smo
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saint View Post
    The update to Bios version 2.20 fixed the problem for me. Trouble free since.
    How did you update bios without charging?

It does not show charging on my t100. And ASUS auto update / Winflash failed to update bios with no detail error message. EZ flash in bios complains AC adapter is not connected and refuses to update bios.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I updated my BIOS to 2.23 using the WinFlash utility off the Asus site. It went fine, but afterwards, refused to accept that it was plugged in. I unplugged/plugged the power a few times, rebooted it, unplugged/plugged again, and then started fiddling with the Windows power settings. Not certain what I did, but suddenly the little orange charging light lit up and all was well again.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moth View Post
    I updated my BIOS to 2.23 using the WinFlash utility off the Asus site. It went fine, but afterwards, refused to accept that it was plugged in. I unplugged/plugged the power a few times, rebooted it, unplugged/plugged again, and then started fiddling with the Windows power settings. Not certain what I did, but suddenly the little orange charging light lit up and all was well again.
    I suspect you ultimately gave the T100 a change to "catch it's breath" somewhere along the way after a reset. That's an expectation after a BIOS update.

Glad to hear you're running fine now.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Same here. T100T since Feb. 2014. All updates installed (Asus and windows) including a few BIOS updates (!!??) . When in use windows .. plugged in and charging .. but not charging at all. Only charging during night when not in use!! and for the 11 hours of battery usage... well that's probably with minimum usage.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    I'd suspect bad cable or bad charger.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    With 3A charger, can charge while using.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

t100ta won't charge

Quote Originally Posted by sagitar66 View Post
    I have put in a query to Asus about the charging problems. Mine charges, but very, very slowly and with very odd indications from the charging icon while doing it.
    When I first plug-in or switch on the charging cable, the icon shows that charging is taking place and gives a typical dynamic display. This display stops after five or six cycles and remains static, with no change shown in the level of charge. If I switch off and on again, it catches up on the level of charge shown and again goes into dynamic display for a few cycles before stopping once more.
    Compared with the T101 that I own it is very pedestrian and of much lower capacity - I suppose that could just be a function of the difference in load when working?
    I know how it feels sagitar66: I have EXACTLY the same problem - looks likes it's charging for a few moments, then does nothing ever after. My heart is broken since day one. I have sent it to asus to be fixed twice - came back with no problem found. Not only does my notebook not charge when plugged in and in use, it actually goes DOWN in charge over time. It takes over 5 hours to charge when turned off. It runs out of charge in about 20 hours when not in use. I haven't tried updating the BIOS as suggested here, but I'm about to send it off for repair for the third time. I'll let you know how I get on...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by transformernation View Post
    I know how it feels sagitar66: I have EXACTLY the same problem - looks likes it's charging for a few moments, then does nothing ever after. My heart is broken since day one. I have sent it to asus to be fixed twice - came back with no problem found. Not only does my notebook not charge when plugged in and in use, it actually goes DOWN in charge over time. It takes over 5 hours to charge when turned off. It runs out of charge in about 20 hours when not in use. I haven't tried updating the BIOS as suggested here, but I'm about to send it off for repair for the third time. I'll let you know how I get on...
    WELL KNOWN FACT. The stock 2A charger will not supply enough current to charge the battery while the device is being used... in fact it will slowly discharge while in use.

Your problem is easily solved by purchasing one of these...

Amazon.com: Pwr+® 6.5 Ft Fastest 3.5A Charger AC Adapter for Asus Transformer Tablet Book T100, T100ta-b1-gr, T100ta-c1-gr 10.1 Inch Convertible 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop Power Supply Cord: Computers & Accessories
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    WELL KNOWN FACT. The stock 2A charger will not supply enough current to charge the battery while the device is being used... in fact it will slowly discharge while in use.

Your problem is easily solved by purchasing one of these...

Amazon.com: Pwr+® 6.5 Ft Fastest 3.5A Charger AC Adapter for Asus Transformer Tablet Book T100, T100ta-b1-gr, T100ta-c1-gr 10.1 Inch Convertible 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop Power Supply Cord: Computers & Accessories
    Gosh rickscheller, I didn't know that. I'll see if I can get one in France (I live there). Can't find it on the French amazon site but I'll try elsewhere.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi won't charge my t100.plugged in not charging .after I charge for 8 he's cuz is new laptop. Now can't charge. What I can do?,thank u

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links