Worked for me! Thanks!

- David

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Just yesterday i was charging my laptop (T100TA), while i was gaming my laptop was on 40-30% so i decided to charge it for tomorrow, if i hold it at a certain point the orange light goes on, and then i don't touch it so it can charge. The charger works on other devices, and usually when i try to find the "certain angle" while the laptop is on, it says "USB CABLE NOT RECOGNIZED OR MALFUNCTIONED" idk whats wrong with it, now it won't charge no matter what angles its on ;-; so frustrating

(Australia) (Windows 8)
    Thanks, Sheyla
    Last edited by snguyxn; 03-28-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snguyxn View Post
    Just yesterday i was charging my laptop (T100TA), while i was gaming my laptop was on 40-30% so i decided to charge it for tomorrow, if i hold it at a certain point the orange light goes on, and then i don't touch it so it can charge. The charger works on other devices, and usually when i try to find the "certain angle" while the laptop is on, it says "USB CABLE NOT RECOGNIZED OR MALFUNCTIONED" idk whats wrong with it, now it won't charge no matter what angles its on ;-; so frustrating

(Australia) (Windows 8)
    Thanks, Sheyla
    Welcome to the forum

From what you write you either have a dodgy connection in your charger / or cable (but as it works OK on other devices then that is not likely) or you have a hardware problem on your T100 at the charging port and there isn't a lot you can do about that other than return it to Asus.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KitFox View Post
    To update the T100 BIOS (with Win 10 in this case) even when the system said that the AC wasn't connected (although it was), I used the following simple method:

A. Download & install WinFlash from the Asus website (T100 -> Win 8.1 downloads or any other place).
    B. Download the latest BIOS file from the T100 Asus website -> Win 10 downloads and unzip it.
    C. Go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers -> Device Manager -> Batteries -> disable Microsoft AC Adapter.
    D. Update the BIOS with WinFlash (it should show that the AC is connected).
    E. After the update is completed and the T100 is automatically rebooted, re-enable Microsoft AC Adapter.

Worked for me. Hopefully is should help somebody else out there.
    KitFox you are a genius!! thank you so much for saving my t100taf. I have spent the last few days trying to figure out why my t100taf wouldn't show charging while i was using it powered on, but would charge perfectly fine once i shut it down. After reading your post about disabling the microsoft AC adapter, i said to my self what the heck, try and disable that driver in the device manger and eureka its now showing that the t100 is charged and you see the charging indicator moving with the symbol in the task menu. Now i can get back to using my t100taf normally and not worry about it while i am using it. Thank you.

It seems that might be the problem maybe for most of us whose t100 aren't charging while in use.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links