morning. The battery is now completely flat (was 100% when I shutdown) and the device will not charge at all so I can't boot up so I can't undo the updates or restore the op sys. Now what?

    I now have a brand new electronic brick.
    leave it plugged in all night or even a day. that fixed it for me.

  5. #5
    Jazz
    Member #
    2536
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ampthill UK
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    59
    Liked
    3 times
    I have put in a query to Asus about the charging problems. Mine charges, but very, very slowly and with very odd indications from the charging icon while doing it.
    When I first plug-in or switch on the charging cable, the icon shows that charging is taking place and gives a typical dynamic display. This display stops after five or six cycles and remains static, with no change shown in the level of charge. If I switch off and on again, it catches up on the level of charge shown and again goes into dynamic display for a few cycles before stopping once more.
    Compared with the T101 that I own it is very pedestrian and of much lower capacity - I suppose that could just be a function of the difference in load when working?

  6. #6
    Jazz
    Member #
    2536
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ampthill UK
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    59
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sagitar66 View Post
    I have put in a query to Asus about the charging problems. Mine charges, but very, very slowly and with very odd indications from the charging icon while doing it.
    When I first plug-in or switch on the charging cable, the icon shows that charging is taking place and gives a typical dynamic display. This display stops after five or six cycles and remains static, with no change shown in the level of charge. If I switch off and on again, it catches up on the level of charge shown and again goes into dynamic display for a few cycles before stopping once more.
    Compared with the T101 that I own it is very pedestrian and of much lower capacity - I suppose that could just be a function of the difference in load when working?
    The response I got was obviously from the drawer of standard replies and appeared to have been chosen fairly randomly.

    It started with something like "sorry you are having trouble with your "laptop" and as part of the solution options suggested that I should "remove the battery".

    This in spite of all the very detailed information that the enquiry form required in order to identify the device about which I was enquiring. Whoever chose the response appeared not to know about the T100.

    It doesn't engender confidence.

  7. #7
    Ratchet
    Member #
    62648
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Posts
    242
    Liked
    31 times
    Update your firmware to 2.20 if you haven't already. If that doesn't work, perform a system refresh or restore.

  8. #8
    Jazz
    Member #
    2536
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ampthill UK
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    59
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Banise View Post
    Update your firmware to 2.20 if you haven't already. If that doesn't work, perform a system refresh or restore.
    I started the refresh process but chickened out when I got warnings that I would lose the files for MS Office and a number of others. I wasn't sure how I would restore these files given the backup arrangements on the machine.

  9. #9
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62606
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    When I did refresh process I lost every update, ms office etc. but ms office setup files was in harddisk(szstem saves automatically or doesnt delete it) and when I clicked on ms office app installing process began. These are my experiences I hope it helps to you

  10. #10
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62551
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    The update to Bios version 2.20 fixed the problem for me. Trouble free since.

 

 
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Is my T100 defective?
    By martyj01 in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 05:12 PM
  2. T100 VT-x support?
    By jkostans in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 03:37 PM
  3. Just came home with my T100
    By Dixon in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 04:27 PM
  4. T100 Questions
    By rushmore in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 02:49 PM
  5. T100 UK release
    By DippyDK in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:19 PM.