Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    slow charging PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Anyone having charging problems should watch this video:

As a matter of fact, you should pull out the two silver prongs and golden-plated pins as well. I had a problem with battery drain while the computer was plugged in. Charging rate was only 2W, so the battery was slowly discharging. After I fixed the prongs and pins the charging rate increased to 4.5-5W, and the battery started to charge normally.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    Can you explain if I'm pulling the silver connectors up so they stick into the middle of the usb port housing more or trying to move them outwards? Also I can just about fiddle with 2 of the silver prongs on one side but can't see any hope of doing anything with the ones on the other side as the rectangular USB block in the middle of the port leaves 3mm max to the prongs which I can barely see?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    How do you flash the new BIOS updates? Wouldn't they notify you of updates so you can install them? Is there someplace you can ask for auto updates? LindaM
    Last edited by LindaM; 02-21-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, just thought I would share my experience with this issue, and my solution.

I had been getting excellent battery life from my T100 since new, with very little drain in sleep mode. Then about a week ago I started noticing that it was warm when taking it out of my bag and the battery seemed to be draining all the time. I looked at the various fixes people have been posting on this forum and didn't find anything that made a difference for me. Basically the T100 would go to sleep when I closed the lid but then almost immediately woke up again and stayed that way, hence the drain.

Then I noticed that one of the three little rubber feet built into the keyboard dock that face the screen when closed, was missing - specifically the one under the track pad. Luckily I managed to find it and superglued it back on. Result - fixed! The T100 goes to sleep and no drain issues.

I've no idea why this should be, as the other two feet should keep the screen from touching the keys, and the foot itself only sticks up by about 1mm, so it doesnt seem as if it should make such a difference. However ever since I put it back on I have had no issues.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having that problem where the battery indicator keeps showing that it's fully charged even though it probably isn't and when I plug in to charge it I'm not sure if it's actually charging anymore.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    if it is showing it's fully charged...what made you think that it's not....may be it really is..

Quote Originally Posted by yohoos View Post
    I'm having that problem where the battery indicator keeps showing that it's fully charged even though it probably isn't and when I plug in to charge it I'm not sure if it's actually charging anymore.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

Question Same Problem With Battery Not Charging Once Full

Quote Originally Posted by yohoos View Post
    I've had my t100 since early November. It is currently completely up to date on both Windows and Asus updates. A couple of days ago, showing 100% on the battery (and with the Asus charger plugged in), it shut down cold. I couldn't get it to restart at all - black screen, nothing else - so I disconnected it from the keyboard, left it plugged into the charger for several hours, then tried again.

This time it started, and the battery meter showed 5% on the battery. It took fourteen hours to charge it to 100%, at which point the power light switched from orange to white.

It's still white, and the battery meter shows 100%. Sounds good, right? Except that I've been working on it with about ten apps open, and a dozen browser windows, using Bluetooth accessories, with the screen brightness set at 100% - *and the power cable not plugged in* for nearly three hours.

I'm pretty sure I've used enough juice to budge the battery meter below 100%, unless somehow the recent Bios update (304) inserted a magic eternal batter in the machine.

So now I'm wondering what's going on - is the battery defective? The connection to the cable? The charger? I mean, it did work to recharge the battery after it drained to shutdown, but it drained to shutdown with the same charger plugged in.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Three steps to solve the problem
    1- update to bois 313
    2- full factory reset
    3- again full factory reset
    Enjoy you battery and your tablet asus t100

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    rcwm,
    You have stumbled across what is driving most of the users on this forum mad. What you have explained here is very, very true.
    I tested your fixed and it works. When closing the cover and NOT shutting down the Tablet the Tab shuts down at 22 degrees. If the rubber bumper is not there the TAB will come back on. It willrun as if it was fully opened. It is easy to test this if you take the time. Putting the rubber bumper back prevents the Tab from starting back up.
    VLCF

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links