Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by namley View Post
    Hi won't charge my t100.plugged in not charging .after I charge for 8 he's cuz is new laptop. Now can't charge. What I can do?,thank u
    Why do you think your T100 is not charging or charged? What charger and cable are you using? Have you tried any other charger or cable? Remember, we're not there, so the more info you can provide, the better we can help?

Also, please provide these details for your device,

•Model number - eg T100TAS, T100TAM or whatever...
    •CPU - eg Z3740 or Z3775 or whatever...
    •Size of memory - 32Gb, 64Gb, 500Gb HDD in dock or whatever...
    •System BIOS number
    •Windows version
    •Location (USA, Canada, UK, Australia etc.) to assist in recommendations for accessories, for example.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I bought a refurbished T100TA last month. As of yesterday, I am getting the message "plugged in, not charging". The battery is stuck at 4%. I was going to try to update the bios but the WinFlash utility refuses to install the latest bios unless the battery is at least at 20%. I have tried leaving the computer plugged in all day and overnight to no avail.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,
    Josh

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarnes View Post
    Hi,

I bought a refurbished T100TA last month. As of yesterday, I am getting the message "plugged in, not charging". The battery is stuck at 4%. I was going to try to update the bios but the WinFlash utility refuses to install the latest bios unless the battery is at least at 20%. I have tried leaving the computer plugged in all day and overnight to no avail.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,
    Josh
    jbarnes - Our sincerest apologies in regards to your issue of not being able to charge your T100TA. Please send us an emailed description of the issue along with the serial number of your T100TA and we will do our best to assist you in getting this resolved.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you.

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: http://service.asus.com/
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times

Battery don't charges and it won't power on

Hi all, I'm facing this issue too.
    That is going to be a long post

I bought my first T100 two weeks ago, I put it to charge and the led was white, so keeping it connected to the charger I did what Caster's guide said. I've installed all the Asus updates and later the Windows update. I let it on and connected to the charger and after five or six hours I went to check the tablet status and when I unlocked it shut down and refused to boot, the led was orange but it didn't seem to charge, after several hours connected it didn't react. I did all the tips I've read in this forums, tried keys combinations to reset, connected to phone chargers to try the trickle charging, connecting again to the provided charger but none of them worked. I went to the store where I bought and they offered to inspect it and offered me a replacement, and I accepted.

This week my replacement has arrived and I connected to the charger and again the led was white. After reading some posts of people asking if they should wait the 8 hours to start using it I begin the process again. I've configured Windows and checked the tray icon it was indicating the battery was 100% and charging, so I proceed to start the update cycle (first the Asus and later the Windows updates). So my tab has the latest BIOS drivers published through the Asus updater. I checked again the tray icon and it didn't change (100% and charging). I thought everything was fine so I continued the set up, I've installed the supplied Office. I've checked again the battery state and all was ok. I connected the keyboard and updated the driver for it, then I began installing some desktop programs to it. After six hours with the tablet connected to the charger it crashed, shut down, or hibernate, I don't know. I pressed the power button and at attempting to boot up it showed a low battery image and did nothing else, I let it connected to the charger and didn't touched again, the led then was orange, before the system crashed it was white. After several hours of charge tried to power it on but nothing happened, it didn't show the low battery image. Pressing down the power button for 10 seconds makes the led blink to orange/white 3 times and nothing else happens when pressing it again (The camera led doesn't blink now). I've tried again the trickle charge, I connected to a smartphone charger and nothing happened, I connected to a charger of the same brand that the supplied (The 3A charger is not from Asus, is from another brand) but with 1A and nothing happened. Then I realized that 1A might be a lot for the trickle charge so I connected to a USB 3.0 port from my laptop (it doesn't have any USB 2.0 slot) and after 8 hours I connected back to it's charger and tried to boot up, nothing happened. I connected to an external battery (1A) to check if the battery level decrease and check if it charges the device. But after eight hours it was everytime the same result. I bought another charger (2.1A) to give another try. After some hours nothing happened. Finally I've let it connected to the original charger to check if with 24 hours it can boot up. The last combination of keys I've done is pressing the power + windows button for 10 seconds, and without unpressing the windows button I press power button, and it seems to try to wake but nothing happens, if I connect to the keyboard dock and repeat this combination the hdd seems to try to start, but it lasts less than a second.

I also checked the battery connector and it seems to be placed at his place, I didn't reconnected it because I find too fragile to disconnect the connector, and as it seems to be right I did not touched it.

As a resume that's what I've done, the result is always the same:
    * Supplied charger (5V/3A) : Led is orange, but can't power on.
    * Nokia charger from my lumia 920 (5V/1A)
    * Charger of same brand as the original (5V/1A)
    * USB 3.0 (Laptop was on all the time)
    * Battery Pack (5V/1A)
    * Samsung Galaxy XCover2 charger (5V/0.7A)
    * Muuvit charger (5V/2.1A)
    The supplied charger and the muuvit have the cable fixed, so it's a charge only.
    For the others I've been using a charge only usb cable.

All the chargers seem to stay cold, only the first time I've connected the supplied charger and did the setup it was warm, no too much but definitely warm.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can I try something else? The probability of having two faulty devices are so low that maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    If until tomorrow it doesn't boot I will go back to the store and see what can we do.

I appreciate your attention.

Sorry for the long post.
    English is not my main language and I've tried to write it the best I could

Update: I forgot to say that I contacted with Asus support and their response was to fill an RMA, and paying some fees.
    Last edited by manelfera; 02-13-2015 at 04:16 AM.
    ASUS Transformer Book (T100TA-DK005H, Intel Atom BayTrail-T Z3740, 32GB eMMC + 250GB SSD (keyboard mod 500GB), BIOS 313) - Windows 10 Core
    MOUNTAIN Graphite 40 Pro (Core i7 4810-MQ, 16GB DDR3, GTX870M 6GB DDR5, 480GB SSD + 750GB, 17,3" Full HD) - Windows 10 Pro

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by manelfera View Post
    Hi all, I'm facing this issue too.
    That is going to be a long post

I bought my first T100 two weeks ago, I put it to charge and the led was white, so keeping it connected to the charger I did what Caster's guide said. I've installed all the Asus updates and later the Windows update. I let it on and connected to the charger and after five or six hours I went to check the tablet status and when I unlocked it shut down and refused to boot, the led was orange but it didn't seem to charge, after several hours connected it didn't react. I did all the tips I've read in this forums, tried keys combinations to reset, connected to phone chargers to try the trickle charging, connecting again to the provided charger but none of them worked. I went to the store where I bought and they offered to inspect it and offered me a replacement, and I accepted.

This week my replacement has arrived and I connected to the charger and again the led was white. After reading some posts of people asking if they should wait the 8 hours to start using it I begin the process again. I've configured Windows and checked the tray icon it was indicating the battery was 100% and charging, so I proceed to start the update cycle (first the Asus and later the Windows updates). So my tab has the latest BIOS drivers published through the Asus updater. I checked again the tray icon and it didn't change (100% and charging). I thought everything was fine so I continued the set up, I've installed the supplied Office. I've checked again the battery state and all was ok. I connected the keyboard and updated the driver for it, then I began installing some desktop programs to it. After six hours with the tablet connected to the charger it crashed, shut down, or hibernate, I don't know. I pressed the power button and at attempting to boot up it showed a low battery image and did nothing else, I let it connected to the charger and didn't touched again, the led then was orange, before the system crashed it was white. After several hours of charge tried to power it on but nothing happened, it didn't show the low battery image. Pressing down the power button for 10 seconds makes the led blink to orange/white 3 times and nothing else happens when pressing it again (The camera led doesn't blink now). I've tried again the trickle charge, I connected to a smartphone charger and nothing happened, I connected to a charger of the same brand that the supplied (The 3A charger is not from Asus, is from another brand) but with 1A and nothing happened. Then I realized that 1A might be a lot for the trickle charge so I connected to a USB 3.0 port from my laptop (it doesn't have any USB 2.0 slot) and after 8 hours I connected back to it's charger and tried to boot up, nothing happened. I connected to an external battery (1A) to check if the battery level decrease and check if it charges the device. But after eight hours it was everytime the same result. I bought another charger (2.1A) to give another try. After some hours nothing happened. Finally I've let it connected to the original charger to check if with 24 hours it can boot up. The last combination of keys I've done is pressing the power + windows button for 10 seconds, and without unpressing the windows button I press power button, and it seems to try to wake but nothing happens, if I connect to the keyboard dock and repeat this combination the hdd seems to try to start, but it lasts less than a second.

I also checked the battery connector and it seems to be placed at his place, I didn't reconnected it because I find too fragile to disconnect the connector, and as it seems to be right I did not touched it.

As a resume that's what I've done, the result is always the same:
    * Supplied charger (5V/3A) : Led is orange, but can't power on.
    * Nokia charger from my lumia 920 (5V/1A)
    * Charger of same brand as the original (5V/1A)
    * USB 3.0 (Laptop was on all the time)
    * Battery Pack (5V/1A)
    * Samsung Galaxy XCover2 charger (5V/0.7A)
    * Muuvit charger (5V/2.1A)
    The supplied charger and the muuvit have the cable fixed, so it's a charge only.
    For the others I've been using a charge only usb cable.

All the chargers seem to stay cold, only the first time I've connected the supplied charger and did the setup it was warm, no too much but definitely warm.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can I try something else? The probability of having two faulty devices are so low that maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    If until tomorrow it doesn't boot I will go back to the store and see what can we do.

I appreciate your attention.

Sorry for the long post.
    English is not my main language and I've tried to write it the best I could

Update: I forgot to say that I contacted with Asus support and their response was to fill an RMA, and paying some fees.
    manelfera - We are very that you've been having these issues with your T100. Please send us an emailed copy of this problem description to socialsupportus@asus.com along with the serial number of your device and we will do our best to assist you with this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    manelfera - We are very that you've been having these issues with your T100. Please send us an emailed copy of this problem description to socialsupportus@asus.com along with the serial number of your device and we will do our best to assist you with this.
    Hi! Thanks for your response Asus_USA, as I said I contacted with Asus suport and they offered me a RMA, so no further help from their part.

Now I just succeed in powering the transformer on after one hour trying combinations of keys, but none of them seemed to work. Finally I opened to check the voltage running through the connectors with a tester and magic, it booted up. The tray icon on windows noted that the battery was 95% connected but not charging. Now I've installed the latest BIOS (3.1.3) and it says connected and charging. Will do some more tests and will update this post.
    ASUS Transformer Book (T100TA-DK005H, Intel Atom BayTrail-T Z3740, 32GB eMMC + 250GB SSD (keyboard mod 500GB), BIOS 313) - Windows 10 Core
    MOUNTAIN Graphite 40 Pro (Core i7 4810-MQ, 16GB DDR3, GTX870M 6GB DDR5, 480GB SSD + 750GB, 17,3" Full HD) - Windows 10 Pro

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Now I've installed the latest BIOS (3.1.3) and it says connected and charging. Will do some more tests and will update this post.
    Some older BIOS are known to have charging issues. 313 is solid.

What was your original BIOS number?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    Some older BIOS are known to have charging issues. 313 is solid.

What was your original BIOS number?
    I had installed BIOS 303 which is the latest available at ASUS live updater. After reading nearly all posts I suspected I haven't installed latest version but as I could not boot the transformer I could do nothing. Now it seems to work as expected.
    I installed too the BatteryBar v3.6.6 to check better the battery stats and it charged from 95% to 100% and now I'm using it without the charger and looking at the dischargin rate. For now seems to be ok.

Can I ask something not related with the battery in this post? If not I will try to repost at another forum.
    Is there any update from Asus needed but not showed in Asus live updater?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Is there any update from Asus needed but not showed in Asus live updater?
    Asus Live Update is notoriously slow (if ever) to apply the most current updates. That being said, in my experience, Live Update is a reasonable tool and I think in most cases, it can get you to a "safe and solid device" although not necessarily the latest (Asus_USA why?) that is available on Asus Support.
    Caster and manelfera like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links