Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rjstep3 View Post
    Is there a power drain thread somewhere?

I find that - randomly - leaving the T100 overnight docked, not connected to power, leads to the thing being dead the next morning. For some reason, it turns on over night and will not turn off, leading to its turning itself off when the battery is dead.

This seems to be random - Sunday night it was fine and I went to bed with the battery nearly full. Last night I went to bed with the battery showing 85% and this morning it was dead. I can't think of a difference between the two.

I have unchecked the box for power properties on the keyboard in device manager; I have set the thing to sleep after 2 minutes off power and 5 minutes on power.

What am I missing?

rjstep3
    Quote Originally Posted by qbasob View Post
    Standard question:
    Did you updated bios to version 2.20?
    Also, thread about battery drain is here:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...-shutdown.html
    Threads merged. (Temporary redirect left for rjstep3's thread) Thanks for linking the threads, qbasob.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rjstep3 View Post
    I think qbasob's point is that Windows defaults to doing its own downloads and updates. If the machine is incapable of handling this (either because of a bug in Windows or because Asus has goofed with the design of the T100) the the user is always going to lose. (Unless the user knows about how to disable automatic updates: the problem is that Windows strongly encourages the user to accept the default setting).
    Valid point.

I have my T100 set up to notify me of updates, but I still have the choice if/when to install them. It's a simple setup, but I can understand that perhaps a novice is unaware of this option.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, so I realize that I am a little late to this party (just got my T100 for Christmas) but I am having the same issue. Well, kind of.... My problem is not when I shut it down but when I simply close the tablet (with docking station attached). My T100 goes to sleep but then somehow, my camera comes on and starts taking pictures. I have only had the T100 for about a week and when I checked my camera roll, there was over 250 pictures of a black screen. I am assuming the active use of the camera is what is draining my battery. I understand that I had not shut my computer down, but with it put to sleep, how is my camera coming on? Did anyone else find that your camera had taken actual pictures? And is there some shortcut (buttons on the outside of the tablet) that could pull the camera up? I was just wondering if there was some way to disable any shortcuts to the camera and that might help the issue. I cannot find any settings for the camera.

Has anyone figured out any solutions to the camera problem?

Thanks so much for your help!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Gosh! I have just purchased one for chrissy too, and will look at photos as I noticed the battery drain after shut down also.

rscheller
    There is a user setting that enables the camera by swiping down on the lock screen. Perhaps with this enabled and the right sequence of events when closing the device, you're inadvertently enabling the camera?

Zox
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi guys, my battery indicator get stuck at 100% after reinstalling asus ac reminder utility 1.0.2. Any solution?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem. My tablet,while in shutdown, was drained overnight for no apparent reason. It happened two or three times so I was a bit worried. The way (it seems) I fixed this was by installing an optional driver that turned up in Windows Updates, something regarding the light sensor (I'm guessing it also affects the light that turns on when you open your camera). I only installed this driver and the problem disappeared, so I think that fixed it. Can anyone try it out and confirm? Thanks.

Zox
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tress View Post
    I had the same problem. My tablet,while in shutdown, was drained overnight for no apparent reason. It happened two or three times so I was a bit worried. The way (it seems) I fixed this was by installing an optional driver that turned up in Windows Updates, something regarding the light sensor (I'm guessing it also affects the light that turns on when you open your camera). I only installed this driver and the problem disappeared, so I think that fixed it. Can anyone try it out and confirm? Thanks.
    Do you mean "Capella microsystems light sensor" ? I installed it. Does your battery percentage slowly decrease while the computer is connected to DC supply?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zox View Post
    Do you mean "Capella microsystems light sensor" ? I installed it. Does your battery percentage slowly decrease while the computer is connected to DC supply?
    Yes, that's the one.

You mean if I use the tablet while charging? No. Actually it increases.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zox View Post
    Are you using the T100's charger? If you are using an apple compatible charger it will do this. It says it is connected to AC and the LED charging light will come on, but it will draw 0 juice from the charger (I've confirmed this with about half a dozen Apple compatible chargers, NONE will charger it, all show that it is connected to AC though).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links